Unsolved Missing Person - Lorrin Jane Whitehead

Dan Baker

Club Legend
Jan 12, 2017
Conspiracy Not
AFL Club
West Coast
THE family of missing Bannockburn mother Lorrin Whitehead fear her bizarre disappearance may be linked to the historic Claremont murders in Western Australia.

On the first anniversary of her disappearance, Lorrin’s eldest daughter Amelia revealed the family were following the new lead after revelations her mother attended Iona Catholic College with all three women connected to Australia’s longest-running and most expensive murder investigation.

Amelia also said Cottesloe-raised Lorrin had only reverted back to her maiden name in the months before her disappearance.

She now fears the missing mother of five may have fallen victim to a serial killer.

“We had a message about a lead regarding Iona College in Western Australia, which is a Catholic boarding school. There’s supposedly been a string of missing persons all within the two year levels surrounding mum’s,”
http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au...s/news-story/4660796762fa08830aeaabe1a56d55fc

Last edited:

SmartAlec

Team Captain
Sep 17, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
On the first anniversary of her disappearance, Lorrin’s eldest daughter Amelia revealed the family were following the new lead after revelations her mother attended Iona Catholic College with all three women connected to Australia’s longest-running and most expensive murder investigation.

MSM saying the victims all attended Iona.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iona_Presentation_College,_Perth

Named after: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iona

Iona (Scottish Gaelic: Ì Chaluim Chille) is a small island in the Inner Hebrides off the Ross of Mull on the western coast of Scotland. It was a centre of Gaelic monasticism for four centuries and is today known for its relative tranquility and natural environment. It is a tourist destination and a place for spiritual retreats. Its modern Gaelic name means "Iona of (Saint) Columba" (formerly anglicised "Icolmkill").

Last edited:

Dan Baker

Club Legend
Jan 12, 2017
Conspiracy Not
AFL Club
West Coast
Lorrin Whitehead is a long shot. We would have to know if the accessed visited around Bannockburn, Geelong, Victoria at the time for say, a Phillip Island event or Iron Man SLSA event etc.

Normally Id say it was a hard task, but maybe working for a telco made it easier with a database. A recent name change with a new Telstra landline account in the Telstra database,

If you think Iona is interesting, look up Bannockburn, Scotland. However I think Iona has more relevance because of its location.
You need to look up the history of Iona Presentation College and how it came about. While you are there, look up the prior land owner of Iona Presentation College.

Read the whole history of Iona Isle and its background.

I have claimed the girls went missing the weekend before or on the date the 3 Irish Patron Saints, Both Patrick st and Shamrock way border the accused's Huntingdale Primary school where he lived 5 houses away at the time of the crimes. Coincidently Huntingdale emblem will more than likely be Pantone PMS 347 St Patricks Green. We need to know more about the cord police refer in newspapers.

We have however no evidence of Jane Rimmer attending Iona, but Jane went missing exactly on one the 3 dates..

I dare say police are researching the possibilities the accused be in Geelong at the time.

Knowing Whiteheads background will make things far easier for police.

img[]

Last edited:

SmartAlec

Team Captain
Sep 17, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
THE family of missing Bannockburn mother Lorrin Whitehead fear her bizarre disappearance may be linked to the historic Claremont murders in Western Australia.

Amelia also said Cottesloe-raised Lorrin had only reverted back to her maiden name in the months before her disappearance.

She now fears the missing mother of five may have fallen victim to a serial killer.

“We had a message about a lead regarding Iona College in Western Australia, which is a Catholic boarding school. There’s supposedly been a string of missing persons all within the two year levels surrounding mum’s,”
http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au...s/news-story/4660796762fa08830aeaabe1a56d55fc

Wow! Thanks for the answer regarding Iona.

"On the one year anniversary of her disappearance, Lorrin’s eldest daughter Amelia revealled the family were following the lead after revelations her mother attended Iona Catholic College with all three women connected to Australia’s longest-running and most expensive murder investigation."

