Socceroos THE WORLD CUP PLAY OFF THREAD-Socceroos through to Russia 2018 3-1 on Aggregate!!!! Ange resigns!

Who will qualify for the 2014 FIFA World Cup

• Australia Mate

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Honduras Gringo

• I don't care. I'm waiting for the AFL draft.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
oh man just forget it.
I said I don't follow aus teams and don't like how aus fans automatically dislike any Italians sporting teams.

as for the war thing, its always open season on Italy, but as soon as someone questions aus... sacrilege... some of us lost family also.
We don't automatically dislike any Italian sporting teams. The fans of the Italian teams make it easy for us when they boo an anthem of another country. Or people like you who say they bleed Italian yet suckle on the tit of Mother Australia.

carnthemlions

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
San Francisco 49ers, Hertha Berlin
Nice to see even a WCQ playoff satisfies Godwin's Law.

Italy sided with Hitler. Sided with HITLER.
There's nothing England has done in war that's as bad as siding with Hitler.
Mussolini was bad enough by himself, but then so was Churchill.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...itician-post-colonialist-author-a7641681.html
So?
The UK pushed everyone around back then. if you wanted to expand or use the Suez canal you had to pay exorbitant prices in gold.
Anyone they saw as a potential threat they put sanctions on... yeah they are scum.

Uk has done plenty. colonising, stolen territory.
Least we tried to take out the communist threat, you lot helped it.
Communist threat? Italian communists were a major part of the resistance against Mussolini.
oh man just forget it.
I said I don't follow aus teams and don't like how aus fans automatically dislike any Italians sporting teams.

as for the war thing, its always open season on Italy, but as soon as someone questions aus... sacrilege... some of us lost family also.
Any Italian sporting teams? The only sports I root against Italy in are football (for obvious reasons) and cycling.

Galaxie77

Team Captain
Sep 18, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Spezia Calcio.
We don't automatically dislike any Italian sporting teams. The fans of the Italian teams make it easy for us when they boo an anthem of another country. Or people like you who say they bleed Italian yet suckle on the tit of Mother Australia.

Everyones a displaced European here, like yank land.

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
Nice to see even a WCQ playoff satisfies Godwin's Law.

Italy sided with Hitler. Sided with HITLER.
There's nothing England has done in war that's as bad as siding with Hitler.
My great uncle fought against Italians in WW2, apparently he always said they were laughably inept soldiers that couldn't wait to surrender.

Mar 20, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
So when can we expect a decision in regards to Ange and Tim ?
I think its in the best interest for the team that neither goes to Russia. Cahill is still capable of brilliant moments, but most of the times looks completely lost, especially when the ball is quick in transition. Juric and Rogic are our two main attacking threats, and should lead the attack in Russia.

Oct 1, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NFC AUFC MUFC Socceroos
Shame Aus made it. but that's football.
Hopefully they get done in the first round...

The way Aus fans are they don't deserve to be in world cups.
And you wonder why so many have been laughing at Italy this week. Has been hilarious watching your hissy fits this week.

HI everyone,
I'd like to, if you allow me, to share my experiences of last nights game. We were watching the game with some friends, one of whom is one of those know it alls when it comes to everything, including football. Let's set the stage:

- he claims to have played the game
- he has nephew who play for very good club, juniors.
- says he watches a lot of juniors (true)

Here's some of the crap I had to put up with comments wise
- first half early stages, cahill coming back from offside position, casually walking back as the ball was pinballing in the box, and rolled past him. He bellowed "its just there turn around and kick a goal!". Me: um he's offside

- behich gets early yellow
Him: what?? Didn't even touch him
Me: ref probably saw it as a dangerous tackle, showing studs.

- we need strikers. We don't have anyone who can run and take on two players and score.
Me: wut? Is that what a striker is?
Him: well someone who's fast and can run past players
Me: would you call ronaldinho (*) a striker?
Him: ummmm (clearly doesn't know who ronaldinho was)

After a failed attack he repeated this line of thinking
Me: would you call Vardy or Kane strikers?
Him: well... looks away
Me: How about Viduka?
*crickets*
Me: all you watch are youtube clips of ronaldo and bale. You think all that fancy footwork is what makes a striker. FFS

- Takes umbrage at the theatrics of Hondurans after being fouled.
Him: oh god, you wouldn't see that in AFL. Here look at this, see that, that's my nephew getting cleaned up playing for ?????. He got up, didn't complain and cry like these guys
Me: so if this is strictly a football trait, when do you think your nephew will start doing all this diving stuff?
No answer.

