Is Geelong home games at Etihad the biggest league-endorsed rort of recent times?

Remove this Banner Ad

So no games at the MCG or Docklands? 2 in Perth, Adelaide, Sydney, Brisbane and travel to Darwin and Launceston thrown in?

Wouldn’t bother me in the slightest.

In 26 years since the West Coast made their first grand final, interstate sides have won 11 flags and finished runners up another 10 times by my count.

21 of a possible 54 grand final berths, with less than 50 per cent of teams in the competition (much less than 50 for a good period of that time) would indicate that statistically there is no real overall disadvantage to being an interstate side.

So yes.

If we get 12 proper games I would. Being Geelong a great club that's never dropped below 12th in history I'd back them in to be like Adelaide and WC have always been barring one off years - finals or just below

But you wouldnt swap...right?
You wouldnt trade 15 games in your home state for 12...

But you wouldnt swap...right?
You wouldnt trade 15 games in your home state for 12...
It's a bigger advantage so absolutely I would swap.

What good are 7 home games at the MCG when they're against tenants like Melbourne, Richmond and Collingwood? At least Hawthorn and Essendon have quotas to play elsewhere which evens up the ledger a bit there.

OK tell me whats wrong with that.
WHich side do you share your ground with?
Which other side doesnt share a ground but doesnt have to travel?

You really are a simpleton, but I guess that sums up Geelong in a nutshell doesnt it.
Lol -gave you plenty of facts that you consistently ignore. Or maybe you need glasses? No chance of a reasonable or balanced discussion with someone as conflicted as you.
I am quite happy with my club's set up. You are the one with the problem about it so happy to let you stew away. And by golly hasn't it got under your skin sloaney. Enjoy.

Here we are again.

‘Person disagrees with me and I know what they’re really thinking. TROLL.’

Idiot.

I stand by it. I would take Adelaide or Perth home ground advantage in a heartbeat.

Because its like saying "No I'd actually prefer the $10 note to the $100 note"
Nobody would actually do it, no matter how many times you say they would.

You already have that home ground advantage...that's the point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because its like saying "No I'd actually prefer the $10 note to the $100 note"
Nobody would actually do it, no matter how many times you say they would.

You already have that home ground advantage...that's the point.
That is opinion, not a tangible fact. Are you dumb, or stuck in a rut?

OK 5, you're right.
Doesnt change anything though.
Now being persistent means your POV is wrong?

So therefore all the Cats fans persistently trying to get 11 home games at KP are wrong.

Still the best deal in football, yet the only team whinging.

LOL... The red nose and big funny shoes are over there....-> Clown time.

For the first time since 99 we are not getting fisted by playing home games at 3 different stadiums LOL.

And you call it "still the best deal in football"

Best deal since when, 25 minutes ago when the 2018 fixture came out?

Oh ok.. :rolleyes:

Go Catters

LOL... The red nose and big funny shoes are over there....-> Clown time.

For the first time since 99 we are not getting fisted by playing home games at 3 different stadiums LOL.

And you call it "still the best deal in football"

Best deal since when, 25 minutes ago when the 2018 fixture came out?

Oh ok.. :rolleyes:

Go Catters

Best deal every year.
I've gone over why. If you cant read or comprehend thats not my problem.

That is opinion, not a tangible fact. Are you dumb, or stuck in a rut?

Well its an opinion that people would take the $100 too, but everyone in their right mind can see what the choice would be.

You have the travel of a vic team, with the home ground advantage of an interstate team.

Its really not hard to understand.

Well its an opinion that people would take the $100 too, but everyone in their right mind can see what the choice would be.

You have the travel of a vic team, with the home ground advantage of an interstate team.

Its really not hard to understand.
Interstate teams get 12 home games, we get 9 for the first time since 1999. How you continue to miss the point post after post is remarkable. Great read though.

Interstate teams get 12 home games, we get 9 for the first time since 1999. How you continue to miss the point post after post is remarkable. Great read though.

Well if you count a home game as one against someone else who shares that oval.
Nobody else does.

In reality interstate teams get home advantage 10 times a season.
You get it 9 times.

Just no leg to stand on in this argument.

Well if you count a home game as one against someone else who shares that oval.
Nobody else does.

In reality interstate teams get home advantage 10 times a season.
You get it 9 times.

Just no leg to stand on in this argument.
Adelaide play at Adelaide Oval 12 times + any home finals, Geelong plays at Kardinia Park 9 times without any home finals. Unfortunately for you no amount of posting the same thing ad nauseam will change that fact.

Can we stop using the phrase "interstate sides"? It's a national comp, last I checked.

10 teams in Vic.
8 outside.
Grand final held in Vic every season.
You tell me if its a 'national' comp.

If it was a national comp you'd travel more than 5 times outside your own state.

Simply cannot have it both ways.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back