List Mgmt. 2017 Draft Needs...

Remove this Banner Ad

Still plenty worth it to track a kid's development. Gives a greater understanding of what the kids can do, although it definitely doesn't impact the draft order as much as the draft year form itself.
Correct ! ......and further to that the period from & inc the Championship to the All Stars game ......have a poor Championship & that devalues the player, irrespective of how they played as a 17 year old

Neither Burton or Lever did any of the Draft Combine physical testing just prior to the draft due to their knees........Bonar did and did so exceptionally well, Bonar has also successfully returned to competitive football something neither Burton or Lever had done leading up to the draft which would have allayed some if not all the doubts in recruiters minds..You're comparing apples with oranges in that sense.
Lets see come Draft Day .....we always seem to disagree at Draft time ;):p

IMO, I think we’ll go a tall with our first pick , given I think Dear won’t be recontracted after 2018.. Brander, Balta or Naughton is who I think we will pick at 12. McPherson and Edwards with later picks .
Next year is a Tall Draft .......i expect our first pick this Draft, to be a Mid / Utility

Historically that's how we've drafted

Clark seems perfect...almost.

Highlights show a guy whose kick under pressure misses a heap of targets...like a Pittard.

For those who have watched him play far more than a couple of you tube clips how do you rate his kicking under match pressure? I'm aware it's a pretty technique on both sides but geez they seem scattergun!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Highlights show a guy whose kick under pressure misses a heap of targets...like a Pittard.

For those who have watched him play far more than a couple of you tube clips how do you rate his kicking under match pressure? I'm aware it's a pretty technique on both sides but geez they seem scattergun!

Not really selling it to me

His kicking is a strength , sometimes those edits can make you look better or worse than you are . They are chucked together by whoever in 5 mins

He's very good on left foot as well , I just wonder whether he is dynamic enough to be more than a good steady average player

Should definitely be in mix for our pick

Caught the Draft Combine thing on Fox this afternoon, well the 1st 12 picks. Like the look of that Unakie (sp). Has anyone likened him to Dangerfield? Looks a line and pack breaker.

Brayshaw looks ok.
LDU is more skilled but not as powerful as Dangerfield

A really nice inside outside mid and nice size

I've actually seen Hunter Clark play live 5 times live over the last 2 seasons, I'm not basing my opinion off highlight reels, last year as an under ager he played across half back as a running back and was outstanding in that role, this year's he moved into the midfield and has been equally outstanding averaging 27 disposals a game, he has both an inside contested game and an outside/spread/link up game, a dual sided player and though he'll tell you he's a right footer I'll defy anybody to tell the difference on game day. He also possesses elite endurance and runs just as hard without the ball as when he's in possession and tackles manically. Both times I've seen him this year he's been clearly B.O.G. and far more impressive than team-mate Luke Davies-Unakie. The only true mids I'd take before him would be Paddy Dow and Adam Cerra. Cam Rayner in time will no doubt play midfield but until he improves his tank significantly he'll be playing forward, Darcy Fogarty who you guys are pumping up as a midfielder more on perceived potential than anything he's actually proven on field, the best football I've seen him play has been up forward and does he have the tank for the midfield? Charlie Constable I don't rate as high as some as he's always looked too slow for my liking and his spread is pretty ordinary, the best games I saw him play he patrolled across half back more as an interceptor. I think both Fogarty and Bonar may be gone before our pick anyway.

Edit : Andrew Brayshaw is also a nice mid prospect but I'm not sure he's the type Pyke would target as even though he has elite endurance he's not overly quick and lacks versatility with no clear indication he can play other roles/positions.
Are you going to do a phantom top 12 for us at some stage Bicks?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back