Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you think those 'memes' above are bad, I will just leave this here:

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/media/users/avatarp.1387/

Oh cool, they found three finals chokes in 12 years

full

We could find three in two seasons...

The best part is he's not even that bad towards them. It's not as if they've had to suffer being labelled a ratbag organisation, the stench of fitzroy etc. etc.

That's what makes him so effective at getting under their skin, he's subtle as hell. So good.

full

Neil Craig Edition:
The Double:
2005 Qualifying Final, Adelaide vs St Kilda - "Home qualifying final choke"
2005 Preliminary Final, Adelaide vs West Coast - "The 'they must've been using drugs' choke"

2006 Preliminary Final, Adelaide vs West Coast - "The 'they must've been using drugs again!' choke"
2007 Elimination Final, Hawthorn vs Adelaide "Buddy's dagger choke"
2008 Elimination Final, Adelaide vs Collingwood "Home final choke"
2009 Semi Final, Collingwood vs Adelaide - "The 'right in front of me' choke"
2012 Qualifying Final, Adelaide vs Sydney "Home qualifying final choke"

Don Pyke Edition:
2016 Round 23 West Coast vs Adelaide - "Top 4 choke"
2017 Grand Final Adelaide (1st) vs Richmond (3rd) - "GF choke"

I'm sure there's more.

The blows will be softened by the release of this.

Right In Front Of The Other Bloke
The 1997 Finals

Semi Final: Adelaide vs Geelong
Preliminary Final: Adelaide vs Western Bulldogs

Last edited:

full

Only West Coast there was a choke. The other two were s**t performances against sides in better form. Outside this year you have to go back to 2003 for when we choked, rather than just did badly against a better opponent. 14 years.

Only West Coast there was a choke. The other two were s**t performances against sides in better form. Outside this year you have to go back to 2003 for when we choked, rather than just did badly against a better opponent. 14 years.
Yes, in the 2005 SF and the 2007 GF we were the underdogs therefore not chokes. Numerous finals "chokes" 2001 - 2003 (2001 SF, 2002 QF, 2003 QF) but that individual obviously isn't intelligent enough to be able to work that out.

The CROWS v Port Final was 1st v 8th. Hardly a choke. It always amuses me that the Clown supporters run with the Chad Corned "dream final" tag as some sort of massive put down. Clearly he meant a showdown final was a dream final matchup for the city/state, but of course these morons took it a different way.

The CROWS v Port Final was 1st v 8th. Hardly a choke. It always amuses me that the Clown supporters run with the Chad Corned "dream final" tag as some sort of massive put down. Clearly he meant a showdown final was a dream final matchup for the city/state, but of course these morons took it a different way.
The best part of that is be said it prior to the elim

So he was like yeah of course win and a home final

Lol and they still bang on this year about us not beating a top 8 side even though we did beat 2, so meh, let them run with their delusions if it makes em happy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They've been poor in Melbourne for quite some time now. Surely that's becoming quite an obvious problem and a harder one to fix than not beating the top sides.

Their away games against Carlton and Collingwood gave me plenty of confidence that they were more than beatable on the big day.

They'll smash a bunch of teams at AO next year and a couple of top sides which will have their fans and players drinking their own bath water again. They never learn.

As far as chokes go, let's not forget the Qualifying Final against Sydney in 2012. Packed house, everyone thought they'd s**t it in. If I remember correctly, the Semi Final against Freo the week after had a significantly smaller crowd.

They beat only 1 top 8 side away from the comfort of AO (Ess) but you don't need to win away from home in finals do you...oh wait
Yep, for all of the blowing of Adelaide prior to the GF, it's more clear in retrospect that a big difference between them and us, is they got top 8 sides mostly at home, where as we copped most away. Flip our draws from last year and odds are it'd have been one more win for us and one less for them.

The best part is he's not even that bad towards them. It's not as if they've had to suffer being labelled a ratbag organisation, the stench of fitzroy etc. etc.
It was funny listening to Simon Hill the other day. Rowe was having a go at him for not sticking up for the Socceroos coach. He fires back with “I’m not a cheerleader, I’m a journalist”.

Silence.

It was funny listening to Simon Hill the other day. Rowe was having a go at him for not sticking up for the Socceroos coach. He fires back with “I’m not a cheerleader, I’m a journalist”.

Silence.
We shouldn't laugh at Rowe*. 'Journalist, not a cheerleader' is a concept foreign to the majority of the SA sports media.

*We absolutely should laugh at Rowe.

Ya gotta laugh. “They” now have three, yes three, open threads dedicated to Kane and Rucci. They are obviously listening, Kane would be happy. And they reckon we are obsessed with the media because we have one thread about it.
A couple of them were getting excited for a while. They reckon Kane is currently off the show because fagan wasn't happy with him calling out their club. Shame about the o/seas family holiday that they planned six months ago.
At least they provide a laugh while we wait for proper footy stuff to start again.

Ya gotta laugh. “They” now have three, yes three, open threads dedicated to Kane and Rucci. They are obviously listening, Kane would be happy. And they reckon we are obsessed with the media because we have one thread about it.
A couple of them were getting excited for a while. They reckon Kane is currently off the show because fagan wasn't happy with him calling out their club. Shame about the o/seas family holiday that they planned six months ago.
At least they provide a laugh while we wait for proper footy stuff to start again.
Like having your club CEO interfere in a private broadcasting organisation is something to be proud of. Logical thought would be to improve themselves so they aren't so open to public criticism, but I suppose it couldn't possibly be their fault

We should never be greatly surprised about the vitriol emanating from the tingle's site, because the deadlegs, and to a lesser extent the blue baggers during their golden era aside, we are talking `supporters ' of clubs that have been largely irrelevant for the vast majority of their history, but now they can all fly as one and wrap themselves in the same pathetic security blanket. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back