Prediction 2018 Fixture Predictions/Wish list

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah. We'll have a classic awe inspiring hard fought victory over the Pies and then lose in a boring ho-hum half assed effort against the Dee's. Net value for the season is 0, just more chance of injury. Ah, well. Comes with the territory of being a great club. I know a Collingwood supporter who thinks his team suffers from 'blockbuster fatigue'. That is every opposition team treats the game against them as a 'blockbuster' and goes harder than normal, and at times during the year the Pies find it hard to 'get up' for games, resulting in occasional blowouts and 'unexplainable' very poor performances.
You're describing Essendon more than anyone.

Pretty happy with that. Almost no early Sunday games is good too.
Huh? Sunday 1:10 is the only good timeslot on that day.

The one thing that I don't like about the current split between Etihad and MCG is the lack of a true home ground advantage.

When we play Sydney at Etihad in round 19, it will be our 7th game there for the year. It will be Sydney's 5th game there. Look at their lead up to our game.

St Kilda vs Sydney Etihad
Sydney vs West Coast SCG
Richmond vs Sydney Etihad
Sydney vs Geelong SCG
North Melbourne vs Sydney Etihad
Sydney vs Gold Coast SCG
Essendon vs Sydney round 19 Etihad

That's 4 games in 8 rounds. In that time, we would have only played at Etihad twice since the round 6 game against Melbourne. Since it is a standalone fixture, the AFL could have fixtured this at the MCG, where we would have an actual advantage over Sydney.

The one thing that I don't like about the current split between Etihad and MCG is the lack of a true home ground advantage.

When we play Sydney at Etihad in round 19, it will be our 7th game there for the year. It will be Sydney's 5th game there. Look at their lead up to our game.

St Kilda vs Sydney Etihad
Sydney vs West Coast SCG
Richmond vs Sydney Etihad
Sydney vs Geelong SCG
North Melbourne vs Sydney Etihad
Sydney vs Gold Coast SCG
Essendon vs Sydney round 19 Etihad

That's 4 games in 8 rounds. In that time, we would have only played at Etihad twice since the round 6 game against Melbourne. Since it is a standalone fixture, the AFL could have fixtured this at the MCG, where we would have an actual advantage over Sydney.
Richmond hosting a game at Etihad.....wtf is the AFL doing.
Every one of their home games should be at the G.

Can't complain too much. Plenty to like there.

4 day break after Anzac day is ridiculous, but I guess it goes with the territory. I feel that the shortened break should be leading into Anzac day, so at least the two teams playing are on equal footing.
Ohhhhh! the debates that are coming about resting players after Anzac day! :rolleyes: Play the VFL side imo :D

Ohhhhh! the debates that are coming about resting players after Anzac day! :rolleyes: Play the VFL side imo :D
Dees play the night before. Against a harder, tougher opponent. It won't be so bad.
Only players i'd have concerns over would be TBC & maybe Hooker (plus anyone who picks up a knock Anzac Day).

Rotate Berger/TBC (or even play Draper for his first Anzac Day?)
Assess Hooker. Against the dees @ etihad it might be worthwhile resting Hooker and using Daniher, Stringer and Stewart as the talls and go small and quick.

Other than, wouldn't expect too many changes.
4th quarter may need to be played at 1st gear pace though. soft tissue galore could be on the cards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep on track to reach 70 thousand members too we are out growing Eithad plus finals and Grand Finals are won at the MCG
we've outgrown it, and I'm growing tired of reserving seats on my AFL membership for our games there.

Would hope we're looking to move out of there asap.
Leave it for the Roos, Saints, Blues & Dogs to feel like they're pulling crowds.

1. Money doesn’t grow on trees
2. You can’t overload the MCG with too much footy - the surface will suffer

Having all of our games there is a pipe dream that won’t happen.

I want to host the Etihad tenants and all interstate sides except Sydney and West Coast at Etihad. I'd want to have a rotation of Sydney, West Coast, Brisbane and Adelaide at the MCG to have two of those four sides playing us there each year. Similar to how Carlton host 2 of West Coast, Adelaide, Port and Sydney at the MCG each year.

Teams that we ideally always play at the MCG are Carlton, Collingwood, Richmond, Hawthorn, Geelong, Melbourne, Sydney and West Coast.

A split of 6 or 7 home games at the MCG would do it for me. For whatever reason, the AFL gave Carlton only 5 MCG home games and 6 at Etihad despite renegotiating their Etihad deal in 2015 to play 5 at Etihad and 6 at the MCG. Perhaps we can capitalise on Carlton and Hawthorn being bad in order to increase the amount of MCG home games we have.

So I think everyone has missed the most important, and disturbing, thing about our fixture next year... There appears to be only one opportunity for a Tanked in its traditional Saturday afternoon timeslot.

So I think everyone has missed the most important, and disturbing, thing about our fixture next year... There appears to be only one opportunity for a Tanked in its traditional Saturday afternoon timeslot.

BASTARDS!!!!!!!!!

Friday nights rarely work as a lot of people can't make it in time for a session. Ah well, we will have to make the most of what we've got - Dreamtime Tanked I guess!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back