Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 2, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
JLT Series

AFL X
AFL W
  • The 2018 NAB AFL Women’s Competition will kick off with Carlton v Collingwood on Friday night, February 2 here at Ikon Park.
  • Full AFLW Fixture here.

AFL Season
  • Round 1:

Thursday, March 22

Richmond v Carlton at MCG (7.25pm)

• Friday, March 23

Essendon v Adelaide at Etihad Stadium (7.50pm)

Saturday, March 24

St Kilda v Brisbane Lions at Etihad Stadium (3.35pm)

Port Adelaide v Fremantle at Adelaide Oval (4.35pm)

Gold Coast Suns v North Melbourne at Cazaly’s Stadium, Cairns (7.25pm)

Hawthorn v Collingwood at MCG (7.25pm)

Sunday, March 25

GWS Giants v Western Bulldogs at Manuka Oval, Canberra (1.10pm)

Melbourne v Geelong at MCG (3.20pm)

West Coast Eagles v Sydney Swans at Perth Stadium (7.10pm)
From the Age
  • A Thursday night rematch of the 2017 grand final will launch the AFL's Easter holiday round with reigning premier Richmond being sent to Adelaide for the Tigers' first away game of 2018.
  • St Kilda will play Good Friday football for the first time, replacing the Western Bulldogs as North Melbourne's opponent. The Kangaroos will host the twilight clash at Etihad Stadium on Good Friday, rewarded for the resources they dedicated to this year's historic game
  • Geelong will host Carlton for the first time in 21 years when the two teams clash at soon-to-be-renamed GMHBA Stadium in 2018.
  • The Crows, who open their season on Friday, March 23, against Essendon at Etihad Stadium, requested an opponent with a large supporter base for their first Adelaide Oval clash after opening last season with a home game against Greater Western Sydney.
  • Richmond will also play on Anzac Eve at the MCG against Melbourne.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fremantle’s first home game at Perth Stadium in 2018 will be a round two blockbuster clash with Essendon on a Saturday night in the first ever AFL game under lights at the new venue.

The night-time home game in round two against the Bombers will also be the first nationally broadcast AFL game on free to air TV from Perth Stadium.

http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2017-10-26/first-home-game-under-lights-against-bombers
So does that mean it will start 7pm local time? Because technically the WCE game is "night time" as well.

22730231_1542075639213783_4798054336967453331_n.jpg

a fixture leak

Surely a hoax.
No way we only play 1 top 6 side twice
It could be correct.
In addition to playing Richmond twice which is a horror result for you guys, you also play Port twice who are ostensibly a top 6 team. They finished 5th before finals and are touted to finish top 2 next year.

22730231_1542075639213783_4798054336967453331_n.jpg

a fixture leak
So two games at the new Perth stadium for my mob, I’m guessing the game against Freo will be in the last round given the AFL tries to minimise travel.

I’m not impressed that we again have to play WC at AO. I haven’t missed a Power home game since 2009 but I’ll be giving that game a miss, such a frustrating fixture that does NOT deserve ‘traditional’ status

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So two games at the new Perth stadium for my mob, I’m guessing the game against Freo will be in the last round given the AFL tries to minimise travel.

I’m not impressed that we again have to play WC at AO. I haven’t missed a Power home game since 2009 but I’ll be giving that game a miss, such a frustrating fixture that does NOT deserve ‘traditional’ status
Why do you not want to see this? Interested. Not having a go at you.

Is it because they have the wood over you at AO?

I'm stoked we get an extra home* game for the year :)

* in before you pump us by 15 goals

The Age:

"And Geelong will host Carlton for the first time in 21 years when the two teams clash at soon-to-be-renamed GMHBA Stadium in 2018."

About bloody time. 21 ******* years is a farce.

Fremantle’s first home game at Perth Stadium in 2018 will be a round two blockbuster clash with Essendon on a Saturday night in the first ever AFL game under lights at the new venue.

The night-time home game in round two against the Bombers will also be the first nationally broadcast AFL game on free to air TV from Perth Stadium.

http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2017-10-26/first-home-game-under-lights-against-bombers
* :(

I’m home for one week and that’s it. Was hoping we’d be the Round 2 visitor. :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back