List Mgmt. 2017 Draft Needs...

Remove this Banner Ad

Has Crows finished their delistings as not sure players like Deer , Hunter, CEY , Beech ,Cheney have contracts as apart from maybe Cheney and even Deer might be only ones that really offer anything for future.
Think another ruckman with late or rookie pick would be worthwhile as don't rate Obrien as ideal 1st choice if Sauce out or when retires.

Bicks.... or anyone else that would like to answer...

Is there anyone within the possible grasp of pick 12 that could be an instant addition, or very close to it, into the starting 22 next season?... like Sam PP did for Port this season after being drafted in 2016..

Watched some footage of Hunter Clark and he looks a likely lad.. seems to have the ability to break away from packs, has great skills collecting the ball on the run and plays “calm and collective” football even in heavy traffic... but is he still a season or so away from the big league in your opinion?... looks like he’s got just enough meat on his bones but could do with a little bit more.

Same with Fogarty or this Bonar fellow.... I know Fogarty has been playing a few games in the SANFL for Glenelg... can’t find any decent footage of Bonar but a few here including Bicks are pretty wrapped with his football ability. Are they close to AFL level?.. we would dearly love an instant starter like SPP right about now as yet another option/X-factor while the window is open.

Reason I ask is in the Tiser the other day they had an article about Tyson Edwards son and they were comparing him with Simon Black and saying he could, if the crows pick him up as a F/S, be almost ready to play for the senior side in round one next season.. Just looking at him in the photos you would think that’s a stretch... he looks about 16 years old!... surely a Jordan Gallucci, Myles Poholke gets a decent run before any new mids or mid/small forwards....

Hmm not looking latest power rankings or phantoms.

Most have Fogarty gone before our pick :(

You never know.. the “go home factor” coupled with the knee reco could easily see him slide down around 12...

does anyone know how much interest their is surrounding him at Adelaide?... is it being discussed?... they would’ve definately interviewed him right?... I don’t live in Adelaide anymore, I live in Queensland, so I’m in the dark on any of the gossip, rumours or discussion in the news outside of what’s in the Tiser... and what’s in the Tiser generally consists of Rucci and his fellow port power tossers and how much negative crap they can stir up about Adelaide whilst turning a blind eye to the powers terrible season where they couldn’t beat a side in the top 8.. even old Chris McDermott doesn’t have many kind things to say about the crows..

Have they conducted the draftee player interviews with AFL clubs yet?

Just wondering if the national player combine has been done yet? They have held the state player combine but I have not heard anything about a national combine yet.

That's when a few players will slide and a few player will increase their value. Still fingers crossed Fogerty will drop to 12 and we actually draft him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have they conducted the draftee player interviews with AFL clubs yet?

Just wondering if the national player combine has been done yet? They have held the state player combine but I have not heard anything about a national combine yet.

That's when a few players will slide and a few player will increase their value. Still fingers crossed Fogerty will drop to 12 and we actually draft him.

The reason you haven't heard is because the media cottoned on that the combine means very little when it comes to draft picks. Thus they don't bother reporting it much.

For the most part clubs already have testing data on these kids and how they play and translate their athletic gifts to football is far more important.

I could see Hunter Clarke getting games as a running/attacking back a role he played mainly last season as an under ager before transitioning into the midfielder role this season, can't see why he wouldn't be considered at some stage for an outside mid in his initial season, certainly would add more run and defensive pressure than Atkins.

Most of the mids/utilities in the first round would be capable of some AFL in their first season but the tanks of guys like Bonar and Fogarty would probably mean they'd be playing forward in their 1st season. Probably the most ready to go midfielder in this draft is James Worpel tank and body wise and he likely goes in the 2nd round due to what some consider inconsistent foot skills. Luke Davies-Unakie body wise is ready too. Don't think there would be many that go in the 1st round wouldn't be absolutely knocking the door down after their 2nd pre-season. Edwards I can't see getting games in his 1st season, still a work in progress with his contested game. Small Forwards Jack Higgins, Dylan Moore and Gryan Miers all have great endurance and should play in season one depending on the clubs they get drafted by.

Bicks... Cheers for the response..

I’d love to see them get the SA lad Fogarty (I’m an old Bays tragic!, grew up around the Glenelg area) but can’t see it happening.

But like I said from what I’ve seen of HC he looks a good prospect... very confident and good on both legs and it’s interesting you say he’d be good as a running/attacking back... we’ve got an opening there next season!... Seedsman, as much as I love it when he’s on and especially when he’s kicking them from 65 out, is just so inconsistent. Great one week but completely missing the next which is something we can’t afford. Geez we’re gonna miss Smith.

No chance of Warpel sliding out to our second pick at 39?... on Fox footy the other night they had him being picked up by Hawthorn all the way down at pick 43...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-25/tomorrows-heroes-speedy-risktaker-with-an-eye-for-goal

Jaidyn Stephenson

3dv88h.png

Interesting his comment he's not that worried if he has to move interstate move who the other players he gets drafted with to a club. Given we have 12, then likely Edwards and are we using the next two for Hugh and Alex... could be a daunting transition if we pick an interstate player who isn't picked up with anyone else who is new.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Interesting his comment he's not that worried if he has to move interstate move who the other players he gets drafted with to a club. Given we have 12, then likely Edwards and are we using the next two for Hugh and Alex... could be a daunting transition if we pick an interstate player who isn't picked up with anyone else who is new.

We can use 39 as most don't see Edwards going anywhere near that high. We have the list space.

It will be interesting to see how far Worpel slides from where he was touted to go last year. Doubt it'll be Shaz like, but still could surprise us all at our pick by all means.

It will be interesting to see how far Worpel slides from where he was touted to go last year. Doubt it'll be Shaz like, but still could surprise us all at our pick by all means.

Feel for Shaz, he was basically pumped up by his rep sides coaches etc and would have thought he was in for a couple of years. Now he's gotta get a real job.

I'm clutching at straws here but I'm really hoping Reid and sos agreed on who they were picking wth picks 10 and 12 as it factored in us giving carlton 10

After bicks mentioned him earlier I went and looked him up and checked him out;

Geez, he’s an absolute contested ball animal.. but a bit like Dangerfield was in the early days though when he used to grab it from the bottom of the pack and wildly handball it out hoping to get it near a team mate... not scared to go in and get it and I can’t see why his goal and field kicking is being questioned..

He’s a strong looking little bugger too.. definately better formed than most of the lads he’s against in the above footage.

How has this bloke slipped into the second maybe third rounds?... like I said above, fox footy the other night had him being taken at 43 by Hawthorn!!... surely not. Crows should get him with 39 if that’s the case.

After bicks mentioned him earlier I went and looked him up and checked him out;

Geez, he’s an absolute contested ball animal.. but a bit like Dangerfield was in the early days though when he used to grab it from the bottom of the pack and wildly handball it out hoping to get it near a team mate... not scared to go in and get it and I can’t see why his goal and field kicking is being questioned..

He’s a strong looking little bugger too.. definately better formed than most of the lads he’s against in the above footage.

How has this bloke slipped into the second maybe third rounds?... like I said above, fox footy the other night had him being taken at 43 by Hawthorn!!... surely not. Crows should get him with 39 if that’s the case.

Looks OK.. Nothing that really stands out.. But good attack on the footy. Reminds me of Matt Crouch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back