Non-AFL chat thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any other beer drinkers here?
Just got my beer advent calendar delivered. A little disappointed as I've had most of the beers included.

I didn't realise that you were religious. God bless. (If only they had a Bloody Mary Advent calendar...)

Has anyone seen any expert analysis on whether Ben Simmons is a chance to develop a jump shot?? I’d love to read something like that.

Even if he get himself a semi-reliable 16-18 footer, he could be one of the best of all time. Let alone if he develops the 3.

Lebron at least had some form of jumper when he came out. Simmons literally has no jumper beyond the elbow. Amazing when you think about it. And he still dominates games as a rookie.

And a proud Australian. Just a bit obsessed with him and the 6ers.

What's a beer advent calendar ?
I'm looking to get a kegerator , anyone got one ?
It's like the advent calendar you see in the shops, the ones where you open up a chocolate and eat it every day of December in the lead up to Christmas. Only difference is there's a different craft beer for every day.

Has anyone seen any expert analysis on whether Ben Simmons is a chance to develop a jump shot?? I’d love to read something like that.

Even if he get himself a semi-reliable 16-18 footer, he could be one of the best of all time. Let alone if he develops the 3.

Lebron at least had some form of jumper when he came out. Simmons literally has no jumper beyond the elbow. Amazing when you think about it. And he still dominates games as a rookie.

And a proud Australian. Just a bit obsessed with him and the 6ers.

If you're interested in Ben Simmons shooting these Kevin O'Connor Ringer articles are must reads (he might be shooting with the wrong hand).

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2016/...ches-kent-bazemore-kawhi-leonard-8660e9939680
https://www.theringer.com/2017/10/3/16407050/ben-simmons-sixers-preview-2017

I tend to think he'll never be a great shooter but it is something he will get better at over the course of his career like a Jason Kidd or John Wall.

Can’t. Stop. Watching. Sixers.

MY GOD.

If Fulz is any good, they’re going to win titles.

Been trying to think who would be an ideal fit with their cap space this summer. Came up with Klay Thompson.

A) he’s not a free agent and
B) he likely wouldn’t go

But that’s the type of 2 way, shooting guard with length they need imo.

Kevin love was the other guy. His shooting, rebounding and experience would be great, but the obvious issues on D.

MY GOD.

Been trying to think who would be an ideal fit with their cap space this summer. Came up with Klay Thompson.

B) he likely wouldn’t go

Kevin love was the other guy. His shooting, rebounding and experience would be great, but the obvious issues on D.

Really fun game to watch today. Lakers are a fun team too. Kuzma continues to impress and Ingram is starting to breakout.

Embiid was unbelievable today, Simmons was too but Embiid was out of this world. Already one of the best two man combos going around. I’m sure Fultz will be fine.

I think someone like Avery Bradley would be a great fit. Probably unrealistic as well, Pistons will offer him big money this year.

Reported team is Warner, Bancroft, Khawaja, Smith, Handscomb, Marsh, Paine, Starc, Cummins, Hazlewood, Lyon. Bird (12th)

Paine has always looked the part, has a good technique with the bat and with the gloves. But I don’t trust him. There must be a reason he averages mid 20s in shield cricket and why he hasn’t scored a FC century in over a decade.

Nevill and Wade both don’t deserve a gig. So it was probably a lose lose situation and they’ve taken a risk. Could pay off Paine is probably more likely to score runs than the other two. Feels like an undeserved selection though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really fun game to watch today. Lakers are a fun team too. Kuzma continues to impress and Ingram is starting to breakout.

Embiid was unbelievable today, Simmons was too but Embiid was out of this world. Already one of the best two man combos going around. I’m sure Fultz will be fine.

I think someone like Avery Bradley would be a great fit. Probably unrealistic as well, Pistons will offer him big money this year.

Good call re Bradley. He’s a DOG. Goes hard. Love his game.

Interested in your thoughts on redick. Looks kinda cooked to me.

Reported team is Warner, Bancroft, Khawaja, Smith, Handscomb, Marsh, Paine, Starc, Cummins, Hazlewood, Lyon. Bird (12th)

Paine has always looked the part, has a good technique with the bat and with the gloves. But I don’t trust him. There must be a reason he averages mid 20s in shield cricket and why he hasn’t scored a FC century in over a decade.

Nevill and Wade both don’t deserve a gig. So it was probably a lose lose situation and they’ve taken a risk. Could pay off Paine is probably more likely to score runs than the other two. Feels like an undeserved selection though.

Have they ever used Handscomb as a keeper in test cricket? I lost faith in Wade about 5 years ago, our keeper situation must be bad.

Whiteman from WA looked pretty good in the T20 format, seemed to have a good technique. Where's he at lately?

Have they ever used Handscomb as a keeper in test cricket? I lost faith in Wade about 5 years ago, our keeper situation must be bad.

Whiteman from WA looked pretty good in the T20 format, seemed to have a good technique. Where's he at lately?

He kept for a session or two last summer but never for a full game. Kept in a couple of ODIs and he is beyond awful, he’s not the answer.

Whiteman had a big FC seasons a few years ago. Must’ve been 15-16 or possibly 14-15, has been average since and is currently out of the team with Bancroft keeping.

He kept for a session or two last summer but never for a full game. Kept in a couple of ODIs and he is beyond awful, he’s not the answer.

Whiteman had a big FC seasons a few years ago. Must’ve been 15-16 or possibly 14-15, has been average since and is currently out of the team with Bancroft keeping.

If Bancroft has been keeping then why not go with him? Is he just a part time keeper?

I just did a quick google search on Whiteman and it sounds like he's having major finger troubles similar to what Paine had.

Good call re Bradley. He’s a DOG. Goes hard. Love his game.

Interested in your thoughts on redick. Looks kinda cooked to me.

Haven’t seen enough of them to really comment. Struggled a lot today though but his stats for the year look decent still. I’d need a bigger sample size to comment.

If Bancroft has been keeping then why not go with him? Is he just a part time keeper?

I just did a quick google search on Whiteman and it sounds like he's having major finger troubles similar to what Paine had.

Fpcookie said he was a better Handscomb, which isn’t a glowing endorsement for his keeping abilities.

Didn’t realise Whiteman had finger issues, presumed he was injured but didn’t look to see what he was. Hopefully he can overcome them. He’s probably still the most likely long term keeper once he can start making shield runs again.

Not a lot coming through. Carey looks like he might be another Hartley, and none of the other young keepers seem to be regulars at state level.

Bancroft has kept in 2 or 3 FC games in his whole career and people want him picked as Test keeper... it's absurd but I wouldn't actually put it past CA. We've got a young kid here that has had a lot of potential for a few years and is finally hitting his straps opening at FC level, it would be a great idea to add the enormous pressure of keeping for his country to his Test debut wouldn't it?!

Just wait till the 34 year old Marsh reaches his potential... such a joke. I’ve never seen a bloke get so many undeserved chances in any sport in the world.

Renshaw
Warner
Uzzie
Smith
Bancroft
Handscomb
Nevill
Starc
Cummins
Lyon
Hazelwood

That would’ve been my team. Love Sayers, hopefully he plays in Adelaide.

MY GOD.

B) he likely wouldn’t go

If they didn’t do that Boston trade and took Tatum they’d be potentially very scary..

MY GOD.

B) he likely wouldn’t go

I would agree but NBA players change teams like you or I change socks. It's pretty rare to hold onto the same unit for extended periods these days.

Sixers with Klay... it'd make me almost want to change teams!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back