• Aiden Bonar

Votes: 15 5.4%
  • Nathan Murphy

Votes: 3 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we'll take Coffield.

Just a guess based on who goes first to other clubs and Naughton the outsider so to speak.

But whoever we get will be wearing 35 for some silly rotation thing that I suspect only a few like. It was tried fair enough. But not for me.

But Coffield looks even seniors ready somewhere in the season.

I really wish we would ditch the 35 idea. It doesn't work. And with every passing year, Presti missing the GF becomes less and less relevant.

35 is, and will always be, Peter Daicos first and foremost. Put the idea to rest and give the number to Josh or Nick if they establish themselves in the seniors.

I really wish we would ditch the 35 idea. It doesn't work. And with every passing year, Presti missing the GF becomes less and less relevant.

35 is, and will always be, Peter Daicos first and foremost. Put the idea to rest and give the number to Josh or Nick if they establish themselves in the seniors.
Apparently Eddie offered it to Josh permanently and he turned it down. I hope they keep the 'tradition' going until Nick bursts on to the scene in a few years.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

Hi

well said.

Nick would be best. As Josh wanted his separate number.

Regarding the topic discussed earlier.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/...t/news-story/8a110b3021d8c55b4b4c394a74a79063

“I’ve spoken to most clubs in that range but they don’t give much away,” Cerra said.

“Every time someone asks me where I’m going, I’m in the same boat as them, I honestly don’t know but it would be awesome to go to North. Mum is a North supporter.”
Likely leading question:
“There are a lot of rumours North are looking at selecting you at 4. Do you think they’ll pick you, and would you be happy going there?”

Those kinds of quotes from draftees are always taken out of context, and usually in response to a loaded question. Just like Brander a month ago, and probably what Naughton got last week too. If he was asked straight up “which team do you hope drafts you”, the response would be very different.

So after mis-quoting Naughton in the article, the journalist could end up looking quite silly. By the sounds of it, if one of the top four drop, the Pies will pounce. The old Cerra to Pies rumour is back in fashion again now. I just can't bloody wait until Friday because it's driving me insane haha.

2nd That. Hate how long its between end of Trade Period and the Draft. So much Crap is said during that time and Change who you want 100 Times. Should get it over and done with

Apparently Eddie offered it to Josh permanently and he turned it down. I hope they keep the 'tradition' going until Nick bursts on to the scene in a few years.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

Hi

well said.

Nick would be best. As Josh wanted his separate number.

If Nick is this FigJam that he's been reported to be, and there's nothing wrong with that he is a kid and most kids are, then you'd think and hope he will take the opportunity to wear the same number as the one and only Macedonian marvel; his Dad.

If Nick is this FigJam that he's been reported to be, and there's nothing wrong with that he is a kid and most kids are, then you'd think and hope he will take the opportunity to wear the same number as the one and only Macedonian marvel; his Dad.
What can go wrong labelling a young kid as fig jam.... hmmmmm

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As highlights go, Cerra doesn’t fill me with much excitement nor is he the type of play we really need?
Naughton or Fog are our men!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I thought he looked like absolute silk. A certain 200 gamer - injuries noy withstanding.

Do you know if they are keen on Naughton at 5?
Know is definitely the wrong word for both Cerra and Naughton. About fifth hand information I've heard is that they will take 2 mids and Cerra is high on their list. If they don't take him at 2 they hope he'll be there at 5. But take this with more than a grain of salt.

I thought he looked like absolute silk. A certain 200 gamer - injuries noy withstanding.

Every chance he'd be #1 without injuries this year. If he's there we'll take him. It's just a case of what North do. Freo won't take him IMO. So it's down to North.

Whose idea was the number 35 going to the first player selected? It is ridiculous and now we have a junior Daicos, the club should end it.

One of the worst ideas I've seen with absolutely no purpose.
It does have a purpose, Presti gave up his spot in the granny and this was the way the club chose to remember him for that decision, but I think that it should be scrapped when Nick Daicos get drafted.

I don't think a kid at 18 really understands what it means to move interstate and away from family and friends.

While he may have no problem now, a couple of years down the track, that may change.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk
Yeah I remember Schache wanted to go to Brisbane.

Yeah I remember Schache wanted to go to Brisbane.
Yep. Doubt he understood what it is like to live away from support structure.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

In fairness his Dad passing away unexpectedly within 6 months of being drafted is bound to have had an impact. The moral to me is to not be so absolute in your stance.

Back