Owners

Remove this Banner Ad

At the KC? Was that in protest of the owners?

Yeah think I've mentioned a few times on here how many have been boycotting for a few years now. Getting beyond a joke that they haven't sold up despite having so many solid bids on the table.

So it looks like Portsmouth is about to change ownership. Was listening to a podcast that had their manager on and he mentioned how well the Supporters Trust have done but he (and they) recognised that they needed an owner with money to takeover if they wanted to progress back up the football league.

As for the guy that looks like taking over, well he used to be the chief executive of Walt Disney:

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...ael-eisner-outlines-portsmouth-takeover-plans

"My vision is to go all the way but do it slowly, methodically, and fiscally responsibly. I know the fans will become impatient. I have to express the idea of patience and long-term thinking. Don't make knee-jerk decisions, don't fire managers in a season and don't do things that just make no sense.

"This is not the only way to go. They could keep the team, the club, the way it is now. They do need financial help. If they keep it exactly the way it is now they will probably stay in League One or League Two for a while. I'm not the only game in town. I think I'm a competent game because I have done this kind of thing with two sports teams, with a movie company, with Disney. I'm a reasonable choice."

Eisner has offered £5.6m to buy out the club's shareholders, and an initial £10m injection of equity.

He's certainly saying the right things for now and comes with decent credentials. I really hope that it works out for Portsmouth if they do go down this route - they certainly deserve some luck with owners after the debacle they went through last time.

So it looks like Portsmouth is about to change ownership. Was listening to a podcast that had their manager on and he mentioned how well the Supporters Trust have done but he (and they) recognised that they needed an owner with money to takeover if they wanted to progress back up the football league.

As for the guy that looks like taking over, well he used to be the chief executive of Walt Disney:

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...ael-eisner-outlines-portsmouth-takeover-plans

He's certainly saying the right things for now and comes with decent credentials. I really hope that it works out for Portsmouth if they do go down this route - they certainly deserve some luck with owners after the debacle they went through last time.
Suppose they'll take that Mickey Mouse league cup seriously if he does buy the club

I'll show myself out!

How likely is it? Those pricks do enjoy crippling that football club. If they can somehow stay on, I think they'd try it.

It's basically pay him 31m or give him control of the club for free.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On 22 May 1996, majority shareholder Owen Oyston was convicted of rape and indecent assault, and was sentenced to six years behind bars for what the judge described as “horrendous offences”. During his time in prison, he gave the reins to the self-titled ‘feminist’ Vicki Oyston, his wife who had stood by him throughout his rape conviction.

what the *...

so the 'fit and proper' test doesnt apply here?

We'll be the next entry I suspect. Sunderland as well, for slightly different reasons potentially.

I'd have Leyton Orient and Coventry currently ahead. Orient has been dying a rapid death for a side that looked ready to take on the Championship, and now they're not even in the FL anymore.

Coventry's decline is so... well, like a very slow acting poison that just withers everything about the club as it dies a slow painful death, and no one seems to notice. PL regulars not so long ago. Now on the verge of being homeless as the London Wasps has displaced them as the major billing in town. They were the original Wigan/Sunderland, but on a much larger scale, and now they are probably the most irrelevent of the established clubs in the country.

We're on track for our lowest average attendance in our stadium ever - and this stadium has seen League Two football.

But isn't most of that due to the fact your fans are taking a stand against corrupt ownership rather than the direness that plagues Sunderland? (Unless I missed something that said Sunderland fans are taking active protest against Short).

It's bad, but not as bad as the other two in my opinion. All these promises of selling, yet they scare anyone that dares to try and buy.

But isn't most of that due to the fact your fans are taking a stand against corrupt ownership rather than the direness that plagues Sunderland? (Unless I missed something that said Sunderland fans are taking active protest against Short).

It's bad, but not as bad as the other two in my opinion. All these promises of selling, yet they scare anyone that dares to try and buy.

I'm lost lol, what point are you trying to make comparing us to Sunderland? I said before that Sunderland are probably the least bad of the lot because they're just incompetently run - like QPR - not spitefully run.

I'd argue there is very little difference between Blackpool/Blackburn/Hull/Coventry, except a bit of luck here and there with recruitment/manager gambles. The owners of all four have absolute disdain and/or apathy towards the club and supporters.

I'm lost lol, what point are you trying to make comparing us to Sunderland? I said before that Sunderland are probably the least bad of the lot because they're just incompetently run - like QPR - not spitefully run.

I'd argue there is very little difference between Blackpool/Blackburn/Hull/Coventry, except a bit of luck here and there with recruitment/manager gambles. The owners of all four have absolute disdain and/or apathy towards the club and supporters.

Oh, just attendance figures, just all. Never we mind about that, I was just thinking more about their attendance figures, which have gotten even more horrid.

At the end of the day, I guess you are right. All four groups would argue theirs in the worst. Though as a neutral, I think the other three are worse, because prior to the current season, at least you guys still had your performances. The others didn't. (In Coventry's case, it's almost as if they lost the will to really protest. They look dead).

I still think you guys should be able to recover, but I do hope something good comes in terms of an owner change soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back