Why can't Adelaide retain players?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What lines?
Your president calls out the playing group publicly
Your players assault cops, drink drive, involve themselves in perfromance enhancing drugs programs
Your fans throw all sorts of racist diatribe all over social media. I've even seen one at a Port home game piss in a cup on the hill and throw it all over the crowd of your own fans.

These are all facts...not conjecture or rumours...

The ones I cant prove, but know to be true are even worse.
OK so here is what you've arbitrarily thrown out as fact
1. President calls out the playing group
The chairman Kochy did call out the playing group its true but I would prefer him to do it than to say nothing if he sees an issue. While I don't think what he did was perfect, a good message was sent that the club wants a 100% commitment to the cause.
2. Your players assault the cops
Assumingly you're talking about Ryder, well a person is afforded the right to be presumed innocent until found guilty in a court of law - so No
3. Your players drink and drive
That's a wide open statement Impey was convicted of driving without due care was fined but didn't lose his license. You must be thinking of Ronnie Burns and Laurence Angwin DUI offences and I remember Graham Johncock got fined for the same charge as Impey. And of course Matthew Jaench lost his license for DUI when he was injured and Rory Laird lost his license this year speeding offences
4. Involve themselves in perfromance enhancing drugs programs
I suppose you're talking about Ryder and Monfries they were playing for Essendon you ****ing dingus
5. Fans are racist
You can't paint the actions of a handful of people as the norm. Club did a great job in handling an awful situation and we have the best indigenous academy in the AFL and as many or more indigenous players as any club in the league.
6. Fan behaviour
Every club has their bad supporters there's even abusive Norwood and Sturt supporters.
7. And there's worse I can't prove
What you wrote was bullshit so what you can't prove would be high level libelous garbage.

OK so here is what you've arbitrarily thrown out as fact
1. President calls out the playing group
The chairman Kochy did call out the playing group its true but I would prefer him to do it than to say nothing if he sees an issue. While I don't think what he did was perfect, a good message was sent that the club wants a 100% commitment to the cause. He's not the man to be doing that kind of thing. Its unprofessional
2. Your players assault the cops

Assumingly you're talking about Ryder, well a person is afforded the right to be presumed innocent until found guilty in a court of law - so No Have you not seen the video? I also know someone that witnessed it. He knows full well he did it or why would he apologise if he hasnt done anything?
3. Your players drink and drive

That's a wide open statement Impey was convicted of driving without due care was fined but didn't lose his license. You must be thinking of Ronnie Burns and Laurence Angwin DUI offences and I remember Graham Johncock got fined for the same charge as Impey. And of course Matthew Jaench lost his license for DUI when he was injured and Rory Laird lost his license this year speeding offences Yeah Impey had just been drinking all day and managed to crash his car but he definitely wasnt drunk...
4. Involve themselves in perfromance enhancing drugs programs

I suppose you're talking about Ryder and Monfries they were playing for Essendon you ****ing dingus And you recruited them. They are convicted drug cheats whether you like it or not.
5. Fans are racist

You can't paint the actions of a handful of people as the norm. Club did a great job in handling an awful situation and we have the best indigenous academy in the AFL and as many or more indigenous players as any club in the league. Not painting it as the norm, but it certainly seems more prevalent in your fan base than others.
6. Fan behaviour

Every club has their bad supporters there's even abusive Norwood and Sturt supporters.
7. And there's worse I can't prove
What you wrote was bullshit so what you can't prove would be high level libelous garbage.
There are incidents I know of that are factual. One of which involves a new Port recruit, but as I cant provide any evidence I will not claim it as fact.

How does DangerSloane always know someone that witnessed an incident lol.. can ya smell that? that's right it's Bullshit!

Oh so you think he didnt assault hte officer and the police investigation is what...run by a crows supporter seeking some kinda unwarranted penalty?
He pretty much admitted to doing it but said dont judge me.
Dont judge me is another way of saying I did it but I regret it.

Open your eyes sunshine.

Oh so you think he didnt assault hte officer and the police investigation is what??? run by a crows supporter seeking some kinda unwarranted penalty.
He pretty much admitted to doing it but said dont judge me.
Dont judge me is another way of saying I did it but I regret it.

Open your eyes sunshine.
I just think you are the biggest bullshitter on this site.. own it little man

I just think you are the biggest bullshitter on this site.. own it little man

Do you have testimony to the contrary?
So my evidence is trumped by your lack of evidence? Cool...

I notice Impey left? Maybe the port lads were pissed that he crashed into their cars while doing drunken donuts?

Or are those witnesses making it up too?

