The 2018 Fixture - Announcements.

Remove this Banner Ad

Understood, but just looking at the previous premiers....WB got 9 fridays, and only 3 sundays....

In general terms, Richmond has a pretty good commercial fixture, but as the premiers, we didn't do so well.

Carlton always gets a cushy ride from the AFL.
Why don’t you start naming some of these cushy rides we are supposedly getting from the afl, because I’m struggling to think of any.

Shouldn’t you be complaining about Carlton getting 4 Friday night slots
An excellent point. But, I worked out it's actually a good thing. You can organise to take out the wife for a nice dinner and movie safe in the knowledge you're only missing (another) Carlton Friday Night snore-fest.

Not trying to reignite the debate but just pointing out that that wouldn't matter - the 'away' team hasn't 'earned' a home Grand Final, the home team has.

Firstly, there is no home and away teams for the GF. Its played at the same ground it's been played at for over 100 years.

Secondly, when the non Vic teams have an clear advantage during H&A, which flows through to mean they're more likely to be the home team in other finals, then they can suck it up for one game.

Last edited:
Carlton's four Friday games have taken a few people by surprise. Thank God we have News Corp to provide some balance and tell the story without any unnecessary drama or sensationalism:

FARCE.png

Carlton's four Friday games have taken a few people by surprise. Thank God we have News Corp to provide some balance and tell the story without any unnecessary drama or sensationalism:

View attachment 433671

Its gawy, gawy is just angwy he has to be a one woman man now :(

Gary didn't write that preview though.

I'm impressed they've somehow managed to fit 'dirty', 'hypocrisy', 'staggering', 'farce', 'bizarre revelation', 'foul stench', and 'duplicity' into the one preview. They clearly employ the Mozart of clickbait writing.

Even Kevin Spacey isn't copping this much heat and hyperbole!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't believe they gave Sydney another Thursday night home game after the awful, awful crowd for a Grand Final replay last year at the SCG - the fact is Sydney traffic is awful mid-week even late at night and Sydneysiders don't want to get home really late before getting home. I know it was bad weather but only 20,000 went to their Thursday game against us last year vs 30k+ typically for a normal game.

Jeepers.
All the flogging on about fixture injustice.
Am I the only one who just doesn't care who my team plays, how many times, and where?
Fixturing afl must be the biggest nightmare ever.

Because teams like Richmond, Collingwood, Essendon think they are too good to travel to Geelong so they schedule us away at their home ground.
Same as Hawthorn in more recent years. Carlton have finally had to come after 20 years of being rubbish.
We get Melbourne twice which adds another MCG game.
Lucky set of circumstances this year but if 'big' teams just come down the highway, our fixture wouldn't be so wonderful and would we would have to play at Etihad more.
It's funny. These 'big' sides are actually doing themselves and us a favour. More MCG experience, and restricting the chances of playing Etihad teams by locking us in to an away game at the G.
Everyone else gets shafted.
More like the AFL does not want to lose money playing the big teams at an almost boutique stadium. Once it increases capacity over 40k you might start seeing some of those teams down here regularly. Great stadium for the JLT, but seriously lacking the rest of the year.

Or they were just, you know, a little bit shiiiitt on the day?
Just like WC in 2015, Sydney in 2014 and Freo in 2013. Finish higher yet have to play at oppositions ground. Also before you mention 2001, 2004 etc that was a different era with none of this zoning where stadium circumference actually matters.

5 away games at the G
2 home games at the G
1 away game at Ettihad
9 home games in Geelong including the final 2 games of the regular season against Fremantle and Gold Coast
17 times kissed on the dick

Geelong will finish on top of the ladder!!!
They get looked after every year the cats and they still have the audacity to complain they don’t get a kp final. Will be enough to get them to September however they won’t be good enough again when the whips are cracking.

They get looked after every year the cats and they still have the audacity to complain they don’t get a kp final. Will be enough to get them to September however they won’t be good enough again when the whips are cracking.

I'm sorry but who gets home games as an away side and home finals when they aren't earnt??

I'd be happy with the fixture if I was a Geelong supporter.

- 9 Geelong games to get genuine home ground advantage
- 7 MCG games to get accustomed to the ground where the Grand Final (and Victorian finals) are played.

That is pretty good if you ask me.

I'm sorry but who gets home games as an away side and home finals when they aren't earnt??

Two months tomorrow dude

We get it, for two months this is all we have heard, and youre hanging onto s**t worse than my missus

Remove this Banner Ad

Back