2018 Membership

Remove this Banner Ad

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Had cause to ring the club today re my membership for 2018, had a slight problem doing it online. For the life of me, I can't remember the young girls name, but by gee she was helpful and very pleasant.

Sorted out the problem for me in no time at all..

Was a bit disappointed in the player choices, was hoping for a choice of our young ones. Harris was there but I thought Hippy etc would also be there.

Anyhoo, all went smoothly and am now joined for next season...

Onwards and upwards from here folks, bring it on!

Had cause to ring the club today re my membership for 2018, had a slight problem doing it online. For the life of me, I can't remember the young girls name, but by gee she was helpful and very pleasant.

Sorted out the problem for me in no time at all..

Was a bit disappointed in the player choices, was hoping for a choice of our young ones. Harris was there but I thought Hippy etc would also be there.

Anyhoo, all went smoothly and am now joined for next season...

Onwards and upwards from here folks, bring it on!
well done McMum.........I noticed on the website today a decent jump in numbers.

If anyone is able to post what the individual cards look like that’ll be great. Names are one thing but it would be good to see what they look before deciding.

From memory, which is not very reliable these days, the players are..Harris Andrews, JBrown, Kevin Murray, one of the girls and the rest I'm not sure:huh:

Has anyone done the Baby or Pet memberships?

I live overseas and currently just pick up the global pass, but my son was just recently born and I think it might be something a little fun to dress him up for the games. Certainly it's the only way my wife will ever be interested!

What is the mini scarf like?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Signed up again for myself and my wife.

Going to try moving to sections 67/68 (or whatever it is) for Lions members only section, see how that goes.

I signed up for a 14th consecutive year last week, chose Beams as my card choice - wanted Browny then realised when I looked closely that the jumper he was wearing was the paddlepop - so a big fat NO :(.

Mu automatic rollover includes "digital booster" which is discounted access to AFL live via the AFL app. The screen size this year on my Ipad meant watching games was like watch ants chase a crumb of bread. Have any posters who follow technical stuff heard whether or not the AFL is going to improve this service in 2018? any feedback greatly appreciated.

Thinking the great Kevin Murray for the card.

Mu automatic rollover includes "digital booster" which is discounted access to AFL live via the AFL app. The screen size this year on my Ipad meant watching games was like watch ants chase a crumb of bread. Have any posters who follow technical stuff heard whether or not the AFL is going to improve this service in 2018? any feedback greatly appreciated.

Thinking the great Kevin Murray for the card.

Unlikely to change. I'm happy to be corrected, but I believe the digital subscription screen size is limited by the broadcast agreement because of Foxtel's involvement and their own streaming option. You used to be able to to cast the AFL app stream from your device to your TV, but that option has been removed and, again, I'm pretty sure that's because of the broadcast agreement.

Yeah, the rights restrict the screen size.

What's interesting is that you have to scroll through a whole lot of information before the AFL discloses that the terms of use restrict live coverage to a smaller screen size. In fact, it is over 1800 words of terms and conditions before that fact emerges. Advertising a "digital subscription" for service which is limited in a pretty material way (ie the ability to watch a live game using the full screen of a digital device) is a little misleading.

Yeah, the rights restrict the screen size.

What's interesting is that you have to scroll through a whole lot of information before the AFL discloses that the terms of use restrict live coverage to a smaller screen size. In fact, it is over 1800 words of terms and conditions before that fact emerges. Advertising a "digital subscription" for service which is limited in a pretty material way (ie the ability to watch a live game using the full screen of a digital device) is a little misleading.

The ACCC did not care for that particular gimmick and ordered them to issue a bunch of refunds (note: still available!)

The ACCC did not care for that particular gimmick and ordered them to issue a bunch of refunds (note: still available!)
Slightly different though. That's for people who were already subscribed, only for Telstra to change the offering to a lesser product once those people had signed up.

I still believe that the AFL/Telstra should be more upfront in their advertising about the fact that the product won't fill the screen of most tablets.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back