He's the head of the club - and culture is built from the top. He shouldn't be involved in on-field issues. He went to the absolute line and may have stepped over a bit, but for a good cause

Do you have testimony to the contrary?
So my evidence is trumped by your lack of evidence? Cool...

I notice Impey left? Maybe the port lads were pissed that he crashed into their cars while doing drunken donuts?

Or are those witnesses making it up too?

Doesn't work like that or else I could say that x person or player is a ladyboy and until you prove otherwise its proven true by your lack of evidence to the contrary :rainbow:

Q: "why cant adelaide retain players"
A: "because it's true"

Well then you've broken new ground on the topic... "Enviable Tradition".

Here's a tip, nobody is enviable of your tradition. Not us and certainly not any team from outside SA.
Triggered

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

He's the head of the club - and culture is built from the top. He shouldn't be involved in on-field issues. He went to the absolute line and may have stepped over a bit, but for a good cause

Not doubting his passion or what he was trying to do. The guy has done great things for your club, even though hes a douchebag.

He just forgot for a second that he was part of a professional organisation and not just a fan.

Doesn't work like that or else I could say that x person or player is a ladyboy and until you prove otherwise its proven true by your lack of evidence to the contrary :rainbow:

I dont know what part of video evidence you dont understand.
I mean I can understand port fans not being able to read...but this is on video!

Last edited:
Not doubting his passion or what he was trying to do. The guy has done great things for your club, even though hes a douchebag.

He just forgot for a second that he was part of a professional organisation and not just a fan.
Yeah well the leaders of our club really do personify what our clubs are about

1 Kochy - leader - nationally recognised - ratings winner, leader in his field
2. Chapman - leader - blue blood college boy banker big rock in a small pond

All jokes aside I think Adelaide is a hard place to live if you aren’t from there.

It’s a beautiful little city but it is ummmmmm different and I imagine would be hard to adjust to

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah well the leaders of our club really do personify what our clubs are about

1 Kochy - leader - nationally recognised - ratings winner, leader in his field
2. Chapman - leader - blue blood college boy banker big rock in a small pond

Id say given Chapman gets offered positions on boards of tens of companies a year and is often a mediator or advisor for big corporate deals, that he is also a leader in his field.
I really dont think this one is worth following up...

If i wanted to be broad and derogatory I could just say Kochie is a TV kiss-ass and Chapman is a shrewd businessman, but there's obviously more to both people.

All jokes aside I think Adelaide is a hard place to live if you aren’t from there.

It’s a beautiful little city but it is ummmmmm different and I imagine would be hard to adjust to

Lacks a good nightlife due to the age of the population.
The fact is there's not a lot of big business here, so a lot of young people move interstate for opportunity.

Although these days there's a lot more cool eclectic bars popping up.
I dont really understand that as a negative though. I mean the guys hardly go out drinking during the season, and they can spend their holidays wherever they like.

If you live in Adelaide the first thing that people will ask someone they don't know is - Where did you go to school, and that pretty much decides where you sit in Adelaide heirarchy.

Id say given Chapman gets offered positions on boards of tens of companies a year and is often a mediator or advisor for big corporate deals, that he is also a leader in his field.
I really dont think this one is worth following up...

If i wanted to be broad and derogatory I could just say Kochie is a TV kiss-ass and Chapman is a shrewd businessman, but there's obviously more to both people.
I would guarantee that Kochie has overcome plenty more hurdles than Chapman would have ever encountered.

I would guarantee that Kochie has overcome plenty more hurdles than Chapman would have ever encountered.

Overcoming hurdles doesn't make you any more of a man or good operator than someone who has.
Just because you were born into a well off family doesn't make your achievements any less.

When port fans bring up culture...thats when it goes down hill.

a Richmond fan brought up culture in the second post. the whole league knows the Adelaide Crows are a hollow franchise yet when they all tell you, you scream "Portz!!!!" lol. you yourself don't even get how a 100 year old footy club is any more attractive to a young player than the Gold Coast Suns, that's the real problem

If you live in Adelaide the first thing that people will ask someone they don't know is - Where did you go to school, and that pretty much decides where you sit in Adelaide heirarchy.

How old are you?
Certainly doesnt happen much once you hit your 20s.
Sounds like you're just upset you sit at the bottom of the hierarchy.

Last edited:
a Richmond fan brought up culture in the second post. the whole league knows the Adelaide Crows are a hollow franchise yet when they all tell you, you scream "Portz!!!!" lol

"the whole league knows"
Yes I'm sure that's the case...and not just made up in your own head.

I wonder if the whole league is happy you're speaking for them?
Are port fans the only ones that arent aware that Port Adelaide Power are a franchise, and a newer one at that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back