Verbal Faux Pas, Jargon, Cliches, Boganisms, etc

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm pretty sure Megan Hustwaite on SEN referred to Ben Simmons as "The Big White Hope". WTF? :D

ben-simmons-julie-simmons-2.jpg

Last edited:

Female newsreader on 3aw: "Luke Hodge's former Hawthorn teammates say there's no hard feelings following his deflection to Brisbane"

Last week on the SEN breakfast show they were talking about brushes with fame. Someone rang in to say that they got close to Jimmy Page, and Garry Lyon said, "who's he? I've never heard of him." Tim Watson replied: "What? Are you serious? He's the lead singer of Led Zeppelin"

Female newsreader on 3aw: "Luke Hodge's former Hawthorn teammates say there's no hard feelings following his deflection to Brisbane"

Last week on the SEN breakfast show they were talking about brushes with fame. Someone rang in to say that they got close to Jimmy Page, and Garry Lyon said, "who's he? I've never heard of him." Tim Watson replied: "What? Are you serious? He's the lead singer of Led Zeppelin"

Ya, but how many league games did he play? And NO the VFA doesn't count.

That's just disrespectful

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pet hate of mine - posters on here who write "his" for "he's". Couple of serial offenders on the Dogs forum :triumph:
That one really gets to me, I get an angry twitch when I see it. It is an even worse one than their/there/they're because they don't even sound the same when you say them! FFS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back