Unofficial Preview 2018 AFL Round 1 - Melbourne vs Geelong, Sunday March 25th, MCG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rondog

Team Captain
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Sick of this one being a lock in, it's never a good game, always a blow out and with the exception of this year neither team ends up being relevant.

The "oh but the crowd is always great " argument is bullshit too, it's opening night in Melbourne, you'd get 70k whatever the matchup.
The AFL still thinking like the VFL.

Big possibility that Ablett misses the 1st half of the season due to injury from the International Rules Series....i can see the melts now, starting with me :p
Thankfully GAJr + the MC heard you - didn't play.

How about GAJr injury during preseason? How many melts?

(I just touched wood three times to stop any jinxing lol)

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Always..
....copped more flak than deserved for the role he played.
Thats what happens when we play a composite game ... one side says a shirt front and a forearm to the shoulder is a transgression ...meanwhile its OK to trip Danger and to jump into his back.. stupid concept ..whats the goal? ...to kill our own sport? I heard SEN this morning asking what was a better watch .. this game or the Soccerroos game..

and that someone can get suspended for something in this game is insane. One may as well have suspensions for training.

Thats what happens when we play a composite game ... one side says a shirt front and a forearm to the shoulder is a transgression ...meanwhile its OK to trip Danger and to jump into his back.. stupid concept ..whats the goal? ...to kill our own sport? I heard SEN this morning asking what was a better watch .. this game or the Soccerroos game..

and that someone can get suspended for something in this game is insane. One may as well have suspensions for training.
Might agree with you but your reply to my post about Motlop and his time with us makes no sense to me?

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Might agree with you but your reply to my post about Motlop and his time with us makes no sense to me?
I will have to back track to see what you mean...

OK
Not sure something a bit skewif about this website today... I was referencing your comment about Selwood not playing due to a probable week off due to him being black carded in the shamozle game...

CatsDoItBetter

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 9, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
Team for the Round 1 hopefully no injuries before then:

Bews Henderson Guthrie
Stewart Taylor Tuohy
Duncan Dangerfield Cockatoo
Menzel Buzza Ablett
Parfitt Hawkins Gregson
Smith Selwood Selwood
Kolo Thurlow Menegola McCarthy

Obviously need Gregson and McCarthy to stay fit but they are the players we missed last season, Blicavs will be picked but I wouldn't pick him until he forced his way into the team. Like the run and match winners across the lines should give it a good run with a good injury run.

Team for the Round 1 hopefully no injuries before then:

Bews Henderson Guthrie
Stewart Taylor Tuohy
Duncan Dangerfield Cockatoo
Menzel Buzza Ablett
Parfitt Hawkins Gregson
Smith Selwood Selwood
Kolo Thurlow Menegola McCarthy

Obviously need Gregson and McCarthy to stay fit but they are the players we missed last season, Blicavs will be picked but I wouldn't pick him until he forced his way into the team. Like the run and match winners across the lines should give it a good run with a good injury run.

Actually, I don't mind Cocky on the wing as we lack run and carry with Motlop gone.
I would still like to see someone come through who can break the lines from defense like Wojcinski of old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back