EDFL Division 1 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha well it suits me more than you that's for sure, stand by the fact that he is being paid unders and certainly not the highest paid player in the comp as you decided to spruik.

Got me back up, yeah because ive been intricately involved and can speak facts whereas all you can speak is nonsense that people talk in footy circles and then attempt to make it sound like you actually know when in fact you're that far removed you wouldn't know if you're Arthur or Martha.

i think its a great forum but people need to quantify that they really don't know what they're talking about and only going off complete scuttlebutt
I’ll tell you a fact. You might be saying his playing for unders but he is going around saying other wise so maybe you should ask him why his telling clubs that EK are playing him 1500. That’s fact because I’ve spoken to football managers that have talked to him. So either your talking rubbish or he is trying to get a bigger match from another club which will happen from time to time.

I’ll tell you a fact. You might be saying his playing for unders but he is going around saying other wise so maybe you should ask him why his telling clubs that EK are playing him 1500. That’s fact because I’ve spoken to football managers that have talked to him. So either your talking rubbish or he is trying to get a bigger match from another club which will happen from time to time.

Perhaps, who knows but maybe your other football manager is talking rubbish???

What i can assure you is that he is not getting paid anywhere near that amount at EK, end of fascination.

His on really good coin Dippa. Could well be the highest paid player in this comp.
Gleeson would be on decent coin as well. I’m lead to believe Knight has gone there as his good mates with Arrow, so excellent pick up. Don’t think his played much footy over the last couple of seasons but if his 80% fit and plays every game he will go close to winning the comp medal. Will be to good for div1 if his firing but my mail suggest he just wants to enjoy his footy and is playing for unders.. Great pick up by EK. The appointment of Arrow as coach is starting to pay dividends. Not sure they are ready to win it and go up but it’s been a good recovery after playing div2 only a few years ago..
No way he plays for unders

What is the bet that Jacana go straight back down to Div 2.
Any side coming up is the obvious favourite in going straight back.
I reckon that Jacana might be different if they are spending the same as last year.
With Cloke gone that leaves a lot of money to spend and signing Josh Young is great start. If they can get local guys like Mitch Day back then they will be a chance to stay up, I wouldn't write them off just yet.
If they are competitive it will make for an unbelievable season as then there will be no obvious weak team.

Any side coming up is the obvious favourite in going straight back.
I reckon that Jacana might be different if they are spending the same as last year.
With Cloke gone that leaves a lot of money to spend and signing Josh Young is great start. If they can get local guys like Mitch Day back then they will be a chance to stay up, I wouldn't write them off just yet.
If they are competitive it will make for an unbelievable season as then there will be no obvious weak team.
Mitch Day wont be at Jags next year. The problem for the Jags is that last year EK finished 2nd last with 6 wins and APW snuck into the top 4 with 8 wins. So not only will they need to be well armed to compete they will need to win a significant amount of games just to stay up. This is why this div is one of the best in metro footy

On SM-G935F using BigFooty.com mobile app

At this stage what's everyone's ladder predictions? Ek and hillside just about flag favourites for me

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
HS no chance of winning it. Have they even recruited anyone? They need another midfielder or 2 and they need to be quality and also there defense is questionable. Certainly have some firepower up front but you need to defend. EK imo are hotter favs than the Roys were last year Arrow has gone bang with his recruiting. Not sure how to place CB. They have plenty of cash so perhaps they will be more competitive than we all think. Does anyone in this div really want to go up? Not sure I would want too

EK
1000 miles
APW
OP
HS
TM
WM
CB
Jags

HS no chance of winning it. Have they even recruited anyone? They need another midfielder or 2 and they need to be quality and also there defense is questionable. Certainly have some firepower up front but you need to defend. EK imo are hotter favs than the Roys were last year Arrow has gone bang with his recruiting. Not sure how to place CB. They have plenty of cash so perhaps they will be more competitive than we all think. Does anyone in this div really want to go up? Not sure I would want too

EK
1000 miles
APW
OP
HS
TM
WM
CB
Jags

you play footy to play at the highest level you can don't you ? if your the best team in a division you go up, that's the whole point in relegation and promotion, otherwise what's the point in recruiting ? just to consolidate? you wanna be there best you can be

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

EK
1000 miles
APW
OP
HS
TM
WM
CB
Jags

I think APWwould like to go back up, but I think not for a year or two. If they can keep their current coaching staff and get in some younger hungry players and build them up for two years they have the best chance to go up and stay up.

I think APWwould like to go back up, but I think not for a year or two. If they can keep their current coaching staff and get in some younger hungry players and build them up for two years they have the best chance to go up and stay up.
They have already lost 2 from the coaching staff. They going to Moonee Valley

Who would they be. I believe Geoff Maddern is still going to be the head coach and his off-sider will be Shannon. They took the team from missing finals to making the grand final.

EK
1000 miles
APW
OP
HS
TM
WM
CB
Jags

Thanks for the kind words we still have a very young list we are extremely pleased just making the 4 - as we have a 3 year plan in place.

Who would they be. I believe Geoff Maddern is still going to be the head coach and his off-sider will be Shannon. They took the team from missing finals to making the grand final.
Shanon Carroll is new senior coach at Moonee Valley with Corey McGrath his assistant. Big loss for APW both on and off the field

EK
1000 miles
APW
OP
HS
TM
WM
CB
Jags

Not fan of DC or think their ins wont stack up against the recruiting from other teams in the division?

Not fan of DC or think their ins wont stack up against the recruiting from other teams in the division?
It think Tulla need to run with a youth campaign as part of their recruiting strategy so Prestia is a good pick up. Sims is a big loss but if they get Doyle super fit along with a few others then they will be competitive for sure. On reflection Tulla could comfortably replace say OP as they have been very quiet to date and OP did taper off towards the end of 2017. Do I rate DC rippin fella a true footy person. As a coach refer to his record in the EDFL. Check out EK recruits they have been very aggressive and recruited players who will be very good in this division. APW have and will continue to attract recruits. Really even comp going to be a tough year in the battle for a spot in the 4 just the way it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back