Injury Ankle Surgery for Jamie Elliott

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully just a scope and a cleanout. Billy had a lateral sprain at one point, didn’t he? Anterior capsular impingement might fit with the history in that case. Any ligaments needing to be tightened and I’d struggle to see him back within the timeframe provided.

Soups

Premium Platinum
Jul 16, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
In other words, they erred in thinking the injury would get better with rest and instead of getting surgery out of the way 2 months back, Jamie will now only have a partial pre-season and not be at his best next year. Great injury management yet again from the club.
He would probably rather his holiday time I guess.

Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
The club tells lies. They lied about the purpose of the scan, or at best, distorted the truth about it. They are also no doubt lying about his expected return date. If he has been hobbling about since the AFL season on one leg, he is hardly going to be ready to go in 6 weeks time after surgery.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In other words, they erred in thinking the injury would get better with rest and instead of getting surgery out of the way 2 months back, Jamie will now only have a partial pre-season and not be at his best next year. Great injury management yet again from the club.

We have done this many times before haven't we? Can't remember the player but it was pretty recent when we didn't send him in for surgery and then we realised oh s**t he needs surgery.

Whoever is managing this aspect of the club needs to be sacked. Why don't we ever learn from past mistakes?

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
The club tells lies. They lied about the purpose of the scan, or at best, distorted the truth about it. They are also no doubt lying about his expected return date. If he has been hobbling about since the AFL season on one leg, he is hardly going to be ready to go in 6 weeks time after surgery.

untitled.png

peter9789

Club Legend
Aug 25, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
It seems time and again we mismanage players injuries. Surely we should have opted for surgery at end of season so he could at least be ready for some of preseason.

Given the lack of transparency on the nature of injuries it's hard to see Elliott having a pre season at all.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Haha yeah right, if he’s back at training by the end of January I’ll eat my members hat.
"From full training until the New Year"

So surgery then some training by around the middle of Jan. (No doubt other will read "New Year" as any time next year & state the club was right, w***ers)

I declare your bet.....

giphy.gif

This has happened quite a bit hasn’t it? With daisy and then scharenberg from memory where we hold off surgey after the season and then have to do it once they should be training.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back