Opinion Which other AFL club are you most excited to watch next year?

Which other AFL club are you most excited to watch next year?

• Adelaide

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 15 15.0%
  • Carlton

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Collingwood

• Essendon

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Fremantle

• Geelong

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Gold Coast

• GWS

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 11 11.0%
  • North Melbourne

• Port Adelaide

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Richmond

• St Kilda

• Sydney

• West Coast

• Western Bulldogs

• None. Zip. Zilch.

Votes: 54 54.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

After the Hawks found themselves in a bit of a tough spot this year, I found myself watching more opposition team games and though I dislike a lot of them I did find myself barracking for a few of them.

I find myself, now more than before, wanting Brisbane to improve. I'd like to see Fagan succeed, I think Hodge will be amazing for them and they have some really exciting young players and not too many established players that I dislike.

The bonus point is that now the Hawks have dropped off a bit, we won't get the oppositions best all the time and beating us is no longer seen as a 'coming of age' for aspiring teams. It makes it a bit easier to have the guard down and support other clubs!

After the Hawks found themselves in a bit of a tough spot this year, I found myself watching more opposition team games and though I dislike a lot of them I did find myself barracking for a few of them.

I find myself, now more than before, wanting Brisbane to improve. I'd like to see Fagan succeed, I think Hodge will be amazing for them and they have some really exciting young players and not too many established players that I dislike.

The bonus point is that now the Hawks have dropped off a bit, we won't get the oppositions best all the time and beating us is no longer seen as a 'coming of age' for aspiring teams. It makes it a bit easier to have the guard down and support other clubs!
Are you sure the Hawks dropping off a bit is not code word for you dropping off a bit?

Then Bradkli (who ever he is) is dead to me.

Who would take pleasure in watching the ultimate umpiring dilemma, who gets the most amount of free kicks.

Gazza or Duckwood.

Apologies - Bradkli is a member of the 'EVERYTHING HAWTHORN HAVE EVER DONE IS WRONG AND BROKEN' mafia that congregate in every losing autopsy thread but then seem to never be seen in the winning autopsy threads. He also has a tendency to let his inner-Geelong fan out repeatedly in the general AFL thread on here - among others. He along with Realist and Walshawk are posters who if you read their stuff with no knowledge of the game and its history you would swear that Hawthorn FC was the worst run, most unsuccessful club in the history of world sports.

None whatsoever.

AFL admin have turned a lot of the sport to s**t.

I watch Hawthorn, and I watch them only to see them win.

There is no spectacle worth pursuing if Hawthorn isn't there

I watch the Friday night game at a mate's house, where it serves as a background accompaniment with which to drink beer.

Otherwise I turn it off. If Carlton was playing Richmond in my backyard, I'd draw the blinds

AFL exists purely as a vehicle for Hawthorn to satisfy my tribal affinity and superiority.

The other teams are pathetic little thieves, Gollum-like entities stealing flags that are rightly ours. I have no more interest in them than the flies I wave away on a summer day, and roughly the same amount of affection.

Yours succinctly,

Angry of Forest Hill

Apologies - Bradkli is a member of the 'EVERYTHING HAWTHORN HAVE EVER DONE IS WRONG AND BROKEN' mafia that congregate in every losing autopsy thread but then seem to never be seen in the winning autopsy threads. He also has a tendency to let his inner-Geelong fan out repeatedly in the general AFL thread on here - among others. He along with Realist and Walshawk are posters who if you read their stuff with no knowledge of the game and its history you would swear that Hawthorn FC was the worst run, most unsuccessful club in the history of world sports.
Ah yes I have read a few of those mentioned posters and their rubbish.

You would think following the most powerful club of the last half a century wild give them a reason to be content.

I small a rat or 3 and I am an expert in Handbagger rats.

What eldo said.

It's been somewhat interesting to see the last 2 grand finals, but that's about it. Unless Hawthorn is playing the games are just something to have on in the background while doing other stuff.

The AFL's line of "nothing to see here, move along" when dealing with the drug cheats has actually risen to include the rest of the competition, there literally is "nothing to see" anymore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Word of advice, change the title to something along the lines of: “are you interested in the progress of any of the other sides next year?” You’ll get more of the discussion you’re after. The word excited is a negative trigger word.

Having said that, I’m not interested in anyone else this year. I was vaguely interested in West Coast last year and the two expansion sides they year they entered the comp. On the other hand, I do get excited by watching Essendon and Carlton spudding it up

Last edited:
I find myself, when Hawthorn are out of the window basically supporting every team that Geelong plays that weekend. It's quite enjoyable.
Agreed. But expanding on this, it isn't so much who I would like to see win but rather who I would like to see get thrashed, my passionate dislike of some teams like Geelong, Sydney, Cheats, Suns, GWS, etc, may at times drive my support for their opponents.I also support any team that will help further our ladder position/finals chances. If that means supporting one of the teams that I passionately dislike, then I'm happy to take one for the team.

On SM-G900I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Poor rogiebear93! There's no such thing as an "off season" for us hawthorn fanatics. We're one eyed 12 months a year. It's like an illness. There's no such thing as getting excited about an opposition team & there's no such thing as wanting to watch another mob. It's blasphemy. Nice try to create a conversation though ... pre-season will be here soon enough.

Last edited:
I have been lost to the game a bit and rarely watch other teams (vegging out on a Friday night or on a rainy weekend day are exceptions). My only interest is the Hawks, which is a shame because I used to love watching a good game whenever I got the chance. There are a number of reasons:

Don't have pay TV (rarely watch TV).
Reduced pool of games to watch on free to air (and advertising between goals).
Cringe worthy commentary
Umpiring inconsistency
Lack of ethics/virtue in the AFL media
Skeptic as far as the games integrity goes (Essendon saga, ambassador payments, Academies, free agent compensation, North in Tas undermining years of HFC investment, fixture anomalies, AFL's involvement in the political sphere, MRP chook lotto etc)

Back