News 2018 Fixture Request

Remove this Banner Ad

We have played Port , 3 at vfl Park , then 4 in tassie and 6 at the dome for all our home games .
Plus 16 times in Adelaide.
If we were a big team we would be jumping up and down demanding something be done .
But we are only the Saints so we just sit and take it .

So we got 8 Melb? Whats that mean for Melb 11 well get 3 KP games??
Haha I was gonna ask the same thing.
With Melbourne home they better not put any extra KP games on it or keep it at the same price.
I get pissed off with the KP games on the Melb memberships. Don't want them.

Haha I was gonna ask the same thing.
With Melbourne home they better not put any extra KP games on it or keep it at the same price.
I get pissed off with the KP games on the Melb memberships. Don't want them.

Eh I'm okay with it. Not over the moon but I'll take it.

It'll have to either be Melb 10 (and discount) or give us 3 KP. I reckon it'll be the latter.

Eh I'm okay with it. Not over the moon but I'll take it.

It'll have to either be Melb 10 (and discount) or give us 3 KP. I reckon it'll be the latter.
I'd almost guarantee the latter. I wish they could work out a way to put Melb away games on there instead of those pesky KP ones.

Terrible scheduling- 4.40pm on a Sunday, get rooted Gill.

All good tho. Just wont go to that one.
I think Gill said to himself - "Geelong wants 9 home games? I'll give them 9 including a Sunday night "graveyard shift" game"

Buy two of them- 6 Melb games.

I will still get the Melbourne 11. I have a holiday house I can hit up too near Geelong.
Hehe. Or 3 1 match games. Holiday house is allright didn't think of that. Could make a weekend of it and go camping or something.
I can't complain too much anyway I only usually go to Hawk, Norf and Bulldogs games.
Actually been to more BD games than Cats over the past couple of years.

Hehe. Or 3 1 match games. Holiday house is allright didn't think of that. Could make a weekend of it and go camping or something.
I can't complain too much anyway I only usually go to Hawk, Norf and Bulldogs games.

/shudder- camping in the middle of winter tho? You better do that more in April/May if you can.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

/shudder- camping in the middle of winter tho? You better do that more in April/May if you can.
I do it! Even took the kids camping at Lake Mountain in the middle of Winter this year cause I'm a tightarse and wanted to get a full day in for my money and wanted a good car park.
Wouldn't do it again though. Was warm in the back of the 4bee in a sleeping bag but the second someone opened the door Faaark!

How many GFC games do you think you've seen ever

How many GFC games do you think you've seen ever
Dunno. From the age of 8 to 15 went most weeks Melb & Geelong.
15 to 21 just KP only a few Melb.
Since then probably about 30 games. Lived interstate for a long time though including all the flag years

It's pronounced as an acronym, not a word. Gee-em-h-bee-ay?
Surely not? It doesn't flow easily like Simonds, Skilled, Etihad etc. It's one of those acronyms that has to be enunciated slowly.

And I don't see 'GOOMBA' getting any traction.

If we shorten it to GM (because Australians have to shorten all names), it will sound like General Motors.

I am really at a loss here. Think I'll just say "We're playing at Geelong"

Surely not? It doesn't flow easily like Simonds, Skilled, Etihad etc. It's one of those acronyms that has to be enunciated slowly.

If we shorten it to GM (because Australians have to shorten all names), it will sound like General Motors.

I find it rolls of the tongue pretty easily, but ymmv I guess. Goomba is such a silly word used by Richmond and Hawk fans because they think it's patronising, but it just makes them sound like petty children.

It's Kardinia Park or so the club song goes.

Actually KP means the surrounding area of which our ground is a part but the one constant in all of the name changes over the years is that we play home games at Kardinia Park so that's good enough for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back