Analysis 2018 fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Only 1 Friday night game ... Carlton get 4 ... what a joke

And apparently it's because we have Anzac Eve, QB and 2 games in NT ... makes a pretty easy decision to dump the NT games really
Carlton getting 4 is what irks me, 4 friday night games for a team that finishes in the bottom 4 is laughable. I do hope we stop playing in the NT soon regardless of whether we get a better fixture.

Well the AFL have ****ed us with that fixture!

7 interstate games
2 home Sat games for the year (one of which is a twighlight)
No Friday night games in Vic
No home game in Victoria for 7 weeks between rounds 5 & 12
No Sat night games in Victoria again

Good to see the prime times spots go to the teams on the rise like Carlton 4, St Kilda 4 & Collingwood 3

10 Sunday fixtures, literally no night games in Victoria and that horror run of no home games. *s sake

EDIT: except Anzac Eve of course but still.

Based on the results this year the run home is tough as well. We'd want to bank a few win early.

Good to see the prime times spots go to the teams on the rise like Carlton 4, St Kilda 4 & Collingwood 3
This is the worst part of it for me.
Obviously it's more about making money than presenting as fair a draw as possible for the AFL.
The 'Blockbusters' excuse is invalid as Collingwood stink yet still get 3 Friday nights along with their blockbusters.
4 for Carlton and a few for the Aints is a disgrace.
We've got one - and none of us can even f**** attend!

This is the worst part of it for me.
Obviously it's more about making money than presenting as fair a draw as possible for the AFL.
The 'Blockbusters' excuse is invalid as Collingwood stink yet still get 3 Friday nights along with their blockbusters.
4 for Carlton and a few for the Aints is a disgrace.
We've got one - and none of us can even f**** attend!
The aints cant draw crowds and arent any good. So how do they end up with 4 games on a friday night?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Not impressed with our fixture. The run home is crazy for us. If we want to make finals we need a dream start. We cannot afford to wake up towards the end of the eason and have to win every game. This will be a real test but I'm excited.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The aints cant draw crowds and arent any good. So how do they end up with 4 games on a friday night?

Yeah this!
Didn't they get one this year vs Norf and 28 people rocked up?
Go f*** yourselves AFL.

Not complaining but I was under the impression that we were going to start switching home games with QB from now on?
Collingwood wants too, looking at this I suspect that the AFL told them where to go.

Whilst 5 Friday night games at the G is an improvement on 2017, there's still way too many at Etihad for my liking. The quality of those matches leaves a lot to be desired as well.

Whilst 5 Friday night games at the G is an improvement on 2017, there's still way too many at Etihad for my liking. The quality of those matches leaves a lot to be desired as well.
I think there's a real concern about crowd dropoff at the G for night games in June/July due to the cold.

We also have 8 Sat night games and only 3 Sunday games. Best prime time fixture we've ever had.
Pretty good considering no one turned up to your Friday night game this year

Travis Auld: Carlton get 4 Friday night games and Melbourne 1 because of the QB fixture.

Wtf does that even mean w***er?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back