List Mgmt. 2017 Draft Discussion (cont in Pt 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
**** that, Steph if cleared has to be taken. He could be the best of the draft by a mile. He has superstar written all over him. Time to start rolling the dice on drafting our own Kelly, Fyfe, Danger type.

Exactly. Bit of a dodgy ticker should be no issue. Many wanted Gaff, and he actually has no heart.

Collingwood surely take a key back. They’re loaded with Mids, and you’d think they would’ve just kept Schade or Keefe if they’re going to use a late pick on a mature age/state league defender.
Collingwoods far bigger issue is they cant find any run and carry off HB. Havent had it since Harry O before he became a flog.

IMO will go for a Coffield type. Then go for a Petty/Taylor type later in draft. Have a couple of young defenders on list still and they would fall behind Reid, Dunn, Goldsack. They want immediate impact off HBF.

Depends what type of heart issue he has. There are plenty! I know having had a Pacemaker put in about 3 years ago. Easy to say Lenny had no problems. But they are not saying what problem he has.

If he has something like the thing Fabrice Muamba had/has then I can see clubs being shy. He may be ok for quite a while, but then not. Hard to say without knowing exactly what his problem or issue is.

If Brayshaw goes No.1 or 2- One of Stephenson, Cerra or Dow gets to us?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I doubt it. tbh not much changes considering Brayshaw’s likely to be top 5 anyway.

1. Bris - Brayshaw
2. Freo - LDU
3. Carl - Rayner
4. NM - Dow
5. Freo - Cerra
6. Coll - Coffield
——
Clark, Bonar, Murphy, Stephenson

I love Jack Newnes. Sorry, I didn’t mean to be disparaging to our Jack.

My point is Brayshaw will be a very handy player at the very least. But he could morph into a top 3 midfielder in the competition with his work ethic. And if Brisbane think they can see that as more likely than unlikely to occur then why wouldn’t they take him.

From memory Newnes was a top end runner at the combine as a junior, just like Brayshaw. I think he ran top 5 in his draft year (behind Gaff). Our Jack has the aggressive edge though that coaches can’t teach. When we played Collingwood this year I thought Newnes performance was above the likes of the more fancied Treloar.

Shhhh the secret will get out.

Maybe the real issue is that he (possibly) never mentioned it until it was discovered at the medical at the combine? Purely just a guess reading between the lines.
I heard none of his teammates attended his 18th.......

*Drafts Stephenson at 7 or 8*
*Retires 2 years later after 8 games with the saints due to irregular heart condition*

Would be so st kilda
Or Bulldogs take him at pick 9 and he becomes a superstar. The media will get years of discussion about whether it was a bigger blunder of taking Billings before Bont, or whomever before Stephenson.

Seriously though, the kid is a gun. Considering he has been able to play at an elite level for his age for many years, his condition is most likely not life-threatening. So many top-level athletes have conditions that one tablet in the morning can make completely irrelevant.

Or Bulldogs take him at pick 9 and he becomes a superstar. The media will get years of discussion about whether it was a bigger blunder of taking Billings before Bont, or whomever before Stephenson.

Seriously though, the kid is a gun. Considering he has been able to play at an elite level for his age for many years, his condition is most likely not life-threatening. So many top-level athletes have conditions that one tablet in the morning can make completely irrelevant.
Love him too, I want the saints to draft him. X-Factor, line breaking speed, goal kicker, everything our squad is thirsting for.

I'm just saying, it would be so st kilda if it happened, and I wouldn't be surprised if it did lol

Really want him and Coffield, if one of them aren't there, then we should take Bonar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d prefer for the club to take a conservative approach & pass on him. If he makes it to 7 that raises further concerns in itself given his talent.

there's numerous heart defects, many are easily corrected through surgery. others are managed. others are serious

lenny had an undiagnosed hole in the heart, didnt trouble him.

I’d prefer to take a risk on the next Sam Dunnel tbh

I'm going to put it down that Stephenson will be a best player of this draft in 5 years and will be much better than Brayshaw and Coffield.

I'm interested when the news came out and who reported it

Given the person who wrote the article is Western Bulldogs media mouthpiece #3, I'd say its the Doggies.

Fremantle have recruited a few in the past with heart issues, perhaps they're the ones not touching him with a barge pole?

All hinges on Naughton and Mayes probably. One or both have been touted in the top 6, but seem to have dropped out of favour. With Brayshaw going higher (as I am led to believe) Fogarty is still about. Higgins.....yes.... Stephenson.

Then Coffield and the Murphys, Bonars, Clarks, etc. Tricky. Easy to stuff up.

All hinges on Naughton and Mayes probably. One or both have been touted in the top 6, but seem to have dropped out of favour. With Brayshaw going higher (as I am led to believe) Fogarty is still about. Higgins.....yes.... Stephenson.

Then Coffield and the Murphys, Bonars, Clarks, etc. Tricky. Easy to stuff up.

Mayes? Do you mean Hayes? He isn't on the 'invited to the draft' list so I doubt the rumour has substance.

Fogarty, Bonar, Coffield, Naughton or Murphy might end up going top 6 though which would be pretty exciting to see who slips through.

Mayes? Do you mean Hayes? He isn't on the 'invited to the draft' list so I doubt the rumour has substance.

Fogarty, Bonar, Coffield, Naughton or Murphy might end up going top 6 though which would be pretty exciting to see who slips through.
Sorry....meant Hayes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back