FTA-TV Mindhunter

Sep 26, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Well, the fan theory is that Dennis is a serial killer.
Yeah I assumed that towards the end of the season , haven’t gone back to freeze the frame to see if they have the same face.

But through the season they were talking about triggers from life events that seems to happen to him towards the end.

He may have left the FBI and got married and started to fantasise about being a killer.

Or I may just be completely wrong

Aug 2, 2007
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Packers, Bulls, Ducks, Angels
Yeah I assumed that towards the end of the season , haven’t gone back to freeze the frame to see if they have the same face.

But through the season they were talking about triggers from life events that seems to happen to him towards the end.

He may have left the FBI and got married and started to fantasise about being a killer.

Or I may just be completely wrong

The poster you quoted is referring to Dennis from Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia and his likeness to Holden Ford.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Finished yesterday. Excellent on all fronts.

Want to see more of them applying what they are learning to real cases. The mystery man at the start of the episodes will definitely be a big part in Season 2.

What are people's thoughts on the principal. Couldn't believe the guys wife tried the whole guilt trip on Holden. He was tickling feet and paying kids for the pleasure of it FFS. So inappropriate for a person in a position of power.

I had thought that him getting fired was going to be a 'stressor' that set him off in some way. But not to be. Thought it was strange him reappearing for a glance in the last episode.

Actor that played Kemper take a bow. The weasel they hired that then sold them out.... I hate that guy!

However Holden was getting way to big for his own boots in those last few episodes.

My wife and I had a heated debate about the principal.

My two main points about it were;

The Time; 70's were a different time and its unlikely this behaviour would have been nearly as scrutinized as it is now

The FBI; Regardless of what was going on there, it wasn't then and even probably wouldn't be now a case for the FBI.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Just started ep 3. See security van. Oh **** I know who that is.

Oh Anna Torv nice to see u again.
Ep 1 as '' duct tape anal guy''

I'm not a fan of the guy who plays Holden Ford at all, terrible actor.

The guy playing Holden Fold for some ****** up reason looked abit like Glenn Howerton from Always Sunny to me and it was doing my head in.

Not related at all either.
I see Tom Cruise at some angles

Have watched the first 3. Really enjoying. Shall continue to watch. Hope it goes for a while

Mar 21, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Finished this yesterday. I enjoyed it and the character arc of Holden Ford mirrored that of the classic serial killer profile

Start experimenting, refining and adjusting your methods until you arrogantly believe your methods are the best and that nobody else knows the feelings. Hopefully the way the series ended gives Ford an opportunity to ponder this arrogance.

The guy that played Ed Kemper was amazing. Check out the real Ed Kemper on YouTube. Uncanny. I think the mysterious character in the beginning of most episodes is Dennis Rader, the BTK serial killer.

Almost definitely the BTK killer. Looking at his wikipedia page, it said he worked for the ADT security company.

My wife and I had a heated debate about the principal.

My two main points about it were;

The Time; 70's were a different time and its unlikely this behaviour would have been nearly as scrutinized as it is now

The FBI; Regardless of what was going on there, it wasn't then and even probably wouldn't be now a case for the FBI.

Two points.
1. I agree with the FBI boss guy that it isn't their job to preempt crime and it probably wasn't within the FBI's jurisdiction.
2. However, if parents had expressed concern and asked him to stop he should have stopped. There are other ways to make children smile without touching them.

Really enjoyed it too. I like the way some plots went over a few episodes, others not so much - avoiding feeling formulaic. Fincher is great.

The last Ep was so good the way Holden completely broke that tree-cutter murderer under interrogation. Masterful. Tench tried to knock him down a peg or two because he could see it was going to his head "detective work got him in the room," but it was too late, his arrogance was out of control.

And then everything in his life just went to s**t. Finally Kemper looking like he was going to kill him, only to see his day end with him hugging a monster, no wonder he broke down.

rippersnipper

What up son, whatever
Jun 22, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
My favourite show in a long long time. Definitely the BTK at the start of each episode and i think they'll try and hunt him to no avail throughout the next seasons. There's so much potential with it though, so many killers operating during the time period in which the show is set. Guys like the green river killer, EAR/ONS, the other night stalker, ed gein, bundy, dahmer and so on.

My favourite show in a long long time. Definitely the BTK at the start of each episode and i think they'll try and hunt him to no avail throughout the next seasons. There's so much potential with it though, so many killers operating during the time period in which the show is set. Guys like the green river killer, EAR/ONS, the other night stalker, ed gein, bundy, dahmer and so on.

Gein was before that wasnt he? Though they could interview him I guess that would be messed up enough.

I thought they mentioned Bundy in one ep?

rippersnipper

What up son, whatever
Jun 22, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Gein was before that wasnt he? Though they could interview him I guess that would be messed up enough.

I thought they mentioned Bundy in one ep?
Yeah probably, I'm just being vague with the names because there are so many. And they may have, i don't remember and they could always go back to him. As i said, fairly sure the BTK is going to be the main focus over the course of the show with other killers being caught each episode or so. Obviously the green river killer would be similar to him as he wasn't caught until 2000 or something

Mar 21, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Yeah probably, I'm just being vague with the names because there are so many. And they may have, i don't remember and they could always go back to him. As i said, fairly sure the BTK is going to be the main focus over the course of the show with other killers being caught each episode or so. Obviously the green river killer would be similar to him as he wasn't caught until 2000 or something
Wasnt BTK caught based on the insights they gained from all these interviews? Or is that projecting too much?

rippersnipper

What up son, whatever
Jun 22, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Wasnt BTK caught based on the insights they gained from all these interviews? Or is that projecting too much?
If i remember correctly, he was caught because he ****ed up and sent in a floppy disk or something after the cops said that they couldn't trace him (they were exchanging letters). They went through it and found a deleted word file that mentioned the church in which he worked/attended and his name and it was game over. I think they got the profile but just couldn't catch him, he was only caught because of his stupidity. The bloke was absolutely cooked, have seen photos of the s**t he used to do and it is insane.

Happy Daze

Club Legend
Sep 1, 2007
Bathurst
AFL Club
Essendon
This is easily the best bit of TV I've seen this year. Quality show. It may have been mentioned but the woman academic who ended up heading the unit is Rupert Murdoch's niece. Not that that should be held against her - she's stellar in this as are the other actors.

Back