Coach #34: Jamie Macmillan - delisted after 167 NM games/46 NM goals - returns as NMFC AFL Footy Ops boss (reporting to L.Kane)

That says it all. To have five players in the top twenty, out of a pool of 108+ defenders league wide, is way out of whack and likely a blight on our midfield.
we could do with a Blight in our midfield

is he a chance of being traded? has a bit of currency, and we dont really lack in his type of player?

he looks like a surgeon in bunnings....LOST!

something doesnt seem right with him this year.

Donkey Chop

Cancelled
Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
is he a chance of being traded? has a bit of currency, and we dont really lack in his type of player?

he looks like a surgeon in bunnings....LOST!

something doesnt seem right with him this year.

Whilst I'd be open to just about anything list management wise, reckon JMac is a real clubman. Can't see him going unless he wanted to

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

Phillyroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 17, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles Baby
This is great news, had JMac made it back he probably would have won us two games on his own, thus ruining our draft position.

Like him but he's the exact sort of player that might've had a little currency if 2018 reveals we're in a hole list wise.

Can't be upset with a player extending their contract though.
He would have got us a weak second round pick in a weak draft. If he got us a second next year, then I would be content.

He's the type that would never leave though.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
He would have got us a weak second round pick in a weak draft. If he got us a second next year, then I would be content.

He's the type that would never leave though.

If he had got us a pick around 30 this year I'd have done the deal and again, I don't mind him. But his player type, age vs the list profile would've made that move make sense.

If he had got us a pick around 30 this year I'd have done the deal and again, I don't mind him. But his player type, age vs the list profile would've made that move make sense.
Yea, I'm neither here or there on this one. I like the guy, but I wouldn't miss him massively if he went. A pick 30 in this draft though, no thanks. A pick 30 next year, yes please, let me pack the bags for you Mr. MacMillian.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Yea, I'm neither here or there on this one. I like the guy, but I wouldn't miss him massively if he went. A pick 30 in this draft though, no thanks. A pick 30 next year, yes please, let me pack the bags for you Mr. MacMillian.

I'm unconvinced you can write off one future draft and endorse the other at picks in the 20+ range without any players kicking a ball in anger at AFL level.

Clubs including ours have emerged from supposedly average drafts with 3+ good prospects (eg 2007) and bummed out big time in supposedly superdrafts (eg 2001). No problem with our differing opinions btw but I'd emphatically take pick 30 this year which could well net a Petrucelle or Worpel for example.

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Good on him.

And isn't that a dilemma for the Macmillanists who are also "why doesn't the club push back on every little slight" types.
I like that the article has already been published under a different headline but they still haven't picked up the error that we finished 15th not 16th this year.

Back