Oppo Camp Non-Geelong football (AFL) discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if there's another place for discussion on the international rules series but I was a bit surprised why Mark O'Connor wasn't picked for the Irish team. Surely having supposedly being such a good Gaelic player and now playing afl he'd be worth a pick in the Irish team.

Not sure if there's another place for discussion on the international rules series but I was a bit surprised why Mark O'Connor wasn't picked for the Irish team. Surely having supposedly being such a good Gaelic player and now playing afl he'd be worth a pick in the Irish team.
He was a very good junior player, but that doesn't necessarily mean he'd make their senior IRS squad. A few more years maturing and developing and he'd definitely be in consideration.

Luv that Hawks recruiting and list management..

The cutting edge of all things AFL...

Vickery gone forever - retired and his 500k still counts for 2018.

At least they can hang their hat on JOM's full 2017 year being a success.

Cant wait to see them get smashed the same we it happened here with HMac...

GO Catters

GO Catters

On a related note, are North still paying for Black to be on our list? :D

On a related note, are North still paying for Black to be on our list? :D
i dont think this year they pay... we do... but he was free last year.

GO Catters

GO Catters

Well done Hawthorn

I still have Clarkson saying that Vickery will be a better player under Hawthron’s system in the back of my mind.

Richmond win the flag and we have a clear point of when Hawthorn became blinded by their own Arrogance.

Wish Vickery well though, think he was always thought of as a higher standard player than he could ever possibly be, and that is a hard thing to carry.

Yes, 'tis a sad day for them. But glorious for everyone else.

Richmond win the "give another club a Trojan Horse" award for 2017 and it's hard to see it being surpassed anytime soon.

Yes, 'tis a sad day for them. But glorious for everyone else.

Richmond win the "give another club a Trojan Horse" award for 2017 and it's hard to see it being surpassed anytime soon.

Not as good as the Kingsley to Richmond trojan horse though. Tigers finished 9th, we finished 10th in 2006. Kingsley leaves the Cattery for Punt Road and Geelong win the flag and Richmond win the spoon.

What makes it even better was that the last spot on their list that year was apparently between Kent and Pods, and they chose Kent.

What today will be remembered for:
23561540_510839825938507_5263896152302196695_n.jpg

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't they change the criteria for selection or something? I remember a kerfuffle a few years back when we sent 3rd stringers and there was controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back