Bumped Random Chat - I want BBQ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big night?

Got so messed up we told a bunch of strippers that me and me mate were brothers who were separated young by our parents. Dad took him and lived in Canada while mum raised me in Melbourne. We met a week ago for the first time and well, it feels like I've known him my whole life.

Got so messed up we told a bunch of strippers that me and me mate were brothers who were separated young by our parents. Dad took him and lived in Canada while mum raised me in Melbourne. We met a week ago for the first time and well, it feels like I've known him my whole life.
So you'd say things between you and he are getting pretty serious?

A bit late Proper Gander but here is a simple recipe I like to throw together for a quick easy meal (Takes about 10 mins)

Pesto chicken -

3 jars of Leggos Pesto basil
1 cooked chicken (I get a large so can keep left overs for sandwiches/chicken and salad for lunch next day)
300ml of cream
1 packet of your fav pasta (spirals or Penne type eg)
Parmesan cheese

Method -
Boil pasta
Pull chicken breast/s from carcass and shred it (like pulled chicken)
Thrown some butter in the bottom of a deep dish pan or similar along with some salt and pepper on a low heat (you are basically warming the ingredients up so low heat is all you need). Bung in the chicken and Pesto sauce. Once they are warmed up put in the cooked pasta and cream. Be careful to keep stirring to reduce sticking to pan. Once warm you can serve with a sprinkle of Parmesan and some sourdough Garlic bread.

If you wanna get fancy - Make you own pesto and pasta. Also buy chicken breast and cook yourself.

I seem to have reached an age where I no longer engage with whatever is the chart-topping thing this week or even this year. Actually, I'm starting to think I should really have been young and hip in the 70s. That would have suited me. I was listening to music on the weekend and worked my way through Supertramp, then some Yes albums, then Pink Floyd - The Dark Side of the Moon, then I tried watching our win against West Coast with the commentary on mute while playing Tubular Bells, which works surprisingly well.

I think I may have an old soul. Or maybe I'm just a run of the mill fogie.

I seem to have reached an age where I no longer engage with whatever is the chart-topping thing this week or even this year. Actually, I'm starting to think I should really have been young and hip in the 70s. That would have suited me. I was listening to music on the weekend and worked my way through Supertramp, then some Yes albums, then Pink Floyd - The Dark Side of the Moon, then I tried watching our win against West Coast with the commentary on mute while playing Tubular Bells, which works surprisingly well.

Modern music just sucks as its cookie cutter simplistic garbage.

A mate if mine is a music teacher and told his class they had to choose a song to perform. After years of the garbage they chose he imposed two rules:

1. A tempo over 100

2. It must contain more than 4 chords.

Took them 2 weeks to find something. Nearly nothing they liked qualified.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tubular Bells!!! hahahahahaaa what a random (not so) little ensemble that was!

I have gotten my kids into War of the Worlds by Jeff Wayne featuring David Essesx. I remember Mum playing it for me in the 70's. They seem to be warming to it.

My 14 year old daughter has recently moved in with me after 4 years living with her mum so I am listening to some of her stuff which isn't too bad. Mind you there is no Taylor Swift or Beiber hahahaa

Modern music just sucks as its cookie cutter simplistic garbage.
I seem to have reached an age where I no longer engage with whatever is the chart-topping thing this week or even this year. Actually, I'm starting to think I should really have been young and hip in the 70s.
Various studies have tried to determine what age music taste becomes entrenched. From memory the popular consensus is somewhere between 24 - 28.

Personally I'm terrified of getting "old man" syndrome, so I'm always looking for new stuff. I think music is as good as it's ever been, but I agree chart music sucks- as it has for about 40 years or so.

Looking forward to seeing this guy in a couple of weeks:

I've done nothing but dig back into the past as the music of my era is absolute s**t, only very few things from modern music are lucky to make it into my playlist.

