• Michael Hurley

Votes: 88 28.0%
  • Alex Rance

Votes: 226 72.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Hurley that was outmarked by Gary Rohan looked a lot more like Marty Gleeson - and was wearing Gleesons number.
Classic case of someone learning all about the game from what they read on Bigfooty - someone posted the same error after that game.

BTW Rance was brilliant in the GF. No shame in Hurley being 2nd best to him.
I didn't read it, I saw it happen and saw the replay several times and swore it was Hurley.

There you go, I was wrong. And you're right, no shame in being a distant (current) second to the GOAT defender.

Rance is better than Hurley.

Having said that, I would love to see how Hurley would play with a good midfield actually stopping the other team waltzing through the middle like a parade.

Rance is better than Hurley.

Having said that, I would love to see how Hurley would play with a good midfield actually stopping the other team waltzing through the middle like a parade.

Rance put up with the same over the previous 3 seasons (worst pressure and tackling side in the comp) and has been AA and been seen as the best defender over that period also

Hard to believe this thread exists, I wouldnt mind Hurley in our team he is a good player one of the best defenders in the comp but to compare him with Rance well it is just silly.
Second best defender will always be compared the first. Unfortunately, Rance's final series put Hurley a fair bit behind.
I still maintain that Hurley is a much better kick and is better at starting an offensive chain.

Rance is like Jason Cloke. Plays on no-one. Intercepts well. Disposal quality once getting the ball can be doubtful at the best of times. Might explain why he handballs more than he kicks.

Hurley is basically thrown to the wolves every week playing on the big bastards. Handles it as well as anyone. Can kick 60m on both feet (and like Fletcher was in his time, quite effective when charged with kicking goals from long range).

It's Bonecrusher v Our Waverley Star really.

Rance put up with the same over the previous 3 seasons (worst pressure and tackling side in the comp) and has been AA and been seen as the best defender over that period also

I am not saying Hurley would be better than Rance.

Rance is a better player than Hurley.

All I want to see is how good Hurley could be if he had a good defensive midfield for once :)

Alex Ranch is way better ffs.. even that MGovern spud is better than Hurley.

Rance is like Jason Cloke. Plays on no-one. Intercepts well. Disposal quality once getting the ball can be doubtful at the best of times. Might explain why he handballs more than he kicks.

Hurley is basically thrown to the wolves every week playing on the big bastards. Handles it as well as anyone. Can kick 60m on both feet (and like Fletcher was in his time, quite effective when charged with kicking goals from long range).

It's Bonecrusher v Our Waverley Star really.

EF was damning for Hurley, his team mates were getting slaughtered and Hurley was still taking the third man option trying to intercept and run while his lesser team mates got slaughtered by Buddy and co.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rance is like Jason Cloke. Plays on no-one.
Ahh Pazza, if it wasn’t for the years of reading your posts I’d think you were trolling, but you no doubt genuinely believe this, which is even more concerning.

Anyone recall the last time he played on an opponent? Any opponent?
Hi Pazza.

The sport is AFL, it’s the most elite competition in the country....but you think an AA fullback plays on none and does his own thing.

Either pull your head out of your arse or be gone.

Hi Pazza.

The sport is AFL, it’s the most elite competition in the country....but you think an AA fullback plays on none and does his own thing.

Either pull your head out of your arse or be gone.

It's all hype and ego. People fall for it all time on here and elsewhere. If you were a coach you would have Hurley. If you are a fan you want Rance.

It's all hype and ego. People fall for it all time on here and elsewhere. If you were a coach you would have Hurley. If you are a fan you want Rance.
No, it’s ability and output. Not one coach would knock back Rance.

You’re a clown. Be gone.

Rance plays on and beats quality opponents a lot more then Hurley does.
If you were a coach wanting a guy to get lots of cheap ball you would go Hurley, if you want a guy who can take on and beat the very best the opposition has to offer and hold togerthe a backline it's Rance.

Rance was the Norm Smith medalist at half time but the ball never went down his end after half time and his opponent from the game is still on a missing persons register.

Rance is clearly ahead of Hurley but some posters on here are clearly underrating Hurley.

Yeah you're right, Rance needs to rack up 30 touches in a 10 goal thumping like what Hurley did in the EF v Sydney. He just made such a big impact in that flogging. Thats what coaches love.

Lol nah I reckon if you were a coach you'd take his 3rd best on ground in a GF. As judged by the coaches.

No, it’s ability and output. Not one coach would knock back Rance.

You’re a clown. Be gone.
It's all good.
We're very happy for Essendon to have Hurley while we are stuck with Alex **4 time AA, AA Captain and Premiership Player** Rance.

Anyone recall the last time he played on an opponent? Any opponent?

yeh, daniher after half time at dreamtime at the G

go look at danihers stats from that point on

******* mauled him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back