Best player in the world

2 in his last 8 starts, Messi has dipped a little of late.

Messi is probably the right answer but Kevin has been pretty bloody exceptional so far this season.

It isn't even close.

That's just this season up to this point. If there was any justice in football he'd be a lock for the Ballon d'or.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Not as big a gap between them as you might think (this season obviously).

View attachment 438858

Goals the obvious difference. If KDB can get that figure up...
Yeah just the 9 extra goals haha.

But stats though.

Just watch Messi. He's the GOAT. KDB is a fantastic player but absolutely nowhere near Messi.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Screenshot_20171121-182804.jpg

I dont really follow stats but it seems a few have him covered atm.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171121-174614.jpg
    Screenshot_20171121-174614.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Yeah just the 9 extra goals haha.

But stats though.

Just watch Messi. He's the GOAT. KDB is a fantastic player but absolutely nowhere near Messi.
I've seen plenty of Messi this season. Perhaps it's because he's set the bar so high in previous seasons but I don't think he's that far ahead of KDB on play.

Stats can help to justify things but I'm also basing my opinion on watching them play.

For instance, Messi averages triple the amount of shots per game than KDB does. You'd kind of expect Messi to have more goals...

Sep 10, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Al-Nassr FC
Ballon d'or is a joke award though, Ronaldo will win it despite it being as clear as day he isn't even in the top 5 players in the world anymore in 2017.

Name a player who performed better or half as good in the biggest comp this year the CL? He won the award several months ago. There's no point even holding a vote.

Sep 10, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Al-Nassr FC
I've seen plenty of Messi this season. Perhaps it's because he's set the bar so high in previous seasons but I don't think he's that far ahead of KDB on play.

Stats can help to justify things but I'm also basing my opinion on watching them play.

For instance, Messi averages triple the amount of shots per game than KDB does. You'd kind of expect Messi to have more goals...
They are playing everything to Messi since Neymar and Enrique left which is padding stats. He tried playing deeper as a provider but it wasn't for him. Suarez the 70m investment has gone down the toilet. Barca are powerless as well because he's holding them to ransom on his contract. Its similar story at Argentina where he quit until they benched Dybala.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Name a player who performed better or half as good in the biggest comp this year the CL? He won the award several months ago. There's no point even holding a vote.
Name such a former high quality player who has stunk it up at Madrid for nearly half a season.

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
They are playing everything to Messi since Neymar and Enrique left which is padding stats. He tried playing deeper as a provider but it wasn't for him. Suarez the 70m investment has gone down the toilet. Barca are powerless as well because he's holding them to ransom on his contract. Its similar story at Argentina where he quit until they benched Dybala.

Doesn't seem to be affecting the team though does it ? Aren't they 10 points clear of a superior squad that is Real Madrid ?

Sep 10, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Al-Nassr FC
No point discussing logic with a Ronaldo fan boy, FWIW Kroos has been Madrid's MVP for a little while now.
Would drop Kroos before Casemeiro in midfield. Kovacic could do a similar job to Kroos. Besides none come close to CR7's performances. That's why he broke the record for CL goals in a calendar year, mostly in knockout stages. I am sure we can all admire these performances for years to come. KBD will dream of one day getting 1/4 of the goals CR7 got in those rounds.

Last edited:
Back