Toast Cain Liddle

Remove this Banner Ad

How does his role at aligned fitness relate to his new role at Carlton. Going off that you’d have to assume he’d have to step down if it’s an owned entity of Richmond.

It relates in that he organise alternative revenue streams. Yes, he would step down and we would look for other ventures.

Happy enough with the appointment but the proof will be in the pudding.

It's too easy to distrust both journalists and clubs. In this case I believe the journo's narrative that Lethlean basically had the job when they sacked Trigg and the board back flipped. Our own solid ITK poster also ran with it. I'm absolutely happy to be proven wrong but that's the most likely truth from what I've seen/read/heard.

If so, as a member I've lost a lot of confidence in the board. As I said above, I am happy for them to clarify & prove me wrong.

Just keep buying them Carlton stuff.
Good luck.
The older one has been very pro blues to date, but has started to realise other people like different teams. So far I think he is trolling us (he's 3) but he is starting to think he has a choice in the matter.

Younger one has just started his indoctrination.

It's too easy to distrust both journalists and clubs. In this case I believe the journo's narrative that Lethlean basically had the job when they sacked Trigg and the board back flipped. Our own solid ITK poster also ran with it. I'm absolutely happy to be proven wrong but that's the most likely truth from what I've seen/read/heard.
If so, as a member I've lost a lot of confidence in the board. As I said above, I am happy for them to clarify & prove me wrong.

It's OK to be cynical, but we do also have to leave some scope for the possibility of all things being above board (no pun intended)
MLG today declined to come onto SEN and he may have just been busy or simply didn't care for the obvious questions that would have been posed.

I'll leave it at this:
a. Should everything continue to run smoothly, then maybe we simply did our own bit of media manipulating. Not too bad an idea, if so.
b. If MLG is no longer President come March, then there may have been something fishy about our 'methods' through this appointment.

Maybe MLG didn't go on SEN because of how they acted after the Trigg announcement.

Maybe he has no need to front the media at all, but given this was a terrific opportunity to sell the virtues of the boards decision, is it an opportunity missed, or could it just add more fuel to the speculation of how and why this appointment came about?

We know MLG isn't a good spokesperson for the CFC and maybe it was his decision to clamp-up or maybe it was others adding weight for him to do so.

Maybe he has no need to front the media at all, but given this was a terrific opportunity to sell the virtues of the boards decision, is it an opportunity missed, or could it just add more fuel to the speculation of how and why this appointment came about?

We know MLG isn't a good spokesperson for the CFC and maybe it was his decision to clamp-up or maybe it was others adding weight for him to do so.

Damned either way. Those who went hard early are still looking to justify their position rather than give credit for the outcome. A CEO isn't going to inspire supporters. Bugger all marketing opportunity to be had and what there is, will be on our website.

I'm sure Liddle himself will front the media and they can't ask him about Trigg or his hiring process.

Damned either way. Those who went hard early are still looking to justify their position rather than give credit for the outcome. A CEO isn't going to inspire supporters. Bugger all marketing opportunity to be had and what there is, will be on our website.

I'm sure Liddle himself will front the media and they can't ask him about Trigg or his hiring process.

You are right in that a CEO appointment alone doesn't inspire the masses, but it's still an opportunity to highlight as to how and why the club are heading in the right direction.
It just got a little messy with Trigg (a board appointment) and given what has gone down, I'm not against staying just a little low for now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, those that went hard early were probably dying to save their material on here like Warner was hanging onto his very strange “exclusive”

The club said there’d be a process, there was a process and a candidate was chosen. End of story

The board, admin and coaching/list management team rock

Caught up with a few mates at the midnight oil concert last night, one of them knows Cain very very well. He was shocked that Liddle was chosen on the premise that he’s a very nondescript bloke that downplays what he does. Never knew he was in a position to be a CEO as he’s just one of the fellas when they catch up.

Cain’s very good mates with Damien Barrett so that’s one stalker that won’t be writing anything negative. On the flip side, if Barrett starts getting some good intel on Carlton you’ll know where he’s getting it from.....

Last edited:

I've gained confidence in the board.

I’ve said this before but it’s always hard to know what goes on at board level. So bit hard to pass judgment on the whole process. If we made made a informal approach to another candidate and then later reneged on the offer, highly unlikely the club will say anything publicly about it.

Maybe there’s no conspiracy to the whole CEO thing Lethlean may have been in the box seat but the interview process revealed a more suitable candidate..

Makes far too much sense Eskie, blindingly obvious from where I’m sitting but some people can’t help themselves.

It’s actually piss funny how wrong so many people on this site and journalists got it

Maybe there’s no conspiracy to the whole CEO thing Lethlean may have been in the box seat but the interview process revealed a more suitable candidate..

Maybe it's as simple as that.

If though the CFC saw the way we were viewed, it wouldn't have been out of the question for them to contrive a situation where everyone would be putting one and one together that would ultimately have lead them to an embarrassing end.
That would have been somewhat cheeky and maybe even unlikely, but if they did............................ :)

Makes far too much sense Eskie, blindingly obvious from where I’m sitting but some people can’t help themselves.

It’s actually piss funny how wrong so many people on this site and journalists got it

Which part is blindingly obvious and what which facts have you in hand to state as such?

There's every chance that there has been some 'funny' business has gone down and it's remarkable that anyone can unequivocally state that this has not been the case. What facts are you armed with to make this claim? I'm interested.

Probably.

Though wouldn't be surprised to learn that MLG was pushing for Lethlean and Jenkins/Judd wanted to go a different way.

Didn't barrass say Lethlean would be CEO as a matter of fact a while back? Would indicate something changed between then and now.

Which part is blindingly obvious and what which facts have you in hand to state as such?

There's every chance that there has been some 'funny' business has gone down and it's remarkable that anyone can unequivocally state that this has not been the case. What facts are you armed with to make this claim? I'm interested.

We're all armed with the same evidence. Unless the club chooses to speak about the selection process in depth, which I suspect it won't, then it's all tinfoil hat theorising. Good luck to our new CEO in growing our membership base and alternative revenue streams.

Could be anything.

And sometimes mistakes lead you to a good place.

Didn't we end up SOS because MLG was rumoured to have gone rogue and tried to poach Wright from the Hawks without approval?

I'm happy to take the appointment on face value. His strengths appear to address a major (and ongoing) weakness of ours, low membership numbers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back