Opinion Which other AFL club are you most excited to watch next year?

Which other AFL club are you most excited to watch next year?

• Adelaide

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 15 15.0%
  • Carlton

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Collingwood

• Essendon

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Fremantle

• Geelong

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Gold Coast

• GWS

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 11 11.0%
  • North Melbourne

• Port Adelaide

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Richmond

• St Kilda

• Sydney

• West Coast

• Western Bulldogs

• None. Zip. Zilch.

Votes: 54 54.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendrug.

For when this part of their season inevitably happens...

2042915_o.gif

I don't have a particular team I am interested in watching but I do enjoy a good match so I start to watch most games that are on FTA, if they grab me I will keep watching of not the channel gets changed. I do also sometimes enjoy watching a team full of youngsters getting their first win, makes me happy to see them so happy :) Concur with others who say it's fun watching Cats, Bombers and Swans get belted :D

Picked Brisbane but only to see how Hodge goes. Interest will drop off shortly after our first game against them.

I am curious about which team puts 200+ on Norf next year.
This

And yeah there's some other manufactured narratives out there that will interesting. Hopefully watching Geelong, Essendon and Adelaide fail this year will be enjoyable.

Well Andy and I are already making plans to see the great Hodgey in his two games against us, one in Tassie and one in Brisbane.

We won’t be watching the rest of the Brisbane team though!

After the Hawks found themselves in a bit of a tough spot this year, I found myself watching more opposition team games and though I dislike a lot of them I did find myself barracking for a few of them.

I find myself, now more than before, wanting Brisbane to improve. I'd like to see Fagan succeed, I think Hodge will be amazing for them and they have some really exciting young players and not too many established players that I dislike.

The bonus point is that now the Hawks have dropped off a bit, we won't get the oppositions best all the time and beating us is no longer seen as a 'coming of age' for aspiring teams. It makes it a bit easier to have the guard down and support other clubs!
Worst post ever!

I have been lost to the game a bit and rarely watch other teams (vegging out on a Friday night or on a rainy weekend day are exceptions). My only interest is the Hawks, which is a shame because I used to love watching a good game whenever I got the chance. There are a number of reasons:

Don't have pay TV (rarely watch TV).
Reduced pool of games to watch on free to air (and advertising between goals).
Cringe worthy commentary
Umpiring inconsistency
Lack of ethics/virtue in the AFL media
Skeptic as far as the games integrity goes (Essendon saga, ambassador payments, Academies, free agent compensation, North in Tas undermining years of HFC investment, fixture anomalies, AFL's involvement in the political sphere, MRP chook lotto etc)

This!!!
How the hell did North get the tassie academy before us! Has me perplexed!
Really disenchanted with the AFL, so in question to which other sides I like to watch 0

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you’ll manage when you found out the reasons they voted Essendon. Because it’s exciting to see them lose & fail
anyone on bigfooty can vote if they find the poll

After the Hawks found themselves in a bit of a tough spot this year, I found myself watching more opposition team games and though I dislike a lot of them I did find myself barracking for a few of them.

I find myself, now more than before, wanting Brisbane to improve. I'd like to see Fagan succeed, I think Hodge will be amazing for them and they have some really exciting young players and not too many established players that I dislike.

The bonus point is that now the Hawks have dropped off a bit, we won't get the oppositions best all the time and beating us is no longer seen as a 'coming of age' for aspiring teams. It makes it a bit easier to have the guard down and support other clubs!

I wanted to vote for Melbourne Storm, Arsenal and the New York Yankees.

But technically they aren’t AFL clubs.

Find it difficult to watch, much less enjoy a game of AFL if the Hawks aren't in it.

Find myself enjoying just about any game that pops up on NITV. Quite often that means a NEAFL game, and the NT Thunder at that, but I dont mind some of the other games they show as well. Saw the Riverina GF, a Nor West WA league GF (Derby and?), womens league games etc. Real mixed bag, complete amateur hour at times, but much better to watch a genuine game of footy without the AFL tarting it up and ruining it. I could go on, but Great 2008 summed it up perfectly in his post above.

There was a time when I did care about other games, I grew up on match of the day and the spectacle of good footy. Now its a forcefeeding of the syds and giants, and whatever other scraps they want to talk up. FFS, in all my years ive never even seen a SA or WA derby on free to air in NSW. Never. How can that be good for promotion of the game, let alone reward or even interesting to a footy fan?

Hawks or nothing. And * you very much AFL house for letting the game get to that point.

I voted Geelong, the looks of confusion on selwood and mission accomplished' faces as they fail yet again with ablett will be priceless.
Bradkli must have been the other one then.

Back