Combat Sports - Unpopular Opinions (Hot takes)

Remove this Banner Ad

George just did a cut down to 155 (or pretty close to it)

This khabib is near on goat status because of 27 and 0 is crud
Has fought 2 maybe 3 guys of any decent substance
IMO JJ is the GOAT, GSP probably second, but I think Khabib would have to be third in line atm. Cormier in the mix as well.
Who else would you rank above Khabib?
upload_2018-10-21_13-21-53.png

Last edited:
JJ I dont know, new Division looked like she was unstoppable so did Rousey but then the divison grew. Did you know Tito Ortiz won the title then defended it 5 times before losing it to Randy thats 7 title fights in a row and not against chumps either. Just saying these fighters that go on runs in early days in there division might not look that great on paper a decade down the road. Unless your mighty mouse lol

JJ I dont know, new Division looked like she was unstoppable so did Rousey but then the divison grew. Did you know Tito Ortiz won the title then defended it 5 times before losing it to Randy thats 7 title fights in a row and not against chumps either. Just saying these fighters that go on runs in early days in there division might not look that great on paper a decade down the road. Unless your mighty mouse lol
JJ - Jon Jones :)

IMO JJ is the GOAT, GSP probably second, but I think Khabib would have to be third in line atm. Cormier in the mix as well.
View attachment 576807
Anderson Silva, Fedor, Aldo, Randy, Matt Hughes, Mighty Mouse, Hendo, Cormier, Wanderlei Silva, BJ Penn, Cruz, .. I feel like the list goes on and on.

In terms of P4P skill at their peak, there is an argument for Khabib but you really can't compare skill between eras due to the quickly changing nature of the game.

In terms of accomplishments, Khabib is right below that list of the elite IMO. In the same category as a bunch of short time champs. One or two more defences against the likes of Tony or Kevin Lee and he is right in contention.

On skill alone, he is arguably the most dominant ever.. but we need a bigger sample size, against the elite to push into GOAT status.

View attachment 576807
As long as Khabib stays undefeated he will always be a player in those conversations. He has that invincibility.

He hasn’t beaten piles of elite guys but he’s never lost.

Reckon that’s why he’s partly wants to get out relatively early. If he fights for another 5 years having to face the biggest killers it’s likely he loses at some point, it’s likely any fighter would.

Has said he wants to retire ‘undefeated undisputed champion’

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't wanna see that fight again tbh.

Conor and Anderson Silva have verbally agreed that they want to fight at 180lbs. :huh:
Lol, one is an average sized LHW who fought at MW and the other is an averaged sized LW who has fought at FW. At 180 Conor might gas in the first 20 seconds.

Not interested in conor Silva...Ffs just why??
Lee and conor would be good
Give aldo another shot too while we are at
depends on what connor wants to do? does he want to stick to a divison and try for a title defend it i know im funny right. wants just pay days which Anderson makes sense remember everything the UFC does is about your fat ass dirty dollar and big fights seems to suits him

Anderson Silva, Fedor, Aldo, Randy, Matt Hughes, Mighty Mouse, Hendo, Cormier, Wanderlei Silva, BJ Penn, Cruz, .. I feel like the list goes on and on.

In terms of P4P skill at their peak, there is an argument for Khabib but you really can't compare skill between eras due to the quickly changing nature of the game.

In terms of accomplishments, Khabib is right below that list of the elite IMO. In the same category as a bunch of short time champs. One or two more defences against the likes of Tony or Kevin Lee and he is right in contention.

On skill alone, he is arguably the most dominant ever.. but we need a bigger sample size, against the elite to push into GOAT status.
Lobov.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back