List Mgmt. 2017 Draft Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Preparing for an all-time board meltdown when Coffield is available at 9 and we don't pick him.
If this happens I will be absolutely fuming. FUMING.

Not even halfway mentally prepared for if we take Constable over Coffield, dear god I swear I'll go full Doggy/MD!

I have nfi of course, I just like the idea of picking another bulldogs supporter and he seems to posses all the attributes we need.

I have nfi of course, I just like the idea of picking another bulldogs supporter and he seems to posses all the attributes we need.
The "tall utility from Eltham" thing he has going has suited us well in the past few drafts.
Being the NK captain I assume he fits the personality requirements for us too.

Preparing for an all-time board meltdown when Coffield is available at 9 and we don't pick him.
I think that is exactly what will happen..
Coffield, Constable, Clark & Murphy all seem to be the preference of many on this thread...

I personally think Bonar, Fogarty, Higgins or Brander would be the forst four we consider at 9..

Safe to assume LDU, Raynor, Dow, Cerra & Brayshaw are off the table.. could also place Stephenson in that group as well.

In my view Constable & Clark may still be available at 16.

Really starting to think 16 is going to be a classic Dal reach. Especially since it's our last before 82. Thinking Ballard, Starcevich, Miers, Ross, Shipley, someone like that.

And of course we'll all blow up and we'll all be wrong.
It's been interesting for me, who doesn't follow the draft prospects closely, to observe the commentary on here by you guys who do watch the kids closely.

Five years ago epic melts could be absolutely relied upon on draft night and for weeks thereafter. And before the draft, the trepidation and cynicism about how we'll f*ck it up was there to see in almost every post.

Fast forward to now, and I observe a quiet confidence that, even if the club doesn't pick someone we'd expect them to, Dalrymple will probably nail it and within a few years the kid will be All Australian.

A Premiership changes a lot of things.... A Bont also helps....

If this happens I will be absolutely fuming. FUMING.

Not even halfway mentally prepared for if we take Constable over Coffield, dear god I swear I'll go full Doggy/MD!

Far out , someone have the Bex on standby for our mate Rookie come draft night !

It's been interesting for me, who doesn't follow the draft prospects closely, to observe the commentary on here by you guys who do watch the kids closely.

Five years ago epic melts could be absolutely relied upon on draft night and for weeks thereafter. And before the draft, the trepidation and cynicism about how we'll f*ck it up was there to see in almost every post.

Fast forward to now, and I observe a quiet confidence that, even if the club doesn't pick someone we'd expect them to, Dalrymple will probably nail it and within a few years the kid will be All Australian.

A Premiership changes a lot of things.... A Bont also helps....
Great observation, and I completely agree. It's nice to have a bit of confidence, and personally I learned my lesson from complaining about Bont over Aish, and full melting over our 2014 draft haul. Now even if Dal picks someone I have no interest in, my reaction will consist at most of a raised eyebrow, plus a growing excitement wondering how this kid will prove me wrong.

Twomey linking Naughton to St Kilda now in addition to Collingwood and Freo, good news for us

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Naughton looks good. If dogs needed a kpd I'd be keen. Being a WA boy lowers the 'go home' risk too. The Weller move would have some influence with their recruiters you'd think (although I acknowledge they did well out of it). For those that know naughton, how likely is it that freo pulls the trigger at 5 or too much of a reach?

Highlights:

Naughton looks good. If dogs needed a kpd I'd be keen. Being a WA boy lowers the 'go home' risk too. The Weller move would have some influence with their recruiters you'd think (although I acknowledge they did well out of it). For those that know naughton, how likely is it that freo pulls the trigger at 5 or too much of a reach?

Highlights:

He's from Victoria originally so even less go home factor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm now gunning for a Coffield/Bonar double. Wishful thinking that Bonar will slide to #16 but not totally out of the question.

Also like Murphy but seems likely now to be the late bolter into the Top 8.

Bonar is risky, not just the injury history. He won't be able to do what he is doing in TAC at VFL, let alone AFL in my opinion. I am not sure from the footage I have seen that he is that strong overhead, a clean handler and has elite vision or disposal skills (Stringer had them minus the marking). I would go Coffield/Cerra/Brayshaw/Stephenson at 9. If they are not available then Murphy. I would go Murphy/L Forgary/Bailey at 16 on a needs basis. One of them will definitely be available.

Balta is also one of the young guns in the draft. He could go before pick 9 or before pick 16. If we are not interested that would increase the chance of the sliders we are interested in from the perspective that we want quality outside mids and versatile forwards.

I can just imagine you with a warehouse, like at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark filled with boxes of Bex.
I hope not. For any of the young pups here who might not remember Bex...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bex_(compound_analgesic)

It was not quite in the league of asbestos but definitely a product better consigned to history. Sort of like 1066 ;). However King Harold has definitely got the cultural reference to "Bex and a good lie down" right. :thumbsu:

I remember a friend of my father who used to take several Bex and/or Vincents powders daily in the 1960s. (Vincents was a similar formulation that included the now-banned phenacetin). He eventually died of kidney disease. Could have been the alcohol he washed it down with, of course.

Actually now that I think about it, the Raiders of the Lost Ark reference could be very apt!

Balta is also one of the young guns in the draft. He could go before pick 9 or before pick 16. If we are not interested that would increase the chance of the sliders we are interested in from the perspective that we want quality outside mids and versatile forwards.
You think he could be a bolter then?

If the Swans are drafting for needs, they'll go one of Balta or Naughton.

Desperately need to develop a replacement for Grundy.

Haven't heard a single thing to suggest that Balta will rise high into the first round.

Haven't heard a single thing to suggest that Balta will rise high into the first round.

If someone picks up Balta at pick 26 or 27, different type of on-field role but essentially it would be the same as us when we picked up Toby McLean with a mid 20's pick. Should have gone higher.

If someone picks up Balta at pick 26 or 27, different type of on-field role but essentially it would be the same as us when we picked up Toby McLean with a mid 20's pick. Should have gone higher.
Why? He floats in and out of games and hasn't shown any real familiarity up forward or in the ruck. Lacks game awareness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back