List Mgmt. 2017 Draft Needs...

Remove this Banner Ad

That's easy on what he's done up to now ...Jake Stringer

Edit : Less to go on but maybe Charlie Curnow?
In that case, do want! :D

Seriously, I think with these draft picks, it's all well and good to look at what the immediate need might be but we also need to look at the long term view. In say 3-4 years time. That forward line will be a bit thin as the big boys ride off to sunset or are close to doing so. McGovern hopefully stays with us long term but there is not much more in terms of genuine forward line prospects left on the list. If Fogarty can play as a 50 goal forward who can run through the midfield then I am all for it (if in fact he is available at 12). Local talent with match winning potential. Yes please!

Having said that, I would be staggered if he is available at 12. As I said previously, I could see Carlton taking him at 10 if he is still on board and causing all sorts of headaches for the opposition in a few years time with Curnow/Fogarty duo.

In that case, do want! :D

Seriously, I think with these draft picks, it's all well and good to look at what the immediate need might be but we also need to look at the long term view. In say 3-4 years time. That forward line will be a bit thin as the big boys ride off to sunset or are close to doing so. McGovern hopefully stays with us long term but there is not much more in terms of genuine forward line prospects left on the list. If Fogarty can play as a 50 goal forward who can run through the midfield then I am all for it (if in fact he is available at 12). Local talent with match winning potential. Yes please!

Having said that, I would be staggered if he is available at 12. As I said previously, I could see Carlton taking him at 10 if he is still on board and causing all sorts of headaches for the opposition in a few years time with Curnow/Fogarty duo.

Nah, if Carlton get Fogarty the only headaches it will cause the crows in a few years time is the headache of dealing for a trade with SOS when Fogarty wants to return home to adelaide!!.

If Fogarty and Bonar are avialble at the same time?

Would you risk the go home factor that we just saw how much of an impact in the trade period the go home factor played with plenty of players playing that card
Still go with the best, most talented player. If it's pretty close in all our rankings, you go for Fogarty.

Ignoring more talented players just because they are from another state is NOT a smart thing to do. Just look at that list of Croweaters playing at the interstate club. Cringe worthy! :eek:

Still go with the best, most talented player. If it's pretty close in all our rankings, you go for Fogarty.

Ignoring more talented players just because they are from another state is NOT a smart thing to do. Just look at that list of Croweaters playing at the interstate club. Cringe worthy! :eek:

Yes but then you look at the croweaters we could have selected in Burton hayward and graham and the Victorian players we picked in front of them

Two arguements to that

If Fogarty and Bonar are avialble at the same time?

Would you risk the go home factor that we just saw how much of an impact in the trade period the go home factor played with plenty of players playing that card
Looking forward to seeing more footage of Bonar but he sounds like Fogarty except more explosive/quick and more sure bet to be a mid one day.

The go home factor wouldn't spook me in this case.

If Bonar gone and we get Fogarty I'll still be very excited and yes the non-interstate player factor would be a bonus.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seen him live a couple of times this year, 2 very different performances, one he looked the goods up forward kicking a couple of goals and pulling down several good grabs, the other played both forward and defence and looked fumbly dropping some marks he really should have eaten with his size advantage, really don't see him as the pack splitting tall forward at AFL level, not really as aggressive at the contest as I like to see in big blokes at the junior level, nice kick but. Noah Balta is the Tall I'd be taking if we go tall, agressive, super athletic, hits the packs, booming long kick, after Jaidyn Stephenson possesses the most X factor in this draft IMO.
Appreciating all your insights Bicks

Yeah, I had a look at the Brander highlights online, looks a 'nice' player but we have Jenkins for the next few years already.

Rather another McGovern X-factor type.

Next year is a Tall Draft .......i expect our first pick this Draft, to be a Mid / Utility

Historically that's how we've drafted

Agreed, it sounds very much like a midfielders draft. It's very easy in such drafts to be seduced by that half reasonable tall, who looks a lot better than he is, just because there's no competition and end up reaching for a player whom didn't deserve it.

If it's not Fogarty, we should be looking at a midfielder with our first.

Last edited:
Agreed, it sounds very much like a midfielders draft. It's very easy in such drafts to be seduced by that half reasonable tall, who looks a lot better than he is, just because there's no competition and end up reaching for a player whom didn't deserve it.

If it's not Fogarty, we should be looking at a midfielder with our first.
EFA ;)

Like you I think we'll go with a mid/utility with our 1st pick irrespective of whether Fogarty's available or not, don't think it would be too big a stretch to go with a developing KPD with 39 especially if Harrison Petty, Oscar Claravino or Sam Taylor are still on the board, Oscar Claravino's game style probably the closest to Lever of the three with his intercept marking really being a feature this season..
Isn't Claravino more a shut-down player in the mold of Talia? .....i'd be rapt if Harrison Petty were there at #39, think he's a very good chance of making the AFL grade

As a South Adelaide tragic is Hateley any relation to the great Ron Hateley, the most outside of all players ever??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back