2017 Trade and FA thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Did a search under Witherdens name on twitter - nothing about what Briztoon said. Rumor mongering isn't cool.
Try search “Witho” or “greatest thing that’s ever happened to us”. That should do the trick.

FWIW, Rubix is spot on. He’s not far away from re-signing (horse's mouth)

Last edited:

Rumours....Pffft.......Don't get involved with it and not really interested....As I've said before, while they don the Lions Guernsey, they get my unconditional support and man love....When they choose not to...I'll admire them from afar ...That's what we supporters do...Cheers

There were comments mentioned on the Lions official twitter account last night in article about the new signings.

The rumour was already being discussed elsewhere before I posted it by other Lions members who are also members of BigFooty.

There were comments mentioned on the Lions official twitter account last night in article about the new signings.

The rumour was already being discussed elsewhere before I posted it by other Lions members who are also members of BigFooty.
If you saw the same comments I did, it was literally just 2 lions fans with a couple of off the cuff comments about what they had supposedly heard. One of them I talk to regularly and he has Donald Trump level accuracy when it comes to rumours......

I know we like to jump at shadows but even that is pushing it!

Confidence breed success. Jumping at rumors and getting nervous is the opposite of confidence therefore the opposite of success.

Witho is staying - every day here is another day of building relationships and striving for team success. We are gaining momentum.

This did not come from twitter. Link with date and time this was posted on twitter or Mods do your permaban thing.
So you’re saying to ban me because I read something on twitter and mentioned that here.

I’d be guttered if Witho left. I pretty much started the Witherden bandwagon at the beginning of last year in the draft thread.

There were lots of rumours about Schache that turned out to be 100% true, that people copped hell for on here.

If we lost another high profile kid I personally hope the club lobies the AFL for longer rookie contracts and greater compensation.

What utter bullshit. Brad, Alex's father, has been nothing short of supportive towards his future at the Lions. Stop making up bullshit statements from fake twitter accounts.

Totally agree , was at a lions reserves game earlier and his dad was a great bloke and said nothing of the sort.

I was asking him for advice as my son is eligible for the draft in two years. Only scary thing was Alex was living with Schache at the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let’s not start a self fulfilling prophecy. Close this thread, we don’t need to be rumour mongering.

Let’s not start a self fulfilling prophecy. Close this thread, we don’t need to be rumour mongering.

Dunno about that. One unsubstantiated? rumour shot down by at least three verified rebuttals. I have read the whispers, but I am a lot more settled now.

So you’re saying to ban me because I read something on twitter and mentioned that here.

I’d be guttered if Witho left. I pretty much started the Witherden bandwagon at the beginning of last year in the draft thread.

There were lots of rumours about Schache that turned out to be 100% true, that people copped hell for on here.

If we lost another high profile kid I personally hope the club lobies the AFL for longer rookie contracts and greater compensation.
No mate. You have been called to provide the link of the said Twitter post. Where did you read this? A search of Twitter could not verify your statement. So once again post the link or just backtrack in your own sludge you fabricated.

No mate. You have been called to provide the link of the said Twitter post. Where did you read this? A search of Twitter could not verify your statement. So once again post the link or just backtrack in your own sludge your fabricated.
If you read the comments I’m not the only person who read this on twitter.

Though sounds like I read a different discussion.

Seeing as I’m a big fan of Witherden and want him to stay, it’s not the type of rumour I would start.

If you read the comments I’m not the only person who read this on twitter.

Though sounds like I read a different discussion.

Seeing as I’m a big fan of Witherden and want him to stay, it’s not the type of rumour I would start.
The link mate, provide the link?

Mate, I’m at work and can’t be arsed trawling through 500 twitter comments from yesterday. Like I mentioned earlier, it was on the Lions twitter account, in the post about the player re-signings.

Well here is the said link to the twitter post you have allegedly read. Show me where it mentions anything about what your stating or as mentioned earlier start back tracking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take 2.

Hopefully doesn’t get deleted this time.

There are rumours from twitter that Witherden’s father is trying to talk Alex in to returning to Geelong/Victoria.

Apparently this might be more than just rumour.
If we are going to use twitter as a guide then I wonder what Alex's instragm post with 4 other Brisbane Lions players means. I reckon if we use your logic it makes a 10 year extension a dead cert

Remove this Banner Ad

Back