Chris Gayle

Remove this Banner Ad

We are quite happy with our 3 BBL titles to be honest, rather than paying over the top money for inconsistent sloggers

You mean the most consistent and accomplished T20 player in the format's history?

No doubt if it doesn't work, paying that much to one player can hurt you. But Gayle has been about as consistent as you can possibly be in the format.

From memory he has hit something like 16 T20 centuries. The next highest for an individual last I looked was 3.

Curios to know what Chris Gayle salary was in the last Big Bash campaign? or anyone have an estimate? Given that the salary cap for BBL05 was $ 1.3 million and increased to $1.4 million.

Would a ball park figure of $250,000 for Gayle during his season with the Melbourne Renegades be about right?

Not bad coin for just coming out to bat for 8 innings or so.

You mean the most consistent and accomplished T20 player in the format's history?

No doubt if it doesn't work, paying that much to one player can hurt you. But Gayle has been about as consistent as you can possibly be in the format.

From memory he has hit something like 16 T20 centuries. The next highest for an individual last I looked was 3.
Indeed it can

Curios to know what Chris Gayle salary was in the last Big Bash campaign? or anyone have an estimate? Given that the salary cap for BBL05 was $ 1.3 million and increased to $1.4 million.

Would a ball park figure of $250,000 for Gayle during his season with the Melbourne Renegades be about right?

Not bad coin for just coming out to bat for 8 innings or so.
Don't think so.

The Thunder originally payed him just short of 250K but that was well publicised.

He would have been on something more like 150k

lmaooo the harvey weinsten of cricket...

white people have crazy double standards. white media is a disgrace to the world.

jamaican sporting legend.. those 103 tests are so underappreciated, with the quality of players around him, he was always that one notch above everyone else.

his big hundreds were a joy to watch and i hope he aint retiring.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

white people have crazy double standards. white media is a disgrace to the world.

jamaican sporting legend.. those 103 tests are so underappreciated, with the quality of players around him, he was always that one notch above everyone else.

His personality doesn't match his playing ability. While I admit that he is a great player, his off field antics and non show of humility makes him not much of a likeable person.

I bumped into him in Sydney and yeah I admit Im not a good looking blonde but he treated his average joe fan like a 2nd class citizen.

This.

His ton in Perth about 7 years ago was one of the most enjoyable knocks I’ve ever watched. Not that it would be hard but he made Hauritz look like a third grader.

Not once did I mention race or cricket ability of which he has plenty. My observation that he's a total sleazebag, and possible sexual predator, is well known anecdotally, and is currently being tested in court.

Not once did I mention race or cricket ability of which he has plenty. My observation that he's a total sleazebag, and possible sexual predator, is well known anecdotally, and is currently being tested in court.

Well no it’s not. The credibility of the SMH is being tested in court. No one has made a case against Gayle and the idea of him being a sexual predator itself hasn’t even been raised. Not savoury perhaps but propositioning anyone is not sexual predation.

Typical minority victim mentality.

I can play this too. But let's not.

Typical minority victim mentality.

I can play this too. But let's not.
are you caping for white media??

of course minorities are dragged in the mud in the media, this is another example. if Steve Smith did it hed be seen as 'just being a bloke', 'just trying to be a ladies man'

im not saying Gayle is a saint, he is a loose unit.. but 'sexual predator', 'harvey weinsten of cricket'? lmaooo.. nah, someones got to pull their heads in.

are you caping for white media??

of course minorities are dragged in the mud in the media, this is another example. if Steve Smith did it hed be seen as 'just being a bloke', 'just trying to be a ladies man'

im not saying Gayle is a saint, he is a loose unit.. but 'sexual predator', 'harvey weinsten of cricket'? lmaooo.. nah, someones got to pull their heads in.
I agree with you on the second paragraph, but I HIGHLY doubt Smith would be let off the hook if he did the same.

If Steve Smith was flashing at women he'd lose the captaincy, endorsements and probably get suspended by CA.

Fairfax got a chunk bitten out of their arse. A message there too for the newly-PC Cricket Australia.

Reckon if Gayle got hold of a few radio transcriptions there'd be others called to account.

If Steve Smith was flashing at women he'd lose the captaincy, endorsements and probably get suspended by CA.

Chris Gayle lost the Test captaincy, as is effectively banned from Test selection by the WICB. Might not be as a direct result of his behavior with women, but the outcome is pretty much the same.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back