GOAT Horses and/or Performances

Pick 6

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Timeform have Northerly and Sunline on the same rating :p fight fight fight!

(Winx currently 1 pound behind them)

FWIW they have Better Loosen Up top 10 all time 6 pounds ahead of them both - I think they have rated him too highly myself though. Would take Let's Elope over him any day and they have her rated almost 10 pounds inferior (and equal to Epaulette - LOL)

lol

They had a match race mate and BLU went looking for the milk in the final furlong ;)

Yep. Match race. After his bowed tendon when he was a completely inferior horse to what he was prior.

That said, I believe a certain Let's Elope lost the 1992 Cox Plate on protest because she chopped out Better Loosen Up on the turn who was no doubt finishing the race much stronger than she was and arguably would have won the race. Watch the replay if you like...

Yep. Match race. After his bowed tendon when he was a completely inferior horse to what he was prior.

That said, I believe a certain Let's Elope lost the 1992 Cox Plate on protest because she chopped out Better Loosen Up on the turn who was no doubt finishing the race much stronger than she was and arguably would have won the race. Watch the replay if you like...

Just like in the 2015 Melbourne Cup - if BLU was going any good he would have been able to withstand the interference from a far superior mare.

Pretty short list :$

I've already put up four horses that Winx has beaten pointlessly that are better than the cattle BLU was beating.

The only thing more hyped than the older horses of the early 90s are the 3yo crop every year.

I've already put up four horses that Winx has beaten pointlessly that are better than the cattle BLU was beating.

The only thing more hyped than the older horses of the early 90s are the 3yo crop every year.

Nope. Super Impose alone would have all 3 of those covered easily!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:
haha i like how horses sharing the G1's every second start in the 90's so that they're all G1 winners makes them better races than Winx braining them all in every start. it's like as if Shamus Award, Ocean Park and Adelaide went around this year and weren't retired to stud Winx would still be beating up on the same level of horse and destorying them but now it counts more because the competition won a cheap cox plate.

All your evidence is simply vibe and the feel of the form no facts, no international or personal ratings just, this horse say Ocean park won 4 in a row in whatever year including a CP he is a much better horse than say Criterion who just so happened to run into Winx.

haha i like how horses sharing the G1's every second start in the 90's so that they're all G1 winners makes them better races than Winx braining them all in every start. it's like as if Shamus Award, Ocean Park and Adelaide went around this year and weren't retired to stud Winx would still be beating up on the same level of horse and destorying them but now it counts more because the competition won a cheap cox plate.

All your evidence is simply vibe and the feel of the form no facts, no international or personal ratings just, this horse say Ocean park won 4 in a row in whatever year including a CP he is a much better horse than say Criterion who just so happened to run into Winx.

BLU won 7 group races in a row before his injury. Try again

FWIW all the horses I listed above where rated panels above the Cox Plate placegetters BLU beat by timeform.

Even if you counted Australia's most overrated horse in history (Super Impose - marginally edging out Smart Missile) all of them are better except Criterion (equal).

yeah 3 G1's incl the Cox Plate.

Ocean Park did 4. i might start praising Ocean Park as the GOAT.

My argument has always been that if BLU didn't get injured when he did, I believe he would be rated far higher than what he is today. Simple.

Anyone can disagree. I don't care.

Back