List Mgmt. 2017 Draft Discussion (cont in Pt 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no way Cerra gets to us imo. I think Collingwood would pounce, funniky enough I think it's LDU who slides to Freos 2nd if Brisbane don't take him, as silly as it sounds.

That was kind of my point. 7/8 are not the best picks , but there WILL be good players left there.
The 6 teams in front of us can't select the 8 best players.

On Murphy - The last 2 "out of nowhere" bolters we have seen in recent times where Clayton Oliver and Bontempelli.

If the club have Murphy lined up and think he fits in our list build then Im happy to back them in.

Pies reportedly looking at him with pick 6 also alongside Coffield so we arent alone in thinking there is something to work with.

On Murphy - The last 2 "out of nowhere" bolters we have seen in recent times where Clayton Oliver and Bontempelli.

If the club have Murphy lined up and think he fits in our list build then Im happy to back them in.

Pies reportedly looking at him with pick 6 also alongside Coffield so we arent alone in thinking there is something to work with.
realistically you could call Boekhorst and out of nowhere bolter as well .. that brings the hit rate back a fair bit ..

Then on the flip side, Cripps, Merret, Lever & co all went teens recently.. there’s no perfect formula.. just have to hope we get it right.

realistically you could call Boekhorst and out of nowhere bolter as well .. that brings the hit rate back a fair bit ..

He was more of a ‘out of the blue selection’ as was Doedoee where as Bont and Oliver were climbing the draft rankings before the actual draft, so they were not surprise selections - which is similar to what is happening with Murphy ATM.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

L.Fog & Constable look like bargain picks if they fall in the teens.

What's the deal with Constable? Looks like an absolute inside general, but drilling kicks like Nathan Buckley across the ground. Not what we are crying out for, but has some serious authority to his game.

L.Fog has insane agility/balance, spacial awareness, speed, neat skills, and a tackling mad-man. Can make things happen in tight, link up across the ground, and apply wicked pressure.

Wish we had one more top 20 pick......

Any chance Milney's son Miers falls to our 3rd pick?

If Bailey is still around at our later picks would we go for him? Not sure about him but there’s something about him.

On that note do we just go for midfielders/medium forwards with all our picks?

If Bailey is still around at our later picks would we go for him? Not sure about him but there’s something about him.

On that note do we just go for midfielders/medium forwards with all our picks?

I would hope so. We need more of then and we need certain types of mids. 50% will fail so we need 4 mids to hopefully get 2 very good players.

What's the deal with Constable? Looks like an absolute inside general, but drilling kicks like Nathan Buckley across the ground. Not what we are crying out for, but has some serious authority to his game.
Constable with authority, I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back