“We had a message about a lead regarding Iona College in Western Australia which is a catholic boarding school. There’s supposedly been a string of missing persons all within the two year levels surrounding mums,”

#inmediategoals #kumbaya #boom

Dan Baker

Club Legend
Jan 12, 2017
Conspiracy Not
AFL Club
West Coast
What MSM, the Geelong Advertiser?

Jane Rimmer went to Hollywood High.

Thats probably correct unless she (Jane) went earlier. Someone said she worked in the Iona library (unconfirmed). Her daycare boss went to Iona.

So many victims from Iona unsolved. Ciaras mum was a sewing teacher at Iona, "apparently".

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Have just caught up with this. Interesting link. As Jane didnt go to Iona its a nice theory but certainly one to consider. Certainly the link between changing her name and her disappearance must be strongly considered.

As to the link to the current accused that will be determined at a later date

Dan Baker

Club Legend
Jan 12, 2017
Conspiracy Not
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm told the telco has had records on jobs at least, although on the net one telco worker said he could see the job records being deleted. *unsubstantiated

Why would one visit there? Racing or a dedicated trip if needed? She disappeared not long after changing back to her maiden name.

An empty greetings card was sent to her home address but I'm not buying it.

Running with the possibility, victims were chosen for their name, I concede there will be similarities

Lorrin as a girls' name (also used as boys' name Lorrin) is a Latin name, and the name Lorrin means "the bay, or laurel plant; from Laurentum". Lorrin is an alternate form of Lauren (Latin): feminine of Lawrence.
www.thinkbabynames.com/meaning/0/Lorrin

Whitehead
English and Scottish: nickname for someone with fair or prematurely white hair, from Middle English whit ‘white’ + heved ‘head’. Irish
https://www.ancestry.com.au/name-origin?surname=whitehead

Last edited:
I'm told the telco has had records on jobs at least, although on the net one telco worker said he could see the job records being deleted. *unsubstantiated

Why would one visit there? Racing or a dedicated trip if needed? She disappeared not long after changing back to her maiden name.

A Telstra worker could access all sorts of information. I recall some guy on here saying job records were being deleted, doesn't surprise me at all.

Geelong has always got something going on. Hot Rods, swimming events, the trots, football, night markets and festivals.

Dan Baker

Club Legend
Jan 12, 2017
Conspiracy Not
AFL Club
West Coast
A Telstra worker could access all sorts of information. I recall some guy on here saying job records were being deleted, doesn't surprise me at all.
Geelong has always got something going on. Hot Rods, swimming events, the trots, football, night markets and festivals.

At the time, I think Telstra may have been one the few companies with a large database of personal customer details which with the right permissions, an employee could locate with a simple query. Even private number records.

The media reported that Whitehead had only recently reverted to her 'maiden' name.

Its probably not related but under the circumstances, anyone rushing into discount the feasibility is being flippant

Amelia said Cottesloe-raised Lorrin had only reverted back to her maiden name in the months prior to her disappearance, which has shocked the small community of Bannockburn.

Lorrin Whitehead, Bannockburn resident, 42, went missing on February 8 2013

Last edited:
At the time, I think Telstra may have been one the few companies with a large database of personal customer details which with the right permissions, an employee could locate with a simple query. Even private number records.

The media reported that Whitehead had only recently returned to her 'maiden' name.

Seems like one coincidence too many in victimology but it probably is, sixteen years between Ciara's murder and Lorin's disappearance. Bit creepy though, I'm not sure if Lorin was 43yo or 41yo I'm seeing two different ages. If she was 43yo does that make her born the same year as Ciara? Did they know each other as friends at school? Same class year?

Last edited:

Dan Baker

Club Legend
Jan 12, 2017
Conspiracy Not
AFL Club
West Coast
Seems like one coincidence too many in victimology but it probably is, sixteen years between Ciara's murder and Lorin's disappearance. Bit creepy though, I'm not sure if Lorin was 43yo or 41yo I'm seeing two different ages. If she was 43yo does that make her born the same year as Ciara? Did they know each other?

