QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

Any confirmation on these teams coming in yet?
I believe they will be included, its just what structure is put in place. Ive spoken to at least 6 clubs and 2 are from down south and the general feeling is its a joke and will most likely see some clubs fold or have the heart ripped out of from closer clubs who have less travel if aflq are not careful. I believe that byron are the big pushers behind this but i could be wrong. There is a meeting this weekend with all clubs involved and already is a potential draw been put to the clubs but after looking at it pine rivers go to NSW only once and if i remember correctly redcliffe go twice and everyone else travel down 3 times including hinterlands who i would feel really sorry for they will struggle for sure

Do AFLQ do any research?

Byron should be playing in Div2 if they join an SEQ comp anyway, they will kill Div 3

I believe they will be included, its just what structure is put in place. Ive spoken to at least 6 clubs and 2 are from down south and the general feeling is its a joke and will most likely see some clubs fold or have the heart ripped out of from closer clubs who have less travel if aflq are not careful. I believe that byron are the big pushers behind this but i could be wrong. There is a meeting this weekend with all clubs involved and already is a potential draw been put to the clubs but after looking at it pine rivers go to NSW only once and if i remember correctly redcliffe go twice and everyone else travel down 3 times including hinterlands who i would feel really sorry for they will struggle for sure

Would it be sensible for the teams furtherest from each other play somewhere central like Carrara etc...?

Do AFLQ do any research?

Byron should be playing in Div2 if they join an SEQ comp anyway, they will kill Div 3
With a comment like this you must be from down that way and Ballina the only team beating them this year would kill div 3 as well. Ive spoken to a number of people down there from a number of clubs and they think all clubs down there will be competitive but there wont be a team that kills div 3 like you suggest unless Byron up the amount of money they reckon they dont spend on players to increase their match payments id say this comp will be fairly even especially the top5 teams

Would it be sensible for the teams furtherest from each other play somewhere central like Carrara etc...?
Sounds like a good idea but if the northen clubs are doing that every 4 weeks and the sothern clubs everh second imagine how much club revenue the teams will be losing, in the modern world every dollar we make is super important and i know our club would lose at least 5-6 thousand dollar which is a lot of money and some clubs cant afford to lose any money

With a comment like this you must be from down that way and Ballina the only team beating them this year would kill div 3 as well. Ive spoken to a number of people down there from a number of clubs and they think all clubs down there will be competitive but there wont be a team that kills div 3 like you suggest unless Byron up the amount of money they reckon they dont spend on players to increase their match payments id say this comp will be fairly even especially the top5 teams

Nope, not from down that way. But I'm familiar with a few blokes who play for Byron and I've seen Div 3 this year and it was very very poor level of footy.

Div 4 and Div 3 basically the same standard, I'd suggest Zillmere wprobably would have battled out with Viccie Point in the GF had the two comps been one

Ok if this happens we may see some clubs request to go to div two.
A decision like this will go down as one of the worst of all time.
Hope all clubs oppose it.

Ok if this happens we may see some clubs request to go to div two.
A decision like this will go down as one of the worst of all time.
Hope all clubs oppose it.
Totally agree and i know this will happen and maybe some clubs may request to play their seniors in div 4 and ressies in div 5

Totally agree and i know this will happen and maybe some clubs may request to play their seniors in div 4 and ressies in div 5
But that's Friday nite footy.
Very hard to get both teams on same ground on the same night.
Otherwise you will need twice as many helpers.
Not to mention the money lost because of night footy.
So the AFLQ is willing to screw everyone for a NSW team.
Great business sense that is.
You would have to think if everyone opposes it and they go ahead anyway they don't listen to the shareholders.
Where's a Kerry Packer when you need one.

But that's Friday nite footy.
Very hard to get both teams on same ground on the same night.
Otherwise you will need twice as many helpers.
Not to mention the money lost because of night footy.
So the AFLQ is willing to screw everyone for a NSW team.
Great business sense that is.
You would have to think if everyone opposes it and they go ahead anyway they don't listen to the shareholders.
Where's a Kerry Packer when you need one.
Only time will tell i suppose like i said ive spoken to about 6 clubs and they all thought it was a joke and if AFLQ think there isnt an issue with the travelling and there shouldnt be maybe they can explain to our players to why its the best option

I saw an article where ex-Western Magpie ruckman Nick Barling talks about Gary Ablett's return to Geelong. Can anyone confirm the article is suppose to be about him signing at Ipswich...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He only had one year with us, and I didn't have a heap to do with him but he seemed very switched on. Been coaching for a long time, and we were happy to have him for another year as a line coach in the seniors. He was one of 3 we lost in the space of 4 days!

He was a Collingwood supporter, so I always rate that as a big thumbs up ;)

He only had one year with us, and I didn't have a heap to do with him but he seemed very switched on. Been coaching for a long time, and we were happy to have him for another year as a line coach in the seniors. He was one of 3 we lost in the space of 4 days!

He was a Collingwood supporter, so I always rate that as a big thumbs up ;)
Good to know Thommo, so wear my Pies jumper for first pre-season sesh you reckon?

So do you know the outcome of the meeting.

No not as yet still trying to work it out to suit all clubs
Well that will be impossible so I'd imagine that the AFLQ will do what they want.
The only one it suits are the NSW clubs.
I can see a lot of clubs unable to field teams on these long trips.
Some lads work on Saturday mornings before footy.
There would have to be a pretty good incentive to win clubs over.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back