Resource The Bargain Bin: footy's best merch sales

Remove this Banner Ad

gwvs

Debutant
Nov 16, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Also rang up the Collingwood store on the hunt for some bargains. They only have real large sizes left on their AFL stuff but they said they were selling VFL sleeveless and long sleeve (!) guernseys for $50 which made me freak out a bit.
I bought home and clash versions of those VFL longsleeve jumpers a couple of weeks ago from the Collingwood store- at that stage they were $60 each. So beautiful- they turned out to bascially be player spec jumpers with the player fabric, GPS pockets and all- just no number on the back. I had also never realised, until comparing these two jumpers, that the hoops in the sleeves are the opposite way around on the clash jumper to on the home jumper!

collingwoodvfl.jpg

Last edited:

Jul 31, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
I bought home and clash versions of those VFL longsleeve jumpers a couple of weeks ago from the Collingwood store- at that stage they were $60 each. So beautiful- they turned out to bascially be player spec jumpers with the player fabric, GPS pockets and all- just no number on the back. I had also never realised, until comparing these two jumpers, that the hoops in the sleeves are the opposite way around on the clash jumper to on the home jumper!

View attachment 428425
Oh man why did you post that, now I really want to buy one. What's the sizing like on them? On an ISC retail I normally buy a medium but could probably fit into a small on a good day.

gwvs

Debutant
Nov 16, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Oh man why did you post that, now I really want to buy one. What's the sizing like on them? On an ISC retail I normally buy a medium but could probably fit into a small on a good day.
Sizing is relatively small on ISC player issue jumpers (like the Collingwood ones on sale now) and they also go in at the waist whereas the ISC retails are cut straight. I have just compared and measured the front of some ISC jumpers I have (the Collingwood ones I bought were both size L):

Retail size M (from 2016)- front chest (armpit-armpit) 51cm, front waist 51cm
Player issue size L (2017)- front chest: 48cm, front waist 42cm
Player issue size XL (2016)- front chest:52cm, front waist: 46cm

When I bought the jumpers two weeks ago, at that stage they still had the long sleeve versions up to size XL.

Jul 31, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Sizing is relatively small on ISC player issue jumpers (like the Collingwood ones on sale now) and they also go in at the waist whereas the ISC retails are cut straight. I have just compared and measured the front of some ISC jumpers I have (the Collingwood ones I bought were both size L):

Retail size M (from 2016)- front chest (armpit-armpit) 51cm, front waist 51cm
Player issue size L (2017)- front chest: 48cm, front waist 42cm
Player issue size XL (2016)- front chest:52cm, front waist: 46cm

When I bought the jumpers two weeks ago, at that stage they still had the long sleeve versions up to size XL.

Thanks for doing those measurements, I appreciate that. Geez the player issues taper in quite a bit. I'm not sure if I would get away with wearing one because unfortunately like Shakira my hips dont lie.

This would be so much easier if I lived in Melbourne and could just stroll into the Collingwood store and try these things on. sigh

John the Butcher

Does not support the Ken Hinkley Football Club
May 27, 2014
Port Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies
Port leaving ISC?

As I speak Port are currently clearing out all their ISC gear. Saw a pic before with PI's from 2013 among ones being sold. Someone head to Alberton and get me a Jasper Pittard guernsey please.
We do this "changeroom sale" every year

Jun 12, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Port leaving ISC?

As I speak Port are currently clearing out all their ISC gear. Saw a pic before with PI's from 2013 among ones being sold. Someone head to Alberton and get me a Jasper Pittard guernsey please.

Renault have wound up their sponsorship so it's probably more about moving on the stuff with their logo on it.

Not leaving ISC. Port are even selling 2011 Reebok guernseys.

Yeah I saw that, must've found a box in the attic! Apparently they're the ones we wore in the first AFL match at AO against the Dees in 2011.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 18, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Next weekend Geelong is doing a huge garage sale of all merch and memorabilia at the Simonds Stadium open day. I see they have just auctioned off excess ambition and indigenous guernseys for the best price. Anything unsold I imagine will go for cheap next Sunday.

I wish the Crows did something like this.
Would be a good time for them to offload these beauties :D
Crows-Mike-Burton-Adelaide-Now.jpg

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
Anyone found any good Click Frenzy sales tonight? I was able to pick up a pair of Puma King II's for the new season for just $110 (usually $220) and some indoor soccer boots for $44 (usually $110). I think Puma are doing up to 70% off, Rebel Sport doing minimum 20% off everything, adidas outlet 50% off everything.

Anyone found any good Click Frenzy sales tonight? I was able to pick up a pair of Puma King II's for the new season for just $110 (usually $220) and some indoor soccer boots for $44 (usually $110). I think Puma are doing up to 70% off, Rebel Sport doing minimum 20% off everything, adidas outlet 50% off everything.

New futsal boots from Rebel and some half price 2XU compression shorts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back