Obviously you've given me reason to bitch and moan now and i won't hold back. For me the end of Grunge in the 90's signified the full transition to pop as the dominant genre of music in mainstream media, despite metal supposedly selling better as more turn away from commercial radio. But now the world demands pop and modern, i mean have you heard Triple M lately? 5 or so years ago artists like Ed Shearan wouldn't have been played on the station, but mainstream demands the influx of modern pop and thus to survive stations like Triple M have had to branch out of their traditional genre's

Anyway enough with the society side of it, but modern music to my ears mostly is in tolerable. Not saying if you like that it's wrong everyone has their tastes but not for me. Most Modern music i find is heartless or soulless and you occasionally might get a decent on like 'take me to church' for example, but you have to wade through the crap to discover it. Songs have become to generic it's often something pop that has the pretence of relationship or love at it's core interwoven with a bit of rap. Seriously everything i see has the word "featuring" does every artist have to cross promote. and in most cases this feature is often a bit of rap.

You go back, you had midnight oil singing about the environment and rights, you had pink floyd singing abut idealism's and reality. Then you had your Bob Dylan's and you're Bowies each making their mark, not one artist now could hold a candle up to any of those bands and singers. But this of course is my opinion and if you don't like fair enough, that makes us human with different tastes and likes

Just Quietly "The Wall" is my favourite album, although i do like dark side of the moon i still haven't bought it. The wall makes me go limp and just think about, well everything. My life, the world, society, idealism, anything else. It probably is when i do my most free thinking listening to that album. I can't tell you how many train rides home from the football have i decided to put 'the wall' on and just melt away for a couple of hours and drain the world out. Incidentally one of my friends hates pink floyd purely as he stated "It makes me too aware of things, it makes me think about stuff"

Surprised Crimson Azure hasn't said anything anything, is often great to talk to about music :thumbsu:

Anyway if you got an old Soul PG you may as well lob me there as well, even though i'm only in my 20's

Anyway enough with the society side of it, but modern music to my ears mostly is in tolerable. Not saying if you like that it's wrong everyone has their tastes but not for me. Most Modern music i find is heartless or soulless and you occasionally might get a decent on like 'take me to church' for example, but you have to wade through the crap to discover it. Songs have become to generic it's often something pop that has the pretence of relationship or love at it's core interwoven with a bit of rap. Seriously everything i see has the word "featuring" does every artist have to cross promote. and in most cases this feature is often a bit of rap.

You go back, you had midnight oil singing about the environment and rights, you had pink floyd singing abut idealism's and reality. Then you had your Bob Dylan's and you're Bowies each making their mark, not one artist now could hold a candle up to any of those bands and singers. But this of course is my opinion and if you don't like fair enough, that makes us human with different tastes and likes

It is because most "artists" these days have little to no musical talent, so they aren't involved much or at all in the writing of the songs. They have no personal connection to what they are singing, they don't feel anything.

For me the end of Grunge in the 90's signified the full transition to pop as the dominant genre of music in mainstream media
Despite Radiohead, Pulp, Smashing Pumpkins, Oasis, PJ Harvey, Blur, Bjork, the Chemical Bros etc. all releasing classic albums in 1995, the biggest selling records of the year were by Mariah Carey, Celine Dion, Tina Arena, Hootie & The Blowfish, Alanis Morrissette, Boys II Men and godknows what else.... grunge was never dominant. It's always been pop (hence the name ;))

I used to write about music for money so I get a bit pedantic about it, sorry :D

Despite Radiohead, Pulp, Smashing Pumpkins, Oasis, PJ Harvey, Blur, Bjork, the Chemical Bros etc>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mariah Carey, Celine Dion, Tina Arena, Hootie & The Blowfish, Alanis Morrissette, Boys II Men

Despite Radiohead, Pulp, Smashing Pumpkins, Oasis, PJ Harvey, Blur, Bjork, the Chemical Bros etc. all releasing classic albums in 1995, the biggest selling records of the year were by Mariah Carey, Celine Dion, Tina Arena, Hootie & The Blowfish, Alanis Morrissette, Boys II Men and godknows what else.... grunge was never dominant. It's always been pop (hence the name ;))

I used to write about music for money so I get a bit pedantic about it, sorry :D
I didn't say Grunge was popular, but for me it signified the full transition to pop

Have any of you watched Edge of Darkness - 1980's British political thriller starring Bob Peck?

Its awesome. I'm rewatching it and its just as unnerving as when I first saw it.

Many, many moons ago. Joanne Whalley goes alright. Have you seen Willow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back