Ciaras mother was a sewing teacher at Iona. I think Jane Rimmers disappearance may have been a desperate move to kill on that date. Jane Rimmers boss went Iona, but we haven't heard any other attributes of Janes background. (Janes father in finance/markets I think) The Saint Columba date to fulfil a 'trilogy' at the time.

In 2013, this may have been opportunity to target a particular victim, while in travel. Two birds with one stone so to speak. Although reverting to maiden name may have been what exposed Lorrin's residing location.

What other murders are police looking at? How many have been hidden like Lorrin to say remove the heat. The new MO is make it like they committed suicide or ran away? Hence Lorrins empty card sent to her family? You are right, Lorrin was insulin dependant. Medical records? Medicare card.

Claremont. This name is of French locational origin from any of the various places so called from the Olde French 'cler' or 'clair' meaning 'bright' or 'clear', plus 'mont', a hill i.e., a prominent hill standing out from a plain.

There is every chance ancestry will carry common attributes. The names associated with this crime has uncommon closer attributes related to its theme.

Whitehead, Ross
From a Scottish and English surname which originally indicated a person from a place called Ross (such as the region of Ross in northern Scotland), derived from Gaelic ros meaning "promontory, headland"

Janes abduction date was crucial to the thematic story in the crime. He could not go home without a kill on St Columba date no matter who would be on the list.

Iona College
The College is named after the Scottish Isle of Iona, on which the Irish Saint Columba founded a community in 563AD. Iona became a centre of learning from which Saint Columba and his monks spread the Gospel into Scotland and the north of England. Bishop Gibney remarked that the school's location in Mosman Park, situated on a rise, with the Swan River on one side and the ocean on the other, reminded him of the Isle of Iona. Furthermore, one of the four founding sisters was Sister Columba and so it was decided that an appropriate name for the College would be Iona.[2] Iona recently celebrated its centenary in 2007, marking 100 years since the foundation of the college.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iona_Presentation_College,_Perth

Last edited:
I think Jane Rimmers disappearance may have been a desperate move to kill on that date. Jane Rimmers boss went Iona, but we haven't heard any other attributes of Janes background.

I think Jane might have been waiting for him the night she disappeared, a loosely pre-arranged meet. A host of reasons why she might not have told her friends what she was doing, one of them being that he was married. Something went wrong, an argument that became violent perhaps and he killed her.

Hence Lorrins empty card sent to her family?

Do you have a link for this please Dan?

Dan Baker

Club Legend
Jan 12, 2017
Conspiracy Not
AFL Club
West Coast
I think Jane might have been waiting for him the night she disappeared, a loosely pre-arranged meet. A host of reasons why she might not have told her friends what she was doing, one of them being that he was married. Something went wrong, an argument that became violent perhaps and he killed her.
Do you have a link for this please Dan?

I was of the understanding separated and in the throws of divorce? Probably bitter divorce? Secrecy was a ruse for murder.

I have no link for the empty card in the article. I have been looking for the reference. It is not uncommon for media to delete articles these days.

*Yep, article ommitted http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/article/2013/07/29/370174_news.html

Last edited:

Dan Baker

Club Legend
Jan 12, 2017
Conspiracy Not
AFL Club
West Coast
We have a multitude of women missing from Iona.

But to have one go missing in another state 5000km away... That is just uncanny. Haven't heard if Paton went Iona, but her friends did.

What date was the 90 year anniversary of Iona college? Had he squared away his trilogy for the anniversary?

celebrated its centenary in 2007, marking 100 years since the foundation of the college.

Last edited:
I was of the understanding separated and in the throws of divorce? Probably bitter divorce? Secrecy was a ruse for murder.

Yes, they were separated but still married. That matters. But it could have been very early days too, "might see you there and take you home" kind of thing.

Back