List Mgmt. 2017 Draft Needs...

Remove this Banner Ad

I see Carlton picking Fogarty at 10 if he still available and this board going into a meltdown! :D
The theatre around pick 10 vs 11 vs 12 in this years draft will provide much interest for years to come! Unlike like the Lever - Cocky comparisons, the performance of Gibbs and the Crows overall in the next 4 years adds another dimension to the debate.

Could be a slowly escalating melt if we fail in the next 3-4 years and pick 10 ends of a gun!

But we shouldn't judge too much in hindsight. Right now, I support the move.

The theatre around pick 10 vs 11 vs 12 in this years draft will provide much interest for years to come! Unlike like the Lever - Cocky comparisons, the performance of Gibbs and the Crows overall in the next 4 years adds another dimension to the debate.

Could be a slowly escalating melt if we fail in the next 3-4 years and pick 10 ends of a gun!

But we shouldn't judge too much in hindsight. Right now, I support the move.
Oh I am pretty comfortable with the move and see very little (if any) difference between pick 10 and 12 in this draft. I am confident we will pick up at VERY VERY good player at 12. Might even end up being a better player in the long term than those picked in the 6-11 range.

Bicks Jeffcrowe Danger in Texas

Dear resident draft experts ;)

Care to share your top twelve power rankings please? Basically a list of the player you'd take at each pick, up until our actual pick, if we hypothetically had pick 1, pick 2... etc.

Hope this makes sense, and apologies if you've already provided this.
My Power rankings
1 Rayner
2 Davies-Uniake
3 Stephenson
4 Hayes
5 Dow
6 Coffield
7 Cerra
8 Bonar
9 Constable
10 Naughton
11 A Brayshaw
12 Higgins
13 Fogarty
14 H Clarke
15 Ballenden
16 Brander
17 Allen
18 Naish

Can't understand how Rayner isn't consensus number 1

I know it's not really 2017 related, but what is the obsession with Jack Hately? Watched a lot of footage of him recently and I really don't see a lot to get excited about. How is he even touted as a first rounder?

Rozee looks the much better prospect.
Hately is v good . Just watch him in SA v Allies game . Not bad for a bottom ager , looked like a season veteran

My Power rankings
1 Rayner
2 Davies-Uniake
3 Stephenson
4 Hayes
5 Dow
6 Coffield
7 Cerra
8 Bonar
9 Constable
10 Naughton
11 A Brayshaw
12 Higgins
13 Fogarty
14 H Clarke
15 Ballenden
16 Brander
17 Allen
18 Naish

Awesome, thanks for that.

Hately is v good . Just watch him in SA v Allies game . Not bad for a bottom ager , looked like a season veteran

Interesting... I can’t remember what games I watched altogether, but most he seemed a bit scrappy with his disposal.

Good vision and the decision making was there, but yeah just very poor execution.

Guess if he’s a bottom ager there’s still plenty of wiggle room.

My Power rankings
1 Rayner
2 Davies-Uniake
3 Stephenson
4 Hayes
5 Dow
6 Coffield
7 Cerra
8 Bonar
9 Constable
10 Naughton
11 A Brayshaw
12 Higgins
13 Fogarty
14 H Clarke
15 Ballenden
16 Brander
17 Allen
18 Naish

:huh: Have you seen LDU play? .... wow !

#1 IMO ......

Pffffttt ...... looking at underage players now is like predicting the 2019 premiers .... a waste of time

Players that were raves about this time last year have fallen as others have improved more

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bicks Jeffcrowe Danger in Texas

Dear resident draft experts ;)

Care to share your top twelve power rankings please? Basically a list of the player you'd take at each pick, up until our actual pick, if we hypothetically had pick 1, pick 2... etc.

Hope this makes sense, and apologies if you've already provided this.
My top 20 power rankings:

1: Cam Rayner
2: Luke Davies-Uniacke
3: Paddy Dow
4: Jaidyn Stephenson
5: Adam Cerra
6: Andrew Brayshaw
7: Nick Coffield
8: Charlie Constable
9: Aiden Bonar
10: Hunter Clark
11: Sam Hayes
12: Aaron Naughton
13: Jack Higgins
14: Jarrod Brander
15: Darcy Fogarty
16: Connor Ballenden
17: Lochie O'Brien
18: Zac Bailey
19: Nathan Murphy
20: James Worpel

Bailey probably the standout there, rate him very highly

My top 20 power rankings:

