Votes: 88 28.0%
  • Alex Rance

Votes: 226 72.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That one went straight over your head;)

Nah. There was no unseen meaning in your response. It was just plain s**t.

Rance plays on and beats quality opponents a lot more then Hurley does.
If you were a coach wanting a guy to get lots of cheap ball you would go Hurley, if you want a guy who can take on and beat the very best the opposition has to offer and hold togerthe a backline it's Rance.

Rance was the Norm Smith medalist at half time but the ball never went down his end after half time and his opponent from the game is still on a missing persons register.

Let me summarise:

- Rance concedes more as a percentage of opposition than Hurley - consistently
- Rance was demolished this year more than Hurley
- Hurley has better disposal and wins more ball
- Rance played in a way better team this year
- Hurley plays fair
- Rance gets away with breaking the rules
- Rance played in a finals series beyond week 1. Hurley did not. Hurley's home and away season was better.
- Hurley was better in 2015, came back from a year off and still made AA

Even if Rance was actually outperforming Hurley in the above points, he is still a consistent scragger and therefore his footballing performances are null. Sorry.

Let me summarise:

- Hurley plays fair
- Rance played in a finals series beyond week 1. Hurley did not. Hurley's home and away season was better.

Even if Rance was actually outperforming Hurley in the above points, he is still a consistent scragger and therefore his footballing performances are null. Sorry.

Haha Hurley is a tall flanker.

Leading possession getter on the field V Sydney.

0 coaches votes. Totally ineffectual.

It's all hype and ego. People fall for it all time on here and elsewhere. If you were a coach you would have Hurley. If you are a fan you want Rance.

Let me summarise:

- Hurley plays fair

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

As a stopper Rance
Almost everything else I'd take Hurley

However, if I was making a team from scratch I'd take the best defender in the comp in Rance ahead of Hurley.

So you prefer cheap meaningless stats over the ability to dominate a game with 10 touches??

You cant say hurley in everything but stopping then say youd take rance lol

Let me summarise:

- Hurley plays fair

Lmfaoooo

Talia (Crows)
Rance
Hurley

Best 3 imo
McGovern would be my #2 personally, leading towards Talia at 3 and Hurley at 4 with Lynden Dunn (Heath Grundy) rounding it out at five. Special mentions to May, Astbury based on this year, the Port Adelaide trio and the like. There are some seriously good key defenders going around at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon Rance alone stopped 7 goals during the 1st half of the GF. Opposition forward lines plan around him and his impact. I've lost count the number of times he has saved our bacon or even just reduced the margin from a flogging to somewhere normal. After Richo, the best Tiger I have seen since I started watching ~1980.

For what it's worth, I also think Hurley is simply a fantastic player and will go down as a great of the game and of the Essendon FC, it's just that Rance may well go down as one of the greatest defenders in the history of the game.

You're right, I guess he did have a car to defend himself, but it becomes difficult to fight back when your attacker is IN the car.
Incident happened in the car?

Well you were alluding that Hurley wasn't to blame were you not?
Lol. Comprehension not your strong point I see.

Now I understand, you weren't making things up or lying. Just stupid.

Hurley is on a similar level to Astbury, McGovern, Tarrant, Grundy etc. and there is nothing wrong with that, but comparing him to a player that is on a completely different stratosphere completely flatters Hurley.

Astbury is levels below the 3 you have mentioned.
Rance > Hurley >> Talia = McGovern > Tarrant = Grundy >> Astbury.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back