Roast Motlop Meltdown. Was this an all time best?

Remove this Banner Ad

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Now that a week has passed since the end of trade week, and we have all had some time to cool down a bit I thought it would be a good time to look back and laugh at what would have the be one of the all time unnecessary meltdowns in Adelaide's BF history.

I refer to none other then the day Steven 'Captain Inconsistent' Motlop chose Port Adelaide.... I'm not sure i've ever seen a meltdown like it! I'll give it to the people who broke that day, the first week of Trade period is long and full of terrors. Its just so ridiculous that it was about Steven Bloody Motlop! And now seeing the horrible deal Port signed him too... Well it makes it all the more hilarious in my eyes!

My question for the board; Was this the all time unnecessary meltdown? Gibbs last year was massive, Danger has to be in the equation as well, but at least they were quality players. But in terms of extreme reaction for low quality player, this would have to take the cake for me!

Sidenote: Bonus points to all who admit they dove off the deep end in the heat of passion. We've all done it so there's no shame there. In fact I think i'll respect you more if you can retrospectively take the piss out of yourself on this one!!

The only meltdown I had was when I heard that the Crows were even talking to him. It was a massive relief when he went to Port.
Yeah, I'll admit I went off the deep end when I hear the money that was 'apparently' being offered for him too.

Now that a week has passed since the end of trade week, and we have all had some time to cool down a bit I thought it would be a good time to look back and laugh at what would have the be one of the all time unnecessary meltdowns in Adelaide's BF history.

I refer to none other then the day Steven 'Captain Inconsistent' Motlop chose Port Adelaide.... I'm not sure i've ever seen a meltdown like it! I'll give it to the people who broke that day, the first week of Trade period is long and full of terrors. Its just so ridiculous that it was about Steven Bloody Motlop! And now seeing the horrible deal Port signed him too... Well it makes it all the more hilarious in my eyes!

My question for the board; Was this the all time unnecessary meltdown? Gibbs last year was massive, Danger has to be in the equation as well, but at least they were quality players. But in terms of extreme reaction for low quality player, this would have to take the cake for me!

Sidenote: Bonus points to all who admit they dove off the deep end in the heat of passion. We've all done it so there's no shame there. In fact I think i'll respect you more if you can retrospectively take the piss out of yourself on this one!!
This really is a poxy thread and a year too early to LOL.

You might want to wait until we see him play in 2018 and whether our side would have benefited with him in our team before patting yourself on the back for staying cool.

The club felt they needed him hence our chasing him.

I have a feeling I might be bumping this thread next year.

You might want to wait until we see him play in 2018 and whether our side would have benefited with him in our team before patting yourself on the back for staying cool.

Yeah we're a bit short on inconsistent outside runners lol

Well guess whose not getting any bonus points Elite Crow????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lmao, you must be new here.

Motlop is one of those players that if you look at his highlights you might nod, but if you watch him week in week out you just end up screaming at him through the TV.

Every team has them, but in Motlop / Watts ... the Power has added a couple at the top-end of the frustration scale.

Rockliff is a very different scenario, although he comes with baggage too. Tom can play. He is seriously good in the contest both around the ball and up forward. The question on TR is if he can maintain the rage for long in enough in games / in season ... and if his body will hold up.

Now that a week has passed since the end of trade week, and we have all had some time to cool down a bit I thought it would be a good time to look back and laugh at what would have the be one of the all time unnecessary meltdowns in Adelaide's BF history. My question for the board; Was this the all time unnecessary meltdown? Gibbs last year was massive, Danger has to be in the equation as well, but at least they were quality players. But in terms of extreme reaction for low quality player, this would have to take the cake for me!

I was sitting on the fence re the Motlop trade. He is exactly the type of player we need, plenty of pace, good vision, kicks goals and sets up goals. The problem is that there are two Steven Motlops. The one we saw in the Preliminary Final would have been a fantastic acquisition but the one that was playing in the VFL in August was a spud. Naturally the Pear fans believe that they have Prelim Motlop and if they do they will be a big top four chance. If they end up with Big Mac Motlop it will be very amusing.

That's fine mate, but you have to provide a more unnecessary meltdown if you are going to disagree.

I didn't care either way and didn't post on Motlop at all, but I'm interested as to how you can determine the meltdown to be unnecessary at this very early juncture. There's a couple of loonies on this board that love posting about meltdowns. It's as if they think they're superior because they don't have any strong contradictory views. You know the type, agree with everything the club does and think that makes them intelligent instead of the dullards they actually are. Not saying you're one of them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back