1: Cam Rayner
2: Luke Davies-Uniacke
3: Paddy Dow
4: Jaidyn Stephenson
5: Adam Cerra
6: Andrew Brayshaw
7: Nick Coffield
8: Charlie Constable
9: Aiden Bonar
10: Hunter Clark
11: Sam Hayes
12: Aaron Naughton
13: Jack Higgins
14: Jarrod Brander
15: Darcy Fogarty
16: Connor Ballenden
17: Lochie O'Brien
18: Zac Bailey
19: Nathan Murphy
20: James Worpel

Bailey probably the standout there, rate him very highly

Sweet, cheers

Pffffttt ...... looking at underage players now is like predicting the 2019 premiers .... a waste of time

Players that were raves about this time last year have fallen as others have improved more
But you know that's not right

Why are we trading into early picks next year ? Because we watch these kids

Might be a waste of time for you to take notice but doesn't mean for everyone

To be fair, we could have said the same about Brisbane/Richmond trading into this year’s draft

But do agree that our recruiters must see something ‘at this stage’

Yes Jeff, it's a waste of time mate .....trading of early picks is more in acknowledgement of the Drafts strength than a particular player .....there wouldn't be a club that would tie itself to a player this far out, he may not develop .....others may overtake the "stars" of next year as they stand now

This time last year Coleman-Jones was the star ......where's he ranked now ?

This statement of "we've watched the kids" is the biggest load of hogwash around ......counts for little, other than their application to the game & mental attitude .......if Bonar doesn't play the "Stars" game recently, he'd be ranked in the 20's ......but one good game & suddenly he's talked about as top 10 ......talk about fickled recruiting

Another example: Damien Martin last contract was "hawked around" .....absolutely no-one wanted him !!! .......3 years later clubs were crawling over cut-glass to get him & prepared to pay 3 times the amount .......Jeff you give clubs way too much credit for thinking they know what they're doing (generalization)

Adelaides strenght has come from outside opportuniies of our perceived best 22

JJ,Jacobs, Betts Lynch Gibbs Seedsman hampton Gibson from other clubs

Hartigan,Greenwood, Laird , Kelly all rookies which are a punt as you would have taken in the ND if you had confidence in them

Tex (Acadamy pick)

Sloane, Crouch, Crouch, Atkins, Brown Talia , Knight, Milera, Douglas

Its a very mixed team with only 9 ND picks and are we concerned at retaining sloane and the crouch boys

I saw Bonar up close and live here at Mars Stadium at his 2nd TAC game back from the knee before his name had even been mentioned anywhere, and I mean ANYWHERE, it was obvious just on one viewing of Aiden he was a very, very, very special talent......See my match review written and posted on here when returning from the game. Some of us do actually watch these kids and have an eye for talent....and with Bonar is stuck out like dog's balls!!
Looks like he's no chance for pick 12.

I agree in principal that we watch the kids, but I dont think we traded into 2018 just because we rated 4 or 5 SA individuals in particular.

We would have to rate the draft crop as a whole to be invested in next year. I completely agree it is worth watching the kids, but it isn't worth predicting where they may go within ~5 places more than a year from the draft.

I agree in principal that we watch the kids, but I dont think we traded into 2018 just because we rated 4 or 5 SA individuals in particular.

We would have to rate the draft crop as a whole to be invested in next year. I completely agree it is worth watching the kids, but it isn't worth predicting where they may go within ~5 places more than a year from the draft.
And I certainly don't think it's worth locking in their spots and rating their positions either

Apparently we've invested into next years draft because it's strong overall but also strong for SA kids

Still plenty worth it to track a kid's development. Gives a greater understanding of what the kids can do, although it definitely doesn't impact the draft order as much as the draft year form itself.

I saw Bonar up close and live here at Mars Stadium at his 2nd TAC game back from the knee before his name had even been mentioned anywhere, and I mean ANYWHERE, it was obvious just on one viewing of Aiden he was a very, very, very special talent......See my match review written and posted on here when returning from the game. Some of us do actually watch these kids and have an eye for talent....and with Bonar it stuck out like dog's balls!! That was way before the ALL Stars Game and there were plenty of recruiters I saw there that day Hamish, SOS, Rendell, Dodoro, Wells to mention some, you do realise the players picked for the ALL Stars game were there because the club recruiters had requested them??
That's all very well ......so explain why Lever (who was also followed by recruiters) fell from the top 3-4 ranked to 14th on the back of one Knee Reco .........yet you're saying (and every year there's an over-hyped player) that Bonar on the back of two Knee Reco's & 7 games of footy in two years is rising within the top 10 ???????????????????????????

If i am a club i'll take a risk, as Hawthorn did with Burton at #19 ......but i am not taking that same risk with a top 10 pick .......wasn't Burton another example of a top 5 ranked player falling after injury ??????

Bonar may have great talent .....but as a top 10 that's a HUGE risk that there's been no club has so far demonstrated they're prepared to take ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back