Movie Rian Johnson Star Wars Trilogy

http://ew.com/movies/2017/11/09/ria...l&xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

The filmmaker has signed on to create an entirely new Star Wars trilogy, while The Force Awakens director J.J. Abrams is returning to take on 2019’s Episode IX.

As writer-director of The Last Jedi, Johnson conceived and realized a powerful film of which Lucasfilm and Disney are immensely proud. In shepherding this new trilogy, which is separate from the episodic Skywalker saga, Johnson will introduce new characters from a corner of the galaxy that Star Wars lore has never before explored.

“We all loved working with Rian on The Last Jedi,” said Kathleen Kennedy, president of Lucasfilm. “He’s a creative force, and watching him craft The Last Jedi from start to finish was one of the great joys of my career. Rian will do amazing things with the blank canvas of this new trilogy.”

Really hoping this is set in the Old Republic, or takes a really unique, fresh look at the Galaxy.. and isn't set between III and IV.

darren-tan-thrawn-da.jpg
images.jpeg

Subscribing.

This confirms my theory.

This new trilogy will replace the Skywalker Saga and continue on for a couple decades like Lucas'.

Haven't they already said it's a self-contained examination of an area of the lore not previously explored?

I think it's more likely that the idea is to have this trilogy plus standalones fill the gap for the next 10-15 years before returning to the main saga.

My education.

They won't want it being too different from the familiar.

Right.

So that doesn't mean it has to be between III-IV but could instead revolve around a main character who is a Jedi and whose last name is Skywalker. They have a streaming service TV series coming out in 2019 that can pave the way for the movies.

It just came across as you trying to be flippant and silly but now seems that you genuinely believed it. My mistake.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Right.

So that doesn't mean it has to be between III-IV but could instead revolve around a main character who is a Jedi and whose last name is Skywalker. They have a streaming service TV series coming out in 2019 that can pave the way for the movies.

It just came across as you trying to be flippant and silly but now seems that you genuinely believed it. My mistake.

You could definitely tell a great story set in the Old Republic, don't get me wrong. And it would probably be more creative. But Disney aren't in the business of bold, creative blockbusters. The Skywalkers and the Empire have been a part of every movie and I can't see them ditching the Empire if they're putting the Skywalker family on the shelf. For a stand alone, maybe, but an entire trilogy? I can't see it happening.

You could definitely tell a great story set in the Old Republic, don't get me wrong. And it would probably be more creative. But Disney aren't in the business of bold, creative blockbusters. The Skywalkers and the Empire have been a part of every movie and I can't see them ditching the Empire if they're putting the Skywalker family on the shelf. For a stand alone, maybe, but an entire trilogy? I can't see it happening.
I'm 95% sure it will be Old Republic. They literally say it's an area never before explored in the movies. So that by definition means it can't be within the saga.

It's kind of a paradox. Star Wars is set across a galaxy but the movies will probably always have the same sort of things in them.
The han solo film is a comedy film loosely in the vein of an oceans 11, rogue one was a grim war film. What "Same sort of things" do they have?

Han, Lando, Chewbacca, Empire, Rebellion, Millenium Falcon, Tatooine, Jabba, Stormtroopers, Rebel fighters etc will all be in Solo: A Star Wars Story.

And all of those were in Rogue One were they?

Next you'll say there are stars in both. :)

Like, seriously, what is your point?

My point is apparently beyond you.

Your point that "there are lots of things that these movies will always have". Er, yeah, profound point that.

Back