Unofficial Preview 2018 AFL Round 1 - Melbourne vs Geelong, Sunday March 25th, MCG

Status
Not open for further replies.

BotsMaster

2022 Sep Premiers
Jan 26, 2009
Cheat Park
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Everton, Cardinals
2018 AFL Round 1

Melbourne80s.png
vs
bgpkt2.png

Date: Sunday 3:20pm

Last time:

GEELONG 5.2 9.2 14.2 20.6 (126)
MELBOURNE 2.4 7.11 12.17 13.19 (97)

Match Report: http://m.afl.com.au/news/2017-04-08/match-report-accurate-cats-punish-wasteful-dees

Last edited:

Daniel McL

Brownlow Medallist
May 21, 2014
ACT
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Sydney Sixers
It's refreshing to see we won't be playing Hawthorn in round 1. That rivalry is long past it's used by date. (Long past is a stretch but I'm just personally over it)

It's just whenever the Easter Weekend is. So don't celebrate too much because we'll be playing the Hawks in Round 2,3, or 4 aha.

JohnZ

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
It's refreshing to see we won't be playing Hawthorn in round 1. That rivalry is long past it's used by date. (Long past is a stretch but I'm just personally over it)
As said above, we'll play them the week after (Hence the Sunday game) on Easter Monday at the G. It's our home game this year.

edit: Also, why last year did we play the Dees at Etihad when it was our home game? Can't wait to smash them on our home deck.

Hot Tin Roof

Club Legend
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong Cats
Will be great to see "The Flying Door Knob" rockin' the hoops once again.

Hoping for a pre-season emphasis on skill drills and prolonged pressure - and FFS Scotty, open up the risk taking attack in our game... the chess board tactics too often stifle us. Slow starts and post-bye blues need to go. No more excuses!

Quarter Time:
Melbourne 4-6-30
Geelong 1-3-9

...."Sigh!"

Nov 7, 2010
308 Negra Arroyo Lane Albuquerque New Mexico
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
WADA
As said above, we'll play them the week after (Hence the Sunday game) on Easter Monday at the G. It's our home game this year.

edit: Also, why last year did we play the Dees at Etihad when it was our home game? Can't wait to smash them on our home deck.
O/K so we start with 2 games at the G,I'd see that as doubtful, maybe they will send the Dork minnows down the HWY also doubtful or we play someone else at home rd2 then off to the Gold Coast rd3.

JohnZ

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
O/K so we start with 2 games at the G,I'd see that as doubtful, maybe they will send the Dork minnows down the HWY also doubtful or we play someone else at home rd2 then off to the Gold Coast rd3.
Well lock in 2 games at the G to start the season, because that's what is happening.

Did we? If so that's ridiculous , I thought we were done with Etihad.

Apr 8, 2012
Canberra
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Boston Bruins, Toronto Blue Jays
Two games at the G to start the season is great, we need practice on that ground.

Another positive is that the Dees were terrible on the G last year so it gives us a chance to flog them if the focus and determination is there from the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back