Why can't Adelaide retain players?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id say given Chapman gets offered positions on boards of tens of companies a year and is often a mediator or advisor for big corporate deals, that he is also a leader in his field.
I really dont think this one is worth following up...

If i wanted to be broad and derogatory I could just say Kochie is a TV kiss-ass and Chapman is a shrewd businessman, but there's obviously more to both people.

Lol Chapman got booted from being the CEO at St George in Sydney in under a year and came back to Adelaide with his tail between his legs.

It might not happen at Hackam West or Salisbury North but maybe you should head out to Norwood or Hyde Park.

I lived in Norwood up until a couple of years ago.
Happens until you hit your 20s and then people realise there's a lot more to life it seems...

FWIW I hate that question too, even though I'd fall on the right side of the ledger.

Lol Chapman got booted from being the CEO at St George in Sydney in under a year and came back to Adelaide with his tail between his legs.

Ah yes, no successful person has ever been fired as a CEO.
Never mind that he quit and wasnt fired also...where did you hear he was fired? Someone you know?

you dont business much do you?

Q: "why cant adelaide retain players"
A: "because it's true"
Well then you've broken new ground on the topic... "Enviable Tradition".
Here's a tip, nobody is enviable of your tradition. Not us and certainly not any team from outside SA.

Followed by:

"the whole league knows"
Yes I'm sure that's the case...and not just made up in your own head.
I wonder if the whole league is happy you're speaking for them?

Happens until you hit your 20s and then people realise there's a lot more to life it seems...

FWIW I hate that question too, even though I'd fall on the right side of the ledger.

The good old Norwood Hotel was a great place for a Bev and to meet young ladies.

I lived in Qld at that time so was ok but many a mate made the error of telling a young lady he was from Melbourne and went from good very well to alone in less than a heart beat.

The good old Norwood Hotel was a great place for a Bev and to meet young ladies.

I lived in Qld at that time so was ok but many a mate made the error of telling a young lady he was from Melbourne and went from good very well to alone in less than a heart beat.

The Norwood, is that the Irish one on the corner?
Not thinking of the Bath or Robin Hood? Might have had different names over time...

Mary McKillop doesn't really count as an elite private school.

Never said elite private school.
Also referring to a male as a female in a derogatory sense is a) not an insult and b) the calling card of someone stuck in the 80s.

Nice try though. Maybe you should stick to throwing bananas rather than insults?

The Norwood, is that the Irish one on the corner?
Not thinking of the Bath or Robin Hood? Might have had different names over time...

No idea what it is now but it was simply the Norwood Hotel when I went there.

That and the General Havelock were the places I attempted to work my magic. Operative word “attempted”

It starts again as you get older - when you start to get decision making roles particularly. Here's a tip for young players - wear a Stanford, Harvard, Oxford or Cambridge University T shirt to an office function that your CEO is attending. However, if you haven't been to said Uni do not lie and say you've studied there. No I went and had a look while travelling is an appropriate answer(You will be asked) . You will be noticed anyway - having some talent is helpful of course.
If you get the opportunity to go to one of these schools even for a short time do not pass it up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Theory:

The Crows have become modern day Woodville Woodpeckers.

Created to stop Port Adelaide, and having some success at that single modus operandi for a few years (by blocking our AFL entry), before becoming a completely and utterly pointless excercise in pissant decision making by the languid old Adelaide establishment.

Lucky for those pushing the Crows sole cause of one upping Port Adelaide that Richmond won, otherwise those poor Camries would be completely lost having to derive enjoyment from their own accomplishments instead of our failings.

#ShouldaBeenNorwood

Theory:

The Crows have become modern day Woodville Woodpeckers.

Created to stop Port Adelaide, and having some success at that single modus operandi for a few years (by blocking our AFL entry), before becoming a completely and utterly pointless excercise in pissant decision making by the languid old Adelaide establishment.

Lucky for those pushing the Crows sole cause of one upping Port Adelaide that Richmond won, otherwise those poor Camries would be completely lost having to derive enjoyment from their own accomplishments instead of our failings.

#ShouldaBeenNorwood

Theory, Power have become so obsessed with anything Crow related that they have become a franchise who have lost the art of winning games against teams that are considered even slightly above them on the ladder.

Theory, Power have become so obsessed with anything Crow related that they have become a franchise who have lost the art of winning games against teams that are considered even slightly above them on the ladder.

They're so obsessed with us.
Its clearly jealousy... we keep getting belted and yet we still come out better than them every time.

View attachment 437251
I wonder what this means then

It means he needed to get the charges dropped so he could play international rules interstate. It literally says that in the article.
And like with any famous person the police let it slide.

There's a reason AFL players never get convicted of things...ill give you a tip...its not because they didnt do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back