St Kilda v Brisbane Lions, Etihad Stadium, 3.35pm

Port Adelaide v Fremantle, Adelaide Oval, 4.35pm

Gold Coast v North Melbourne, Cazaly’s Stadium, Cairns, 7.25pm

Hawthorn v Collingwood, MCG, 7.25pm

Sunday, March 25

Greater Western Sydney v Western Bulldogs, Canberra, 1.10pm

Melbourne v Geelong, MCG, 3.20pm

West Coast v Sydney, Perth Stadium, 7.10pm

Post your thoughts on both this and the full fixture announcement (Next Tuesday I think) in here.

Personally I can't bloody wait to play the Cats, should be a cracker.

Gold Coast at the Gabba Rd 3 According to Peter Ryan.
Think you misread slightly. GC at the Gabba in Round 8. We have Brisbane at the Gabba in Round 2 supposedly.

Think you misread slightly. GC at the Gabba in Round 8. We have Brisbane at the Gabba in Round 2 supposedly.
So after 1 game in QLD the last 4 seasons, and 2 next year ... this is me right now ...
giphy.gif

It's also important to note that when you generally play 4-5 interstate away games a season, it's a great result that we're playing 2 of them against the QLD teams. Much better than Adelaide, West Coast and GWS (... and North) this year.

As for Round 1, the AFL are obviously banking on the Round 1 factor to bring the crowds, otherwise that is a remarkably underwhelming round of football.

Still looking forward to ruining Gary's triumphant return tho, assuming he'll actually be fit to play the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good test but might be a 0-1 start to the season.

If Ablett is the player he was at his best this season along with Danger and Selwood it'll be hard to get out hands on the ball in the middle.

It's also important to note that when you generally play 4-5 interstate away games a season, it's a great result that we're playing 2 of them against the QLD teams. Much better than Adelaide, West Coast and GWS (... and North) this year.

As for Round 1, the AFL are obviously banking on the Round 1 factor to bring the crowds, otherwise that is a remarkably underwhelming round of football.

Still looking forward to ruining Gary's triumphant return tho, assuming he'll actually be fit to play the game.

Thing is it could be the greatest start ever as well. Who would have thought Richmond would be premiers while Sydney and Hawthorn lost their first 11 games.

The last time Ablett played against us at the G for the Cats.

I'm not generally someone who leaves games early but I seriously considered packing it in after that. How bloody hard is it to think there should be someone on Ablett at the centre bounce? Of course someone was on him the next time but the game was already over by then.

The last time Ablett played against us at the G for the Cats.

I'm not generally someone who leaves games early but I seriously considered packing it in after that. How bloody hard is it to think there should be someone on Ablett at the centre bounce? Of course someone was on him the next time but the game was already over by then.

Don’t worry. The last time Ablett played against us at the G but not for the cats, Viney nearly killed him. He’ll be terrified

If Ablett is the player he was at his best this season along with Danger and Selwood it'll be hard to get out hands on the ball in the middle.
Can't remember who said it on sen maybe wallace. The thing is both ablett and Dangerfield play mid/forward, you would have your hands full if you're on ablett for 5 minutes then when abletts off you then cop Dangerfield. Though I don't know if you would have the same defender on both.

This is where I think the addition of Jake Lever is crucial. Some days you get beaten out of the middle, but if your defence holds up you can intercept it and fire it back the other way and stay in the game. Eagles do this well, as do Geelong and Crows.

Having Lever is really important to stopping other teams getting run-ons like the Giants did against us late in the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back