Recruiting Draft Watch - Jones, Bryan, Johnson, Cahill, Hibberd in

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knightmare is saying he thinks we will be taking Worpel in his mock draft. Would be stoked if we did.

Something tells me though that Dodoro will try get cute with it and take a more speculative prospect as he tends to do.

Knightmare is saying he thinks we will be taking Worpel in his mock draft. Would be stoked if we did.

Something tells me though that Dodoro will try get cute with it and take a more speculative prospect as he tends to do.
Either way I'll back him in, it's insane the amount of work recruiters do and it's a lot more than any Bigfooty poster can possibly do. I'd love to have all the rescources they get to evaluate players haha

As our resident EFC board expert, how many TAC/Champs/VFL/All Stars games do you get to?
Give me a sec I'll have to go back on all the games I've been too haha. I've only watched VFL games online and on channel 7 for guys like Fritsch and Switcowski. I've watched nearly every game available online but live games I'll need to check back on my notes. I'm guessing over 40

Edit:
Pre Season Games: 8
TAC Games: 30
Champs: 5
School: 2

Last edited:

His last 4 3rd round picks have been Mutch, Brown, Fantasia and Gleeson.

If that's cute, I want to be cute

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it my imagination. Has there been less hype over the 2017 draft, compared to the last few drafts ? DPS may have some thoughts.
Hard to get as hyped when we had the first pick last year Haha. Nah seems about the same as always I think what team has the first pick plays a part.

Hard to get yourself up when you know you are selecting as speculative as us in the third round onwards.

If we had even one pick in the 20's, you might find us Essendon supporters a bit more excited. 48 is a long shot to make it

Hard to get yourself up when you know you are selecting as speculative as us in the third round onwards.

If we had even one pick in the 20's, you might find us Essendon supporters a bit more excited. 48 is a long shot to make it

That and most fans for the first time in a long time look at the list as the best shape it's been in for 15 years. Whoever we draft this year is unlikely to have much of an impact at senior level this year given the players they would need to leapfrog for a spot.

Reading plenty of mixed reviews on bigfooty about Worpel. Most teams think they have a crack at him as his range is on the 20s to 40s. Some posters even think he is tje Jonty Scharenberg of the draft. Think that his physical develop ment is at its peak kinda like Jarryd Cachia. Many think his kicking has also become such a problem it could see him fall to the rookie draft???

Reading plenty of mixed reviews on bigfooty about Worpel. Most teams think they have a crack at him as his range is on the 20s to 40s. Some posters even think he is tje Jonty Scharenberg of the draft. Think that his physical develop ment is at its peak kinda like Jarryd Cachia. Many think his kicking has also become such a problem it could see him fall to the rookie draft???
I don't think so. His weaknesses are only minor.

His last 4 3rd round picks have been Mutch, Brown, Fantasia and Gleeson.

If that's cute, I want to be cute
I wasnt necessarily talking 3rd rounders, just picks that are speculative over perhaps more obvious options.

And for every one of those guys, you have a Van Unen, Steinberg (over Luke Parker) or Morgan.

Worpel would be a great need/talent combo pick at 48. Sometimes the best option is the obvious one is all im saying.

I wasnt necessarily talking 3rd rounders, just picks y hat are speculative over perhaps more obvious options.

And for every one of those guys, you have a Van Unen, Steinberg (over Luke Parker) or Morgan.

Worpel would be a great need/talent combo pick at 48. Sometimes the best option is the obvious one is all im saying.
One of those three was a 3rd round pick

I agree and would be pretty happy if he dropped to us. It's just interesting to read the wide range of opinions on him. If knigjtmare has him in the 40s I reckon he will drop
Knightmare hasn't got the best track record with the mock drafts. If any Phantom draft poster will be close it will be bishop

One of those three was a 3rd round pick
Did you read the first sentence in my post you quoted?

The fact that Steinberg and Morgan were 2nd rounders further proves my point of Dodoro taking speculative options over the more obvious/less speculative picks (of which there are more of the latter in the first 2 rounds)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back