- Him: this guy (juric) is a gun. When I saw him play juniors I told everyone he was gonna be a gun.
Um, mate I think juric lived and played juniors in sydney. You've never been there

- Him: Aussie teams from the 80s would beat this team (current national team).
Me: how so? Which players from the 80s do you reckon would beat this team?
Him: ummm

- Him: Honduras have a better defensive structure than us
Me: how so?
*crickets*

- Him: matt ryan is always shaky with his feet. I'm a bit biased cause my nephew is a goal keeper so I watch a lot of keepers play

- Honduras take free kick and drill it low into the wall
Him: why do they do that? At my nephews training I go out there and can put 6/10 in the back of the net. Just kick it over the wall
Me: sometimes players go low and try to go under the wall, or get a deflection. Also at that distance (short) its hard to get it up and down

- Corner
Him: why do we do these flat corners? The most dangerous ones are the floating ones

Endless crap.

Jun 13, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Chicago Bears
I was at the game last night, and then had a read through this thread. I noticed the comments regarding the Sydney crowd at kick off.

ANZ Stadium, and Sydney Trains, are a disgrace!! Blame the town planners who ever decided that a major stadium should be placed that far from the city!!

I left North Sydney at 5pm, stopped at a pub for 2 beers at Central and left the pub at 6.20. Got onto the train at approximately 6.30.... Apparently an express to the ground, leaving every 7 or 8 minutes. With 1.5 hours up our sleeve, and after running from the station around the ground ( with no signage) and up the top of those stupid bloody spiral ramps... We made it to our seat just as the anthems started. Others on our train missed the start after leaving over 1.5 hours from Central.

Someone with us was taking it more casual and decided not to leave Central until 7pm. He missed the whole of the first half!!

Until you live up here, you cannot understand how much of a s**t hole the Homebush precinct is, and just how bad Sydney Trains are. It was so disappointing that the ground was only half full for the anthems!!!

It would not have happened in Melbourne... Partially because they are just so much better at attending sport and partially because you can walk from the city to both of the major stadiums.

darko

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I was at the game last night, and then had a read through this thread. I noticed the comments regarding the Sydney crowd at kick off.

ANZ Stadium, and Sydney Trains, are a disgrace!! Blame the town planners who ever decided that a major stadium should be placed that far from the city!!

I left North Sydney at 5pm, stopped at a pub for 2 beers at Central and left the pub at 6.20. Got onto the train at approximately 6.30.... Apparently an express to the ground, leaving every 7 or 8 minutes. With 1.5 hours up our sleeve, and after running from the station around the ground ( with no signage) and up the top of those stupid bloody spiral ramps... We made it to our seat just as the anthems started. Others on our train missed the start after leaving over 1.5 hours from Central.

Someone with us was taking it more casual and decided not to leave Central until 7pm. He missed the whole of the first half!!

Until you live up here, you cannot understand how much of a s**t hole the Homebush precinct is, and just how bad Sydney Trains are. It was so disappointing that the ground was only half full for the anthems!!!

It would not have happened in Melbourne... Partially because they are just so much better at attending sport and partially because you can walk from the city to both of the major stadiums.

I went to Man U vs A-league all stars few years ago and while getting there was fine, the ride home was a nightmare. Aparently it'd take couple hours just to get on the platform but that's where the fun began because you had to push your way on the train. There was a concert next door plus around 70k at the game. My bro and I managed to avoid it by walking down the road and miraculously hailing a cab.

Jun 13, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Chicago Bears
I went to Man U vs A-league all stars few years ago and while getting there was fine, the ride home was a nightmare. Aparently it'd take couple hours just to get on the platform but that's where the fun began because you had to push your way on the train. There was a concert next door plus around 70k at the game. My bro and I managed to avoid it by walking down the road and miraculously hailing a cab.
Yep, getting home would have been a nightmare... But we were with a pregnant lady.... Golden ticket to using lifts and bypassing lines!! Still took approximately 1.5 hours to get home.

Jun 13, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Chicago Bears
Also...I can handle delays on the way home. To be expected with 77k leaving at the same time. It's the massive delays on the way there, which make people miss the match and result in what we saw last night, that are totally unacceptable!

darko

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Also...I can handle delays on the way home. To be expected with 77k leaving at the same time. It's the massive delays on the way there, which make people miss the match and result in what we saw last night, that are totally unacceptable!

Come to think of it we missed the rush coming in because we went to GWS/Essendon game at 4/4.30 start. Soccer ticket gave us free entry. Had we left couple hours later probably would've copped it on the way in.

SCG was pretty bad too when we went to baseball but at least it's walking distance to the Cross.

Back