News 2018 Fixture Request

Remove this Banner Ad

The ground next to Southern Cross station is Docklands to me. I don't care who pays what for naming rights it is still and always will be Docklands.
Docklands is the location. When the stadium was built it was first known as Colonial Stadium. That wasn't a bad name. Telstra Dome had a nicer ring to it, but I must say it is now 'Etihad' to me. I can't believe an airline has named itself after that football stadium!

when was kp called shell?

On 22 June 2011, it was announced the stadium would have a new name in 2012. After 10 years as naming rights sponsor of Skilled Stadium, Skilled Group decided to relinquish these rights as of 31 October 2011.[7] Previous names of the stadium as results of sponsorship deals have been Skilled Stadium, Shell Stadium and Baytec Stadium; however it was only called Baytec Stadium for less than two months, and only 1 pre-season match was played there under the name. The stadium is nicknamed "The Cattery" by the club's supporters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You could always change teams

I could. But then I'd have to get used to making finals regularly, having a well run and financially-succesful club and my team having its own home ground.

Thanks for the offer, but would be too much of a shock to the system.... :p

I could. But then I'd have to get used to making finals regularly, having a well run and financially-succesful club and my team having its own home ground.

You're financially successful. Got pokies everywhere.
Pity you built that building down the end of PP. I reckon you would of got that ground going again otherwise.

Hi Cat peeps.

I'm really keen to come down to the Cattery for the Carlton match. I haven't been there in over 20 years.

Any idea how easy/hard it will be for away team fans to get tickets? Where's the best spots to sit etc?

Thanks in advance.
Tickets normally go on sale a Month before the start of the Month the game is in. Game is in May, so expect it to be Start of April. There might be a pre-sale in Feb. Plenty of GA seats in the Terrace and some seats in the Pocket between the Hickey and Players Stands are left for Oppo fans. No matter what richmond fans will tell you, there is enough seats if you don't expect to just rock up like an MCG game v Gold Coast.

Atleast you're honest:thumbsu:

Hi Cat peeps.

I'm really keen to come down to the Cattery for the Carlton match. I haven't been there in over 20 years.

Any idea how easy/hard it will be for away team fans to get tickets? Where's the best spots to sit etc?

Thanks in advance.
Don't let the media BS about the Richmond game this year put you off.
Seats are available for opposition members to purchase relatively easily, they go on sale roughly about a month before the game. Keep an eye on the re-sale feature of Tickettek as members will but their season seats up for sale for games if they aren't going to attend.

Seating for the ground
397072_4fb6fbdd41ec561891d982b0123aa663.jpg

And a useful thread for information on how to get there and the surrounds:
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/guide-to-simonds-stadium-and-geelong-july-2017.1172706/

Remove this Banner Ad

Back