AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Rottnest
He comes across as sincere. Weller came off as a meat head

The way I look at these 2 chaps is :-

Weller gave 100% in his games for Freo.

Balic was lukewarm in output for Freo.

Weller ( manager's influence ?? ), has said some dorky things. Balic was more measured in his comments ( geez he's had long enough sitting on his ass to prepare a nice script !!! ).

Weller will always be welcomed by his ex Freo team mates, Balic will be a bit meh to his ex Freo team mates.

Carson Dial

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
The way I look at these 2 chaps is :-

Weller gave 100% in his games for Freo.

Balic was lukewarm in output for Freo.

Weller ( manager's influence ?? ), has said some dorky things. Balic was more measured in his comments ( geez he's had long enough sitting on his ass to prepare a nice script !!! ).

Weller will always be welcomed by his ex Freo team mates, Balic will be a bit meh to his ex Freo team mates.
I’m more philosophical...I say fuq em both

You guys don't play nice with others must've been hard growing up as an only child

Players move on, that's fine, but no hard feelings - and moving on doesnt diminish their contribution to the club. Same for the guys dissing Subes. Bit of respect goes a long way. None of this 'you are dead to me' bullshit

Square Peg

Cancelled
Fremantle Poster of the Year Fremantle Board Tipping Champion
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
You guys don't play nice with others must've been hard growing up as an only child

Players move on, that's fine, but no hard feelings - and moving on doesnt diminish their contribution to the club. Same for the guys dissing Subes. Bit of respect goes a long way. None of this 'you are dead to me' bullshit

Thanks for the sermon, Benedict, but football club support for me is tribal. If you want to deconstruct it to the point where you worry about individuals...

Embarrassing seeing Freo supporters on other boards talk about ‘mummy issues’.

...including mummy boys that leave us then great, but I personally have enough touchy feely exposure at home, at work, on social media to boost my emotional quotient. I want to support my team, and every other player on every other ******* team is the enemy.

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
Thanks for the sermon, Benedict, but football club support for me is tribal. If you want to deconstruct it to the point where you worry about individuals...

...including mummy boys that leave us then great, but I personally have enough touchy feely exposure at home, at work, on social media to boost my emotional quotient. I want to support my team, and every other player on every other ******* team is the enemy.
its only a game. Someone's mental health is more important than kicking a ball through the goals.

Square Peg

Cancelled
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
its only a game. Someone's mental health is more important than kicking a ball through the goals.

That is basically a zero sum statement, life is meant to be enjoyed even though there are mental health problems in the world. My brother committed suicide FFS, I know about mental health problems. He was a good but not great musician who might have wanted to be famous but wasn't, should all music fans hide their exuberance for great musicians because some wannabes don't make it and it might hurt their feelings?

That is basically a zero sum statement, life is meant to be enjoyed even though there are mental health problems in the world. My brother committed suicide FFS, I know about mental health problems. He was a good but not great musician who might have wanted to be famous but wasn't, should all music fans hide their exuberance for great musicians because some wannabes don't make it and it might hurt their feelings?

You've experienced the impact of mental health problems, and therefore that qualifies you to decide that treating people with respect doesn't matter because your entertainment is more important than treating them as human beings? * me you're a walking contradiction. Players read these forums. The macho tribalism bullshit is unnecessary.

Square Peg

Cancelled
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
You've experienced the impact of mental health problems, and therefore that qualifies you to decide that treating people with respect doesn't matter because your entertainment is more important than treating them as human beings? **** me you're a walking contradiction. Players read these forums. The macho tribalism bullshit is unnecessary.

I think you've missed the point mate, but please, do continue on with the piety in your self appointed role as protector of people's feelings.

I think you've missed the point mate, but please, do continue on with the piety in your self appointed role as protector of people's feelings.

:p just counterbalancing your self appointed role as expert of mental health ;) it's cool - we're done here

Square Peg

Cancelled
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
:p just counterbalancing your self appointed role as expert of mental health ;) it's cool - we're done here

Cute. I never said I was an expert, snowflake, but keep the fake sincerity up and your "like" tally will continue to accrue

mike91

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Embarrassing seeing Freo supporters on other boards talk about ‘mummy issues’. We’ve benefitted the most of all clubs, recently. Lordy.
McCarthy - yes
Hill - no
Kersten - no
Hamling - no
Wilson - no
Matera - no

If you've given your original club good service and signed an extension, left on good terms, then it's fine, like Hill and Crozier. McCarthy is literally the only one. So in other words, not even remotely true.

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
McCarthy - yes
Hill - no
Kersten - no
Hamling - no
Wilson - no
Matera - no

If you've given your original club good service and signed an extension, left on good terms, then it's fine, like Hill and Crozier. McCarthy is literally the only one. So in other words, not even remotely true.

Yep a bit hard to say accurately that we've benefited greatly when we've had just 1 meh season from McCarthy.

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
Cute. I never said I was an expert, snowflake, but keep the fake sincerity up and your "like" tally will continue to accrue
Most of the "like" could be dislike , this forum don't had a dislike button :D

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
Protecting our mental health.
The cause of all this is because people here don't want to let go , why bump this thread talking about "mommy boy" post in main board in the first place. To protect mental health people need to do it by example rather than said it .

Back