Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interesting bits for me:
  • Eagles narrowly missing being voted Captain for the GF
  • Fagan suggesting getting the parents in the rooms for the song
Disappointing bit:
  • no mention of the Academy boys and their part in the season and/or GF

Just watched the Neafl Granny last night after being away. Lucky they held on in the end, but a bloody good job in the end. Matty Eagles was unlucky not to win best on ground.
Not sure Either of Oscar or Archie are up to the riggors of Afl on a full time basis yet, but both show a bit.
I think Connor Ballenden shows plenty, dropped a couple of marks that he really should have taken, 1 which cost him a certain goal. Showed some really good aggression at Times, something we didnt see too much of from Schache this year. But overall he will definitely add to our team moving forward. I feel quite sure the club will match any bid that comes for him, cant see it being in the top 10 though. Between 10 and 20 and the club will not hesitate.

Just watched the Neafl Granny last night after being away. Lucky they held on in the end, but a bloody good job in the end. Matty Eagles was unlucky not to win best on ground.
Not sure Either of Oscar or Archie are up to the riggors of Afl on a full time basis yet, but both show a bit.
I think Connor Ballenden shows plenty, dropped a couple of marks that he really should have taken, 1 which cost him a certain goal. Showed some really good aggression at Times, something we didnt see too much of from Schache this year. But overall he will definitely add to our team moving forward. I feel quite sure the club will match any bid that comes for him, cant see it being in the top 10 though. Between 10 and 20 and the club will not hesitate.

I wonder if we keep Schache whether that'll allow us to be more patient with Ballenden. Maybe barely play him in his first couple of seasons.

I wonder if we keep Schache whether that'll allow us to be more patient with Ballenden. Maybe barely play him in his first couple of seasons.
I agree completely, if Schache decides to go at the end of next year or at the end of his contract then I think ballas will be ready to go and be chomping at the bit.

Hope that is how it works out - would be good for Ballenden to have a season in the 2's really focussing on development (assuming of course his form doesn't make it impossible to not pick him)

Hope that is how it works out - would be good for Ballenden to have a season in the 2's really focussing on development (assuming of course his form doesn't make it impossible to not pick him)

Yeah would be good, but honestly we can do that even without Schache. One thing I like about Ballenden is he already has an AFL ready body. His biggest challenges will be outsmarting his direct opponent and getting a 4 qtr tank imo .

Fitness will be his biggest thing i think. He is nearly playing weight already for his size. Will need to add strength to his frame and fitness to run out games. No reason he couldnt play next year, although he wouldnt be needed.

There is a bit of talk on the NEAFL board that large groups of players in the NEAFL playing for non AFL affiliated sides are sick of getting bashed up by AFL listed sides and the travel. Apparently quite a few of the players are bailing out and dropping back a division into the QAFL.

Yep - know this is happening. Getting up for work on Monday is tough when you have travelled and played.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder how many of our successful team will be traded tomorrow? I am thinking if we get Ballenden , Payne and Eagles stays and Josh decides to hang around.....Close n Hammelman